ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Yes, it’s more responsive than before…but i’m dissapointed since my range droped for more than 10%, while most of other members reported higher range than before.
By now, only @W1NGE and I are having lower range then before uPdate.
Well I too initially reported a ca. 10 mile drop in range but wasn't nec sure it was due to the uPdate per se - and after charging overnight again today I am back up to my max predicted summer range (ca 288 miles in Range Mode with no AC) - so I guess my drop a false alarm but also I do not see any increase as yet. Suspect again I'll need to wait a while to see if that ever transpires but not too fussed at this stage.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’m not fussed …just dissapointed since they announced range improvement.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Noticed it louder in the cabin or the exterior? I did not notice that.
Both.
That means the outside speaker is louder and you can hear that from inside the vehicle.
Just what I wanted, lucky me!
You can hear it humming a bit louder when standing still and when driving it's more noticable too. 🥳

Last edited:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I have also a (somewhat) lower range than before uPdate
Yes, an my own recovery trajectory seems to be stalling at a new level which is 5-10% worse than my old range/consumption. So be it, I guess. The price of progress...

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, an my own recovery trajectory seems to be stalling at a new level which is 5-10% worse than my old range/consumption. So be it, I guess. The price of progress...
Or possibly falling temperatures?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Or possibly falling temperatures?
I don’t think so.
Today was 20C and my predicted range was still less than 370km….before uPdate I had 420km.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
CT4 went for the "update" and the holder thingy and cable stuff...all went smoothly, even changing 3 of the 4 tires because ponctions, (so grateful to have taken the "silver package"...).

What have change.....well nothing beside the ugly colored icons (I liked the classy all black and white ) on my 22 CT4.
Porsche is getting too close with Apple - claiming extraordinary innovation bringing color icons!.

I admit PCM is more responsive (for now), I was lucky it seems because beside the Alarm issue I did not experience much bugs after having done a Terminal 20 reset.

Range is the same 85% -> 240miles in normal mode, 100% 280/290 miles in normal mode as well.
I get a bit more in range, bit less in sports

rizwan

First Name
Rizwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't think it's degradation but post uPdate the battery possibly goes through a re-learning / re-calibration exercise on MY20 / MY21 cars (my guess) as if new and takes a while. Same guess for my brakes currently using the pads all the time and not the motors.
I had the same issue. Takes about two to three charges to get back to prior range plus the extra range from the update. But regardless you will still get the full range plus more from each charge until then.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had the same issue. Takes about two to three charges to get back to prior range plus the extra range from the update. But regardless you will still get the full range plus more from each charge until then.
I wish - still a shortfall and charged a few times now.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61