JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
All you guys suggesting Matrix Lights as must have dont realize that the OP is in the USA, where matrix lights have zero functionality and he will basically be wasting $1500+ on absolutely nothing. Solid advice.
For clarity from the US configurator:

Note: Full LED-Matrix functionality (individual operation of 84 LEDs) is limited for the US market. Individual LEDs are programmed to operate as a single light source to perform the functions listed above.

Under this option you get PDSL+ for bendy roads and cornering.

What is the Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)?
What is the difference between PDLS and PDLS Plus? Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus has two added functions. First, at speeds higher than about 40 mph, the dynamic main beam will turn on and detect oncoming traffic and vehicles in front of you. The light cone’s intensity and range are adjusted depending on the surroundings. Secondly, Intersection Assistant turns on the electronic cornering lights to adjust the broadness and length of the light cones, which increases the visibility of the vehicle’s surroundings.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
For clarity from the US configurator:

Note: Full LED-Matrix functionality (individual operation of 84 LEDs) is limited for the US market. Individual LEDs are programmed to operate as a single light source to perform the functions listed above.

Under this option you get PDSL+ for bendy roads and cornering.

What is the Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)?
What is the difference between PDLS and PDLS Plus? Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus has two added functions. First, at speeds higher than about 40 mph, the dynamic main beam will turn on and detect oncoming traffic and vehicles in front of you. The light cone’s intensity and range are adjusted depending on the surroundings. Secondly, Intersection Assistant turns on the electronic cornering lights to adjust the broadness and length of the light cones, which increases the visibility of the vehicle’s surroundings.
PDLS+ is standard on the 4S.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
PDLS+ is standard on the 4S.
Excellent analysis by @JimBob on the value of PDLS+ that does not require upgrade to Matrix
You are correct @xyeahtony that 4S has PDLS+ as part of Standard Equipment with LED lights:

Standard Equipment: Taycan 4S

Lighting
  • LED Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)

maxkkk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
Battery, ACC, blind spot assist, panoramic roof, extended leather, bose, surround view (I’d also add comfort access)

And only then all the other fancy options come. I find it ridiculous when a car has rear steering wheels, but doesn’t have such a basic option as the surround view

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I would suggest the one thing you do is go and get a test drive, see some Taycans in person to get an idea of color but definitely sit in some to check out which seats you want.

For some reason I found the comfort seats uncomfortable (after an hour driving) and the 18 way sport seats perfect. I wouldnt have known without sitting in them both.

Also ignore a lot of people saying stuff is a must have, because your situation is not the same as everyone elses.
Sponsored