October 2023 Deliveries

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
@malyala … same here maybe I will get it before ed of year. Bad part for me, my interest rate lock will expire in about 20 days. It’s very frustrating that some of us are still awaiting a 2023 and some people have received a 2024 model. That just really baffles me.

Thinking maybe I should give up on the 2023 and try for a 2025.
Sponsored

Last edited:

summerlion

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
I agree with you on washing your hands of it at this point. My rationale is if anything goes wrong once you get the car, you will be extra bitter about not taking the “out” when you had it.
I agreed to wait until the next prediction on TYD in exchange for a six thousand dollar discount. I have no particular reason to think that prediction is realistic though, so I'm already looking around for plan B.

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
The ship my car is on docked at Emden for three days to load, went to Belgium and now is back at Emden docked. Oct is well out the window at this point.

summerlion

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
Just got an email from PEC-Atlanta to schedule delivery. Not sure if that means they really expect to have the car by then or if they're just guessing.

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
Received a call from my SA this morning stating that the car has been released for delivery to the dealership.

summerlion

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
Just got an email from PEC-Atlanta to schedule delivery. Not sure if that means they really expect to have the car by then or if they're just guessing.
The contact at PEC Atlanta says they're bringing it there to do the battery recall check, as they have the necessary parts and equipment. So that's encouraging.

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
For CA/west coast US Deliveries, does anyone know if it’s common or expected for the ship to leave Germany (Emden) then goto Belgium and back to the Emden port? Thanks

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
The manager at my dealership was able to talk to the people at the port, and they confirmed they're still waiting on the battery check. They gave no timeline for completion or eventual release (TYD shows a new date of 10/27, but I'm sure that's meaningless).

The dealership is willing to give me my deposit back, or give me a small (4k) discount on the car. On one hand, I've waited this long; perhaps waiting a bit longer doesn't matter in the grand scheme. On the other, this is a lot of money for an apparently highly error-prone car. I'm leaning towards just getting my money back and washing my hands of the whole thing.
Probably moot by now, having seen your later posts, but the unplanned delivery delays tend to amount to a rounding error on the total ownership time. Regarding the error-prone aspect - despite the few brave owners who post here about their problem-free ownership, the complainers do outweigh (in posting) the vast majority of owners who have nothing to report; that is, it's misleading to form an opinion about the car's daily performance based solely on reading forums.

Hope you get to enjoy the car, it's a supremely capable and very reliable daily driverpartner.

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
For those of you who are taking delivery this Oct - early Nov, will you be paying MSRP or negotiating down? With the decline of EV sales I honestly have no idea what to expect. -4% off MSRP? 0%?

Are you leasing or buying? I was going to lease and use cash down (from my previously totaled non-Porsche car) but know that dumping cash into a lease is not the best decision.

would love to know all your thoughts on this.

summerlion

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
Probably moot by now, having seen your later posts, but the unplanned delivery delays tend to amount to a rounding error on the total ownership time.
I'll be more than six months past the original delivery date, so much more than a rounding error.

Regarding the error-prone aspect the complainers do outweigh (in posting) the vast majority of owners who have nothing to report; that is, it's misleading to form an opinion about the car's daily performance based solely on reading forums.
If it were just forums, sure. But I am also including my own experience where a car built in April is still somehow not drivable. To say nothing about the number of stop sales, recalls, etc.

For those of you who are taking delivery this Oct - early Nov, will you be paying MSRP or negotiating down? With the decline of EV sales I honestly have no idea what to expect. -4% off MSRP? 0%?

Are you leasing or buying?
I had originally agreed to pay sticker + 6k in PPF/ceramic protection back in September of last year. With all the delays they agreed to knock 4k off of sticker and cover the paint protection. I'll be purchasing outright.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I'll be more than six months past the original delivery date, so much more than a rounding error.
You may be surprised to discover that 2022 was not a great year (and neither were the preceding years); most of us went through months long delays in obtaining an allocation, having it built, shipped and delivered - months at every stage. Definitely not the "rounding error" (I graduated from the J Clarkson School of Hyperbolic Writing, and was an eager student) but, like most, I wasn't waiting out in the rain for the car to arrive. The wait was annoying, but instantly forgotten.

If it were just forums, sure. But I am also including my own experience where a car built in April is still somehow not drivable. To say nothing about the number of stop sales, recalls, etc.
"Recall" is a very scary word/concept; so are "stop sales", "held at port" etc. It can designate an action taken out of an abundance of caution just as well as in response to a serious defect. Turns out it's usually the former - you have to read the fine print: what percentage of vehicles are in scope, how likely is the worst case scenario etc. Again, I'd warmly recommend allowing the car/driving it daily to form your opinion of it; going into ownership with a predetermined view of its quality makes one much more predisposed to finding further flaws (or exaggerating their impact).

(I'm not trying to negate your own experience, thoughts and feelings on the matter, just to offer an optimistic, supportive perspective. ymmv)

summerlion

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
Yeah, I was prepared to wait to get an allocation and to wait more for the car to be built (and I did). I did not expect the car to be built but not be allowed to buy it for six months (and counting).

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag

gkellogg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Porsche CS Cab, 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
After almost exactly four months waiting in port, I picked up my Taycan GTS yesterday. I had previously driven a base, and a 4S back in 2020. The GTS is seriously quick, and the "Sport Sound" gets pretty angry when the accelerator is floored. I find the ride quality and overall comfort quite exceptional.

In contrast, I also have a 2007 Carrera S Cabriolet, which I love. I need to really brace when going over some bumps around here. The sound of the S is naturally amazing; that's one of the biggest things to overcome with electric sports cars, IMO.

I originally ordered the Taycan last January for an April delivery. Due to normal logistics, that was delayed until June. It then needed a "software update", which apparently took them four months to get to. Poor communication, and regular updates to TYD that promised the car in a couple of more weeks (with constant disappointment) didn't help. My theory is that the service personnel in port (Benicia) are seriously over-committed and anything that needs more work gets bumped to the back of the queue, and it's no accident that it was released after four months, as eventually anyone will give up waiting and find something else. Thanks to the great SAs at Porsche Marin (Michael and Paul) for helping me through this, and setting me up with a loaner when the time was getting seriously ridiculous.

Production Timeline:
  1. 3 Jan 2023 – Your purchase order has been confirmed
  2. 2 Feb 2023 – You have reached the Change Freeze Point
  3. 6 Mar 2023 – The manufacturing process of your Porsche is starting soon
  4. 21 Mar 2023 – The manufacturing process of your Porsche has now started
  5. 28 Mar 2023 – The manufacturing process is complete
  6. 29 Mar 2023 – Your Porsche is on its way to the German port
  7. 31 Mar 2023 – Your vehicle has arrived at the German port
  8. 5 May 2023 – Your vehicle has left the German port
  9. 13 Jun 2023 – Your Porsche has arrived at the local entry port
  10. 12 Oct 2023 – Your Porsche is en route to your Porsche dealer
  11. 12 Oct 2023 – Your Porsche has arrived at your Porsche dealer