May 2023 Deliveries

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
After seeing your pics, I'm so glad I chose Volcano Grey. I had a few moments of doubt a while ago but it's such a great color that matches my style.
it looks great - all these people thinking about going for Gentian blue should have a re-think!
Sponsored

BoilerG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Here is my timeline for reference. Sorry to hear about the issues some of you are having and I too was in the dark (as was my dealer).

Many of these dates slipped throughout and overall delivery landed in line with the initial estimate. Production started much later, but was completed on time.

12/25/22: Order Confirmed
2/19/23: Change Freeze Point (was 17 days later than initially reported)
3/3/23: Manufacturing starting soon
3/17/23: Manufacturing started
3/23/23: Manufacturing complete
3/24/23: On way to German port
3/28/23: Arrived at German port
4/10/23: Departed German Port
5/2/23: Arrived at local entry port (Houston)
5/8/23: en Route to dealer
5/9/23: Arrived at dealer

Took delivery late on 5/11/23. They had to complete PDI, detailing, and of course get paperwork ready. Hopefully these give you all a reference for a recent delivery. I had the notification in TYD that my vehicle may be held at US port due to heater shortage, but there didn’t appear to be any delay. Let me know if you have any questions from what I saw and hopefully those of you waiting get your rides soon!

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
It really does suck that some have had vehicles delayed, a friend lived through that in ‘21 with the engine recall on Spyders. Mine was delayed a month but cleared, his had to wait 6 months for a new motor.

It looks like I didn’t draw the short straw this time.:rock:

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 70561833514__91395B58-4233-48A0-8937-0F68963B67FE

Go2mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model X, Waiting on Taycan 4s chalk
Country flag
Took Delivery two days ago 5/10 Taycan 4S Chalk... Placed order December 26 2023.
Car was driven immediately to PPF, tint etc. so I will post pictures when I get it back next week.

Here is my experience and things I wish I knew before delivery:
For context, I never bought a car at a dealer before. I have only bought 3 cars in my life.
Tesla Model S in 2016
Tesla Model X in 2017
and now Porsche Taycan 4s 2023.

My experience getting the Porsche was significantly underwhelming compared to my other two cars. Note that 2016 and 2017 was at the height of awesomeness for Tesla (service and delivery) prior to all model 3s and Ys. So taking delivery back then was different than what happens today.

For my Tycan delivery:

1) They put my car in a tiny showroom. Looked like a garage, had to open the garage door to do the unveil I had 3 feet max on each sides and 1 feet to a wall behind the car.
Believe me, when you get a car like this you want to walk around it. Take pictures and take it all in.
For those who haven't taken delivery, please Call ahead and demand they put your car in a large main showroom, non of this garage BS, some of you may be like me, when I get a car delivered I have family come and see... you want room.

2) 1 min after unveiling my SA tells me so and so is ready for you. So I have to interrupt my moment and go to the back room write a massive check. And the sales guy I have never seen in my life pulls out a sheet and starts to try and sell me service stuff. I am not good on the spot with sales pressure, I do a ton of research. I end up forking out an additional $4k on top of the $168k. Maybe I made the right decision with the $4k of service stuff I paid for, but my point is, I was not mentally prepared.
Tesla delivery back in the day, finance was done. you had maybe one paper to sign regarding registration or something very simple, there is no selling you crap. Delivery day was about you and your new baby.
So, of course I had to pay for the car, but I wonder if there is a better way to do this. Maybe come some time before and tell your SA you want to do finance before and then go enjoy your car unveil. Either right after or later that day, or something. My point is for those who are not mentally prepared, get ready for a pressure sale interruption in the middle of your delivery.

for the good stuff.
3) The Car is incredible, and just as everyone says way better in person.

4) My SA is absolutely awesome. Yes. So far the treatment from Porsche besides the above two points that could be controlled, if you know ahead of time, has been great. Way surpassing Tesla, which good luck talking to a human once you get your cars.

My SA called the next day to check on the car. I revealed the brakes feel long. I have the white PSCB. He tells me to text him when I pick up my car form the PPF shop. He will clear his schedule that afternoon so he can go ride with me and see what is going on.

So, at the end I suggest. (1) make sure you tell them you want room to walk around the car. (2) Consider getting finance stuff out of the way ahead of time. be prepared for salesmanship stuff.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Took Delivery two days ago 5/10 Taycan 4S Chalk... Placed order December 26 2023.
Car was driven immediately to PPF, tint etc. so I will post pictures when I get it back next week.

Here is my experience and things I wish I knew before delivery:
For context, I never bought a car at a dealer before. I have only bought 3 cars in my life.
Tesla Model S in 2016
Tesla Model X in 2017
and now Porsche Taycan 4s 2023.

My experience getting the Porsche was significantly underwhelming compared to my other two cars. Note that 2016 and 2017 was at the height of awesomeness for Tesla (service and delivery) prior to all model 3s and Ys. So taking delivery back then was different than what happens today.

For my Tycan delivery:

1) They put my car in a tiny showroom. Looked like a garage, had to open the garage door to do the unveil I had 3 feet max on each sides and 1 feet to a wall behind the car.
Believe me, when you get a car like this you want to walk around it. Take pictures and take it all in.
For those who haven't taken delivery, please Call ahead and demand they put your car in a large main showroom, non of this garage BS, some of you may be like me, when I get a car delivered I have family come and see... you want room.

2) 1 min after unveiling my SA tells me so and so is ready for you. So I have to interrupt my moment and go to the back room write a massive check. And the sales guy I have never seen in my life pulls out a sheet and starts to try and sell me service stuff. I am not good on the spot with sales pressure, I do a ton of research. I end up forking out an additional $4k on top of the $168k. Maybe I made the right decision with the $4k of service stuff I paid for, but my point is, I was not mentally prepared.
Tesla delivery back in the day, finance was done. you had maybe one paper to sign regarding registration or something very simple, there is no selling you crap. Delivery day was about you and your new baby.
So, of course I had to pay for the car, but I wonder if there is a better way to do this. Maybe come some time before and tell your SA you want to do finance before and then go enjoy your car unveil. Either right after or later that day, or something. My point is for those who are not mentally prepared, get ready for a pressure sale interruption in the middle of your delivery.

for the good stuff.
3) The Car is incredible, and just as everyone says way better in person.

4) My SA is absolutely awesome. Yes. So far the treatment from Porsche besides the above two points that could be controlled, if you know ahead of time, has been great. Way surpassing Tesla, which good luck talking to a human once you get your cars.

My SA called the next day to check on the car. I revealed the brakes feel long. I have the white PSCB. He tells me to text him when I pick up my car form the PPF shop. He will clear his schedule that afternoon so he can go ride with me and see what is going on.

So, at the end I suggest. (1) make sure you tell them you want room to walk around the car. (2) Consider getting finance stuff out of the way ahead of time. be prepared for salesmanship stuff.
Each person is different.

My SA has been stellar. He sent me a video of when the car was unloaded from the truck, still with all those protection sheets and foam and a couple of days later another video of the car all polished up, waiting in the main showroom for me.

I've already transfered the remaining money to the dealership so I won't have to deal with any payments when I pick it up BUT I sincerely hope, like REALLY hope, they won't do that unveil crap or put some stupid bow on top of it. PLEASE PLEASE NO.

It's totally not my style and I will be utterly embarrassed if they pull something off like that. Just show me what I need to know (as if 90h PCM practice on the simulator wasn't enough) and let me go my way 🤣

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I end up forking out an additional $4k on top of the $168k. Maybe I made the right decision with the $4k of service stuff I paid for, but my point is, I was not mentally prepared.
Congrats on the new car. You've owned 2 teslas, i feel like you should've known that EVs dont need regular maintenance. Ask for that maintenance plan to be refunded.

Go2mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats on the new car. You've owned 2 teslas, i feel like you should've known that EVs dont need regular maintenance. Ask for that maintenance plan to be refunded.
You are correct. I do know what service an EV needs.
I paid for the tire and wheel service, which means for the first 4 years, they repair my tires when they go flat or they replace them if not reparable. They also replace my wheels if they get damaged, I have the Mission-E wheels. I also prepaid for the first full service due in 2 years but that was a small amount.

When I talked to other Porsche owners it seems I may have made the right call on this. But again that decision was made in 30 secs.

Go2mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Each person is different.

My SA has been stellar. He sent me a video of when the car was unloaded from the truck, still with all those protection sheets and foam and a couple of days later another video of the car all polished up, waiting in the main showroom for me.

I've already transfered the remaining money to the dealership so I won't have to deal with any payments when I pick it up BUT I sincerely hope, like REALLY hope, they won't do that unveil crap or put some stupid bow on top of it. PLEASE PLEASE NO.

It's totally not my style and I will be utterly embarrassed if they pull something off like that. Just show me what I need to know (as if 90h PCM practice on the simulator wasn't enough) and let me go my way 🤣
We are similar in that I would have loved to have wired my funds ahead of time, so as not to deal with the finance stuff the day of.

We are different in that, I told my SA not to send me pictures of the car, I wanted to see it for the first time all done and detailed during the unveil. Not sure why I would want to see my car for the first time all dirty with foam and plastic stuff around it, when I will see it all detailed a day or so later.

So I would call them and tell them you don't like that unveil stuff. I think usually that is the standard way they do it, they have your car covered with the Porsche sheet white or black. I am sure if you ask them not to do that they wont.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
We are similar in that I would have loved to have wired my funds ahead of time, so as not to deal with the finance stuff the day of.

We are different in that, I told my SA not to send me pictures of the car, I wanted to see it for the first time all done and detailed during the unveil. Not sure why I would want to see my car for the first time all dirty with foam and plastic stuff around it, when I will see it all detailed a day or so later.

So I would call them and tell them you don't like that unveil stuff. I think usually that is the standard way they do it, they have your car covered with the Porsche sheet white or black. I am sure if you ask them not to do that they wont.
Is that the habit worldwide? I thought it was rather an US thing.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
You are correct. I do know what service an EV needs.
I paid for the tire and wheel service, which means for the first 4 years, they repair my tires when they go flat or they replace them if not reparable. They also replace my wheels if they get damaged, I have the Mission-E wheels. I also prepaid for the first full service due in 2 years but that was a small amount.

When I talked to other Porsche owners it seems I may have made the right call on this. But again that decision was made in 30 secs.
I wonder if you could share what you paid for the Mission-E coverage and through what company, as I am asking my dealer to quote me the wheel/tire and windshield, although I plan to spend $850 for ExoShield film for it.
I paid $1,500 for 21-inch Cayenne Turbo wheels coverage (70k miles limit) at the time of purchase as they use some company out of Atlanta for that, and I used the claim once where they replaced the tire after nail damage with $50 deductible, but I still had to pay for alignment, mount, balance, etc.

Go2mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder if you could share what you paid for the Mission-E coverage and through what company, as I am asking my dealer to quote me the wheel/tire and windshield, although I plan to spend $850 for ExoShield film for it.
I paid $1,500 for 21-inch Cayenne Turbo wheels coverage (70k miles limit) at the time of purchase as they use some company out of Atlanta for that, and I used the claim once where they replaced the tire after nail damage with $50 deductible, but I still had to pay for alignment, mount, balance, etc.
$3200 Wheel and Tire Coverage - 4 years
$700 Prepaid first Full Service - in 2 years. This is $200 cheaper than current price and locked as who knows what they would charge 2 years from now.

Those were the two things that seemed reasonable to me.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
🤪
Order 1st week of August 2022

End of production 3rd week of February 2023

Stop delivery for the heater gate so far

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 96C80C0F-75A1-4332-B19C-3ACB877DFC9A

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries AEBE4B47-22E5-4E41-9413-78FC101E0D51

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 80EA5506-9EB4-496D-950D-8B084EB3E41E

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 556E8036-7B5C-4417-B3A2-463A43B53A59

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 61BD2AEA-CE5F-4725-81EC-3C96C211F1B6

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
$3200 Wheel and Tire Coverage - 4 years
$700 Prepaid first Full Service - in 2 years. This is $200 cheaper than current price and locked as who knows what they would charge 2 years from now.

Those were the two things that seemed reasonable to me.
But what is the insurance company that provides the coverage?

I pulled the papers, and they are branded as Porsche Financial Services (Porsche Protection Plans) through SAFE-GUARD Products International, LLC as administrator. I purchased individual protection of Premier Tire & Wheel with 84 months of coverage with some limitations but not unreasonable as I a read it.

Last edited: