davids

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT MY22
Country flag
I too have the reported issue – when the app had been fine up until 24 hours ago. Also web based my.porsche.com has updated/latest data for me – though with reduced functionality on the web recently.

IMG_2862.PNG

To do a little bit of investigation into what is going on – I did a MITM attack (man-in-the-middle) on my iOS device by installing a reverse proxy with a trusted intermediate certificate.

Here are the calls the iOS app makes when you open it up as an already logged in user:

IMG_2863.PNG

All the calls are successful except for the one I marked in red. Drilling down into that request/response:

IMG_2864.PNG

This request – to the endpoint https://api.ppa.porsche.com – is refusing to CONNECT with the SSL socket quickly returning an EOF (end-of-file) marker.

I'll dig around some more later today – but this endpoint has gone rogue – and is not accepting requests. The rest of the endpoints are working as expected.
appreciate your troubleshooting skills! Do you mind to send your CV to Porsche SW division, I happy to join (am software eng. turned manager but still very hands on) couple of other forum members seems to be also form the high-tech/IT/SW . Perhaps we will pull Porsche apps from the virtual grave... :) . Jokes aside its very annoying face such issues with the car 140-200K price tag.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
This morning both Connect and MyPorsche app worked again. After having been off since the 8th of July. Will see how long time it will stay that way this time. All road trips during that period have not reported in either to the servers.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
This morning both Connect and MyPorsche app worked again. After having been off since the 8th of July. Will see how long time it will stay that way this time. All road trips during that period have not reported in either to the servers.
Maybe the data needs to be replicated (or migrated) all over the servers?
In new app, I can see only data from today (and overall average results since day 1), while old app has all data by days….

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Maybe the data needs to be replicated (or migrated) all over the servers?
In new app, I can see only data from today (and overall average results since day 1), while old app has all data by days….
Yes the old app had a graphic presentation of day by day trips which was quite useful. As were the feature that you could reset the total trip to show the difference during long road trips. And compared different trip depending on the season! I really hope they will reintroduce this in the new MyPorsche app.
Sponsored