daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
all the good names were "Tak-en" - so we ended up with Turbo EV's called this terrible terrible model name.

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
all the good names were "Tak-en" - so we ended up with Turbo EV's called this terrible terrible model name.
Clever. I am very disappointed in Porsche with their Taycan "Turbo" and "Turbo S" old school
marketing and sales!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Clever. I am very disappointed in Porsche with their Taycan "Turbo" and "Turbo S" old school
marketing and sales!
After adding turbos to the Carrera it became nomenclature for the model range.
Nothing new but indeed, it sounds strange when you're not familiar with this nomenclature.
Turbo S was always the fastest one and still is so... :)

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I don’t know about the Taycan, but here’s how some of the other models are correctly pronounced.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
That's how hear it pronounced by Germans, which makes it definitive for me. But as a British Northener, I can't bring myself to use the long "ah", so I say "Tie Can". That said, with its Turkish origin, I think it might be pronounced "Tie Chahn".
That doesn't really matter though, when even some Porsche sales advisors say "Porsh". I blame the 1980's.

Hurry up and build me a car Porsche, all this waiting is bad for me- I should not be spending my time reviving old threads on internet forums.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
marketing and sales!
I'm not. Turbo and Turbo S work for the top-tier models. Plenty of non-automotive products that have "turbo" designations to describe their functions/features.

What else would Porsche call the top models? Performance? GT? RS?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is it spoken as in 'Take Ann" or " Tie Can" , what is the consensus in the English speaking world ?
Tie Can - there was a Porsche briefing on this some time ago to 'educate' the masses - ask a Turkish person I guess.

Porsche Taycan How are we pronouncing Taycan ? 1638206537677

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
While I’m well aware it’s tie con, I still say tay can. Tie con sounds pretentious to me, like saying porsh-uh. My salesman told me - if you buy one, you can call it whatever you want!
Couldn't agree more. Whenever some one asks me what it is I tell them that Taycan is German for Toucan. Everyone likes toucans and to me the car looks like it should be named "Toucan." I have also reached out to some pals at Google to check into having "Taycan" translated as "Toucan" on the Google German to English translator. It is after all a made up word, so who is to really say what it means?
Sponsored