WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In range and normal mode and cruise controle the rear wheels are driven and front wheels decoupled / get no power. At least that what it shows on my centre screen animation.
When you say cruise control I take it you meant actually turned on the cruise control. What if you just keep the same speed but not use the cruise control, does it still decouple?
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
For what it’s worth, I’ve never had any issues with CarPlay with my pre-coloured icons MY22. It usually connects within a few seconds and performs as expected.

Regarding the update, I wonder what the part about WLAN tethering actually implies. Doesn’t that already exist in the previous version?
I have purchased a 7 GB / month data plan by FOD for the holidays for the kids. It’s cheaper then buying it from my mobile provider. And we are traveling through Switzerland which is not included in most data plans and very expensive. If you have a good unlimited data plan like in the Netherlands it doesn’t make sense. Would be better to just connect the iPads / phones to your own iPhone.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
When you say cruise control I take it you meant actually turned on the cruise control. What if you just keep the same speed but not use the cruise control, does it still decouple?
Yes sorry I ment a constant speed not necessarily CC. It doesn’t need much acceleration to engage the front wheels. And I haven’t tried sport / plus mode.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
Such a fantastic news! have been looking forward to it since begining of this year! Thanks so much for sharing!

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well I might be overly optimistic but I scheduled a 7/14 appointment to get it applied.

We'll see!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
uh...turn on your bluetooth and enable it in your phone? Its been around for over a year for the entire fleet!
For me, wireless CarPlay will disconnect frequently. CarPlay over a wired connection works much better on my vehicle. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Well I might be overly optimistic but I scheduled a 7/14 appointment to get it applied.

We'll see!
When you made the appointment, what did you specify you want done? ANA6? I’m still confused if Porsche is releasing whatever this is in order to address the recall.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
uh...turn on your bluetooth and enable it in your phone? Its been around for over a year for the entire fleet!
Yes thanks, done that now it sort of works. Saying that, I think the display is better just using the iPhone as a player, rather than car play!
Sponsored