June 2023 Deliveries

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Today I paid the remaining balance after signing all the papers. car will be registered tomorrow and I have got number plate as well. However the car is not at the Dealer. Mistery.
Quite likely this is linked to the 'stop sale' notice I referred to in my post (May 2023 deliveries).
Sponsored

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So now I look at this picture and wonder if it fell of it's mobility scooter, or if there's some part that's not in that photo that Porsche thought they had enough of but didn't actually. Still hoping for a June delivery.
Wildest speculation, but in the German forums people are apparently had been waiting for their new Taycans because they got a new, different heater installed.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Wildest speculation, but in the German forums people are apparently had been waiting for their new Taycans because they got a new, different heater installed.
The heater issue is very much old news, and was seemingly addressed some time ago, so I'm not sure this explains the recent delays.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The heater issue is very much old news, and was seemingly addressed some time ago, so I'm not sure this explains the recent delays.
Yes, apparently for orders in Germany at least, they also say that the issue with delivery of new heaters was resolved by April.

I don't know if there are any ripple effects for the rest of the worlds (but they're all built in Germany anyway, or aren't they?), but it's probably something else, then...

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Oh, my speculation is much wilder.

I found out today from the SA that it hit V270 on May 12. It's currently back to state V260 with a completion date (V300) estimate of June 29. That sounds to me like it might have failed at checkpoint 8, the final inspection, rather spectacularly and they're starting over. It seems to me that if it was something they were going to fix on the existing car it wouldn't be the whole six weeks that you see between config lock and production.

So my speculation is leaning more toward the tiedowns failed when they put it on the dyno to run it in and it went through a wall. Or maybe Richard Hammond took it for its test drive and Jeremy Clarkson dropped an electric piano on it. My theories just get more absurd from there.

We've waited this long, others have waited longer, we can be patient.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So my speculation is leaning more toward the tiedowns failed when they put it on the dyno to run it in and it went through a wall.
Oh yeah, that's the most common cause of final inspection failure, along with taking out the entire Taycan production street that is traditionally behind the paper thin dyno wall.

Alternatively, maybe the factory owner's son was looking for a vehicle with just your spec, and it's not like you were using it already anyway...

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Oh yeah, that's the most common cause of final inspection failure, along with taking out the entire Taycan production street that is traditionally behind the paper thin dyno wall.

Alternatively, maybe the factory owner's son was looking for a vehicle with just your spec, and it's not like you were using it already anyway...
No, it wasn't the owner's son, it was Volodymir Zelensky who happened to stop by the factory while he was visiting Germany earlier this week, saw it and said "You know, if you painted the bottom half yellow it would be an excellent car for the beach party in Sevastopol we're having later this year."

No one will ever know what happened. The status codes and dates suggest it may be hanging around the factory, but it could well be sitting in a field in Emden waiting for some component like the on-board charger to be replaced. I'm just keeping myself entertained with silly theories and hoping the new delay is shorter than suggested.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
My CT4S arrived in Halifax this week. Was hoping to get it in May but it now looks like will be in June. Called my SA and he confirmed he's seeing first week of June on his end as well.

Feels like a long time to get from Halifax to Toronto.

Porsche Taycan June 2023 Deliveries 1684521513507

shayman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 4S Cross Tourismo (Est. June)
Country flag
I just heard from my SA that my CT4S has been held up in Halifax due to a "quality action" and is scheduled to be there until June 4th. I've asked what the "quality action" is - we will see what they say.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
I just heard from my SA that my CT4S has been held up in Halifax due to a "quality action" and is scheduled to be there until June 4th. I've asked what the "quality action" is - we will see what they say.
Hmmm I wonder if we're in the same situation here. Please report back what (if any) details you get from your SA.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Today I paid the remaining balance after signing all the papers. car will be registered tomorrow and I have got number plate as well. However the car is not at the Dealer. Mistery.
I paid my car in full before collecting it (2 days before collection) because I didn't want to deal with certified checks or similar on collection day (I just transfered the money to the dealership account) BUT I had a video of the car arriving at the dealer and a second video of it in the main showroom with my license plate which matched the license plate declaration that I had received to make the insurance.

Advantage was that there was no money talk on collection day and everything was registered to my name. Just had to sign one paper.

I would be very wary of paying anything without some sort of photographic evidence the car is in my reach

Tiptoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 Porsche 911, 1974 Citroen 2cv, 2018 Volvo S90
Country flag
My Manufacturing timeline was just updated from being complete on 5/16 to 5/24 now. Subsequently, delivery has shifted from 6/19 to 6/27.

It just goes to show, that the dates are fluid, and Porsche does update them from time to time.

I suppose I better move this post to the July 2023 Deliveries forum. lol.

Just for reference, we ordered the car on 1/8/2023.

Porsche Taycan June 2023 Deliveries 2023_05_22 Update

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
My Manufacturing timeline was just updated from being complete on 5/16 to 5/24 now. Subsequently, delivery has shifted from 6/19 to 6/27.

It just goes to show, that the dates are fluid, and Porsche does update them from time to time.

2023_05_22 Update.png
Consider yourself lucky - I dropped a deposit in July 2022 :(

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag

2023_05_22 Update.png
Could be worse.
Porsche Taycan June 2023 Deliveries 1684765538328
Sponsored