Mats

First Name
Mats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 4S cab, CT 4S Gentian Blue
Country flag
My turn ! Heater broke down and it is getting cold here .
Tried 3 ! days to call my dealer ( maintenance) without luck ! Was able to contact them trough my salesman .
Now the good part , will have to wait 2 yes 2 months before getting helped .
Car has to stay for a week because of replacement heater , full update on systems and check of battery .
(I get a replacement car but pretty sure I have to pay for this .)
Said and wrote an email to say I wouldn't accept this but of course NO reply .
How is this possible ????
Official Dealer !
Disgusted ....
I had my 4S Cross Turismo for its first service about a week ago. Got some updates as well. Hence, was offered a free loaner that I didn't use. Instead while waiting did some catch up calls, reading and a meeting in the Porsche Center. Took in all roughly 4-5 hrs.
However driving back home from Malmö to the east coast (about 90 km), I realized there was no heater anymore. Strangely enough, the forced windshield heater was working fine.
Called the Porsche Center and they were well aware of the general problem with the heating unit and offered me a new schedule three days later when they could offer a loaner. Spare parts was not an issue.

Typically, going back to the shop the heating system started to work 10 km before arriving to the center. Based on this, the technican couldn't find any problem with the heating system and there was a major risk that I had to return without having anything fixed. However, the head of the service didn't give up and wante to take the car for a longer test drive. The problem re-occured and the heater was replaced. All in all including the extended testning took about five hours along with another minor recall for change of an antenn cable.

General, I'm am extremely happy with the service at Porsche Center Malmö/ Helsingborg which are both under the management.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I had my 4S Cross Turismo for its first service about a week ago. Got some updates as well. Hence, was offered a free loaner that I didn't use. Instead while waiting did some catch up calls, reading and a meeting in the Porsche Center. Took in all roughly 4-5 hrs.
However driving back home from Malmö to the east coast (about 90 km), I realized there was no heater anymore. Strangely enough, the forced windshield heater was working fine.
Called the Porsche Center and they were well aware of the general problem with the heating unit and offered me a new schedule three days later when they could offer a loaner. Spare parts was not an issue.

Typically, going back to the shop the heating system started to work 10 km before arriving to the center. Based on this, the technican couldn't find any problem with the heating system and there was a major risk that I had to return without having anything fixed. However, the head of the service didn't give up and wante to take the car for a longer test drive. The problem re-occured and the heater was replaced. All in all including the extended testning took about five hours along with another minor recall for change of an antenn cable.

General, I'm am extremely happy with the service at Porsche Center Malmö/ Helsingborg which are both under the management.
That is a really good service. Great they took it for a longer ride. And good it happened again.

I am going on a trip to the alps in January. I hope it happens the coming weeks so a fix is possible. Stupid but I am kind of waiting for it to happen, not a good feeling. I think the replacement I got last year is not the improved one. Just hope it doesn’t happen while on holidays.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Had a mail from my dealer today. Asked for a preventive heater change for the new one. Of course they didn’t want to. They say Porsche AG doesn’t allow a change under warranty unless it is broken.

He also mentioned that Porsche monitors the heaters over the air and will automatically see if heaters are broken. My car wasn’t diagnosed with a broken heater. Don’t know if this is correct. When it is, why do they let people drive around with a broken heater, let them make an appointment and wait for weeks to confirm something they already knew by online diagnostics.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Had a mail from my dealer today. Asked for a preventive heater change for the new one. Of course they didn’t want to. They say Porsche AG doesn’t allow a change under warranty unless it is broken.

He also mentioned that Porsche monitors the heaters over the air and will automatically see if heaters are broken. My car wasn’t diagnosed with a broken heater. Don’t know if this is correct. When it is, why do they let people drive around with a broken heater, let them make an appointment and wait for weeks to confirm something they already knew by online diagnostics.
I think that's BS.

If they do monitor the heaters remotely, then they do nothing when they know they have failed.
I assume they may be able to check on whether the battery Preheats when charging?

I don't recall 1 person (from the numerous on here with failed heaters) where they were notified their heater failed without realising it themself first.

So, either your dealer is lying, or they do monitor them and do nothing about a major safety issue.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I think that's BS.

If they do monitor the heaters remotely, then they do nothing when they know they have failed.

I don't recall 1 person (from the numerous on here with failed heaters) where they were notified their heater failed without realising it themself first.

So, either your dealer is lying, or they do monitor them and do nothing about a major safety issue.
Yes indeed. Or it is BS and if it isn’t it is even worse because they know about and don’t take action.

bluehat24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Pure BS. The way Porsche handled this - waiting for the heaters to fail when they know it's just a matter of time - is now causing a major backlog of cars waiting for repairs as the cold temperatures are here. The one and only dealer in Ireland doesn't even have space to store the car until is scheduled to be repaired (so they claim)... Coming from Tesla, I thought the customer service can only get better -Porsche managed to proved me wrong :) Car might be special, the customer service is nothing they can be proud of. This is my experience only, of course.

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
My turn now, will have to take it up on Monday, outside temp is zero
Car goes in tomorrow with the loaner being a BMW no idea what yet, only reason I’m getting a loaner is because Porsche Belfast said to use Porsche Assist and they would get me a loaner. I’d think I’ll have it for a while but better than freezing in an overpriced fridge

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Car goes in tomorrow with the loaner being a BMW no idea what yet, only reason I’m getting a loaner is because Porsche Belfast said to use Porsche Assist and they would get me a loaner. I’d think I’ll have it for a while but better than freezing in an overpriced fridge
In Belgium the loaner is for a week only. Maybe different in Belfast ?

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My turn. A week after getting my car back from two months at the dealership where the faulty on-board charger was replaced a second time, I noticed there was no heat in the car. I brought my lemon back to the dealership where it was confirmed it is a failed cabin heater (the one under recall). It's now been a week and Porsche Canada has not yet "released the part".

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My turn. A week after getting my car back from two months at the dealership where the faulty on-board charger was replaced a second time, I noticed there was no heat in the car. I brought my lemon back to the dealership where it was confirmed it is a failed cabin heater (the one under recall). It's now been a week and Porsche Canada has not yet "released the part".
Did they put you in a loaner? Or does Porsche Canada assume if you can afford a Porsche, you must have a garage full of cars to choose to drive?

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did they put you in a loaner? Or does Porsche Canada assume if you can afford a Porsche, you must have a garage full of cars to choose to drive?
My dealer has been great like this. I was previously in a macan and now a cross turismo. I’d rather be in my 4S. I’ve been out of it for more than 4 months in the first 2 years of ownership. I currently have a file open with Porsche Canada.

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So my car has been at the shop for a week and a day with no working cabin heater, and Porsche hasn’t “released” the part yet. Thoughts?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
So my car has been at the shop for a week and a day with no working cabin heater, and Porsche hasn’t “released” the part yet. Thoughts?
What does “released” mean? Are they holding is hostage until they agree you qualify for it, or are they out of stock?

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Picked up car today, heater fixed although I had to turn up temp a degree. Almost better than that the spongy breaks were fixed. Turned out they needed bleed, a 5.5 hour job