I'm done....cant do it anymore

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Yes, it probably could be fixed with one update or one visit ….
Actually Porsche going EV is like Leica going digital. Like when i got my Leica Q. There are so much frustration with the camera that i swear off Leica forever then. Legacy manufacturers are going to suffer transitioning to digital. BMW got a head start. So I think that BMW has the most mature products. Anyway crossing my fingers that my 2024 CT will be like the Leica Q3 with any issues sorted out. Picking up my baby next week.

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Similar feelings for me and sold mine a couple months ago. After my troubles PCNA would not do anything for me and my concern was big $ failures post warranty.
I’ve had two of them, 2020 Turbo and a 2022 Turbo CT, they both failed to deliver in what I had paid for. Software unacceptable, it it was an aircraft re safety reasons it would be shutdown

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It comes down to being a hardware company versus a software company. In the former case, you ship it once with high-quality because you expect revisions to be expensive. In the latter case, you plan for a "launch & iterate" strategy with frequent software pushes where bugs are expected, but they can be quickly addressed.

The Taycan didn't optimize for either case. The fact that OTA updates weren't possible until last year is startling; imagine if you had to take your Macbook to the Apple Store for an OS update!

That said, I hope OP's case finds resolution and that PAG can add this to their knowledge base for service centers.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Actually Porsche going EV is like Leica going digital. Like when i got my Leica Q. There are so much frustration with the camera that i swear off Leica forever then. Legacy manufacturers are going to suffer transitioning to digital. BMW got a head start. So I think that BMW has the most mature products. Anyway crossing my fingers that my 2024 CT will be like the Leica Q3 with any issues sorted out. Picking up my baby next week.
Yes. The Leica M8 (all sorts of issues and quality wasn't great) was rough, I suffered through that, and the M9 (failed sensor, software glitches), two of them, but by the time I got to the M240.. no regrets whatsoever. Fundamental product transitions take time. In five years P will have sorted all this crap out and the apocryphal stories of super crappy software and failing components will be footnotes in the history books.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
It comes down to being a hardware company versus a software company. In the former case, you ship it once with high-quality because you expect revisions to be expensive. In the latter case, you plan for a "launch & iterate" strategy with frequent software pushes where bugs are expected, but they can be quickly addressed.
I had no software issues - it's the drive unit/transmission. It's not limited to early models, I know of 21 and 22 owners complaining of the same problem that plagued(s) mine - 1st gear whine.

GTSCarLife

First Name
GTS Car Life
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 997 GTS, 85.5 944, 16 Cayenne S, 23Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
@Bresdo1962 As others have said, if you enjoy driving the Taycan and want to keep it, get it into your dealer and let them fix it. No car today is going to be perfect, or suffer from zero issues.

Even old cars back in the 60's had carburetor, rust, points and distributor issues. Today's cars, ICE or EV have more electronics than the Space Shuttles. it's a wonder they work as often as they do! But the Taycan is an excellent Porsche. We have over 7,000 miles on my wife's 2023 4S Cross Turismo now, including our 1,302 mile drive home from PECATL, and the car not only drives ridiculously good, it is crazy fun and has been very reliable. Please get your car into your dealer and let them /make them fix it.

I was a General Manager in dealerships, worked my way up from lot attendant, through sales and to the top. Manufacturers do not get involved with customer service, as a rule. You need the dealership to fix it. Dealers are independent franchised businesses. The owner, or Dealer Principle, invested Millions of dollars to buy and build his/her business. The franchise agreement allows them to use the Porsche brand to market for new, used, parts and service. But the store is owned and operated by that Dealer Principle. Yes, different manufacturers do set their own "rules" or expectations. For example, Lexus from the beginning sets extremely high expectations on their dealers, which most of them follow. The manufacturer can penalize a dealer, mostly through limiting their allocation of hot selling and specialty models, but cannot and WILL NOT tell the dealer how to treat customers. Sadly, Porsche as a manufacturer does not have the best history of pushing a customer first priority down to their dealers. My mom was from Germany , so I am half German. I do believe it is a stubborn German thing. So when you buy a car, it is to your benefit to introduce yourself to the staff and regularly make nice conversations with them. If they like you, they will bend over backwards. If on the other hand, you only tried your best to beat them up over every single dollar of profit, and make them feel like you don't respect them - you know, I've seen many folks on forums refer to them as "stealerships" - then hopefully they will do their best for you, because that is the ethical thing to do, but don't expect them to try harder than they "have" to. So -give your dealer a chance.

As for the Macan, I owned a loaded ($74,750 back in March 2024) 2015 Macan S and a 2016 Cayenne S (also loaded at $95,510 back in May 2015). The Macan is really just a jacked-up GTI. It drives fantastic for a small CUV, but has very little rear seat room and trunk room. The Cayenne is a much, much better SUV. The back is extremely spacious and it drives better than other, similar sized SUVs. Ultimately, I missed driving a 911, so I bought my dream car, a 2011 997 GTS and will keep it forever. Having said that, my wife's 2023 4S Cross Turismo is way more exciting and magical to drive than my 997 GTS. If I didnt regularly track my car, I would switch to a Taycan. Or the new Cayman EV. But don't tell anyone.

I hope you are able to get your issue resolved. The Taycan is a fantastic car. You obviously were excited about it, so try to make it work. Not only will you lose a bunch of money, but you will miss out on the incredible driving experience.

Thomas

Last edited:

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had no software issues - it's the drive unit/transmission. It's not limited to early models, I know of 21 and 22 owners complaining of the same problem that plagued(s) mine - 1st gear whine.
Mine is a '22 and it has that whine, but I actually never noticed it because I use normal mode 99% of the time. After reading on here about the whine on 1st, I switched to Sport+ and sure enough it whines, but it doesn't bother me because I'll only use it sparingly. For those who complain about EV's not having the soul of ICE because of the lack of noise, well there it is ;)

Last edited:

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
I love my 22 Taycan GTS and for the first 9 months I had no issues at all....

Now it seems I am always getting the

RED circle warning....
Pull over to a safe place and exist the vehicle

This is literally the7th time I have gotten this message in the past 3 months
and I have to either plug it in or wait for it to reset in about 20 minutes

But when you need to go somewhere and this happens its like F*&%K

So decided this car is just too unreliable and going to trade it in for a Macan
it sounds like you didn't drop off the car for them to work on
I’ve gotten that red circles three times now and it’s going on this morning. I didn't stop since it was a fleeting red circle - either
steering or brakes.

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Ive had my car 2 years (2021 Turbo S), absolutely love the car as a car but hate its software - what a joke! The electronics have been a black eye on Porsche. I even ran a diary of my issues for a month and proved to the dealer that it added 20-30 minutes to my daily driving just dealing with the issues. The July 2022 massive update fixed 90% of them but I stir have issues. Like the cameras work whenever they want, with no rhyme or reason, and the dealer keeps telling me the cameras are ok so they can't do anything..... And for the unhelpful that say, "well I have not had any issues you are wrong", just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It will be a long time before I consider buying an electric car from Porsche. What a fiasco.

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
When I drive the car, I just enjoy the quality of the ride, rarely touch the screen except for the audio.

Slappy_G

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo sedan, Audi S6
Country flag
I love my 22 Taycan GTS and for the first 9 months I had no issues at all....

Now it seems I am always getting the

RED circle warning....
Pull over to a safe place and exist the vehicle

This is literally the7th time I have gotten this message in the past 3 months
and I have to either plug it in or wait for it to reset in about 20 minutes

But when you need to go somewhere and this happens its like F*&%K

So decided this car is just too unreliable and going to trade it in for a Macan
From having recently had a Macan loaner, just be sure to spec something higher than the bottom couple of trims. Those are so underpowered that they are downright dangerous. Had several cases of pushing the gas pedal at an intersection and literally nothing happening for a solid 1-2 seconds. It was scary as hell.

Slappy_G

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo sedan, Audi S6
Country flag
When I drive the car, I just enjoy the quality of the ride, rarely touch the screen except for the audio.
I'm getting a bit tired of the "Porsche is a driver's car" excuses for the absolutely godawful electronics and software in this car. This is a $70,000-250,000 car. There is absolutely zero excuse for not having top-tier capabilities in the software.

For the people who somehow want an EV but don't want it to have modern capabilities, well, you are always free to NOT use them, but for literally everyone else, this is not a good experience. For me as a first-time Porsche buyer, given what I have seen so far, I would absolutely not consider another Porsche (regardless of engine type) if their electronics and software game is this crappy.

It's 2023. The "it's a driver's car, electronics don't matter" philosophy simply does not fly. Doubly so given that most Taycans are being used as daily drivers as opposed to much of Porsche's lineup that are usually treated as garage queens.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I'm getting a bit tired of the "Porsche is a driver's car" excuses for the absolutely godawful electronics and software in this car. This is a $70,000-250,000 car. There is absolutely zero excuse for not having top-tier capabilities in the software.
Yeah…but…did you consider that it’s a driver’s car?

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
How do you all feel about the Leica M11…

Cameras aside… Is it a few very bad circumstances or is the taycan really that unreliable? Im getting more and more worried about the 2024 GTS ST I have arriving soon.
Sponsored