Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Yup. terminal 30 fixed it.

For sake of others….

Switch off ignition
Pull left hand dash fuse 8.
I switched ignition on and the off. Instrument cluster will be blank.
Lock car.
Wait 20 mins.
Unlock car.
Ignition on.

Replace fuse

Log back in.

Switch off privacy mode.

👍
I just tried this and sadly it didn't work for me.
When I replaced the fuse (with ignition on as per the steps) there was a brief spark, followed by the instrument cluster lighting up and complaining of a lighting fault. I couldn't find any lights that weren't working, however I was still signed into my My Porsche account and privacy mode was still off.

The app still wasn't updating, so I then tried deleting my account, but when I try to add it back, it says "Login is not possible at present":

Porsche Taycan My Porsche App - Not updated in 4 days… 1658813430610

My credentials work fine on my.porsche.com, and the car's integrated SIM / data connection status is ok, so I'm not sure what's going wrong here.

Hope I can get it sorted out soon, as the car now bugs me about being in guest mode every time I start it up.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When I replaced the fuse (with ignition on as per the steps) there was a brief spark, followed by the instrument cluster lighting up and complaining of a lighting fault. I couldn't find any lights that weren't working, however I was still signed into my My Porsche account and privacy mode was still off.

The app still wasn't updating, so I then tried deleting my account, but when I try to add it back, it says "Login is not possible at present":

1658813430610.png

My credentials work fine on my.porsche.com, and the car's integrated SIM / data connection status is ok, so I'm not sure what's going wrong here.

Hope I can get it sorted out soon, as the car now bugs me about being in guest mode every time I start it up.
There has been a general issue affecting PCM connectivity in recent weeks and so hard resets may not work.

The issue will likely clear of its own accord. Mine went offline 7/7 and came back to life last week.

You are about to get a recall for your car which updates many PCM related things so suggest hanging on til then.

Reactions: B61

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Sensational; both sarcastically (that PCM doesn't work) and that we are getting a huge software update.

I just tried resetting the PCM to factory settings, but that didn't work... and since I'm not able to log into my account, I've now lost Apple Music and Carplay. My kids already complained about this car's functionality compared to our previous Model 3, now I won't hear the end of it...

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
This is a bit random but might be worth a try. Previously – and I'm not sure if its ever been fixed – there was a strange bug where if the password on your Porsche account was too long or too complex, the PCM would not accept it and you'd get that message - even though the password was correct and was acceptable on the web or mobile apps.

My suggestion is that on the My Porsche website – change your password to match the following simple rules:
  • Maximum password length of 9 (in total).
  • 4 alpha characters with one as a capital
  • 4 numeric characters
  • ! character at the end
For example:
  • xQkp9531!
  • pDij3719!
After you've changed it on the web, try and use that on the PCM and see if it works.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Sensational; both sarcastically (that PCM doesn't work) and that we are getting a huge software update.

I just tried resetting the PCM to factory settings, but that didn't work... and since I'm not able to log into my account, I've now lost Apple Music and Carplay. My kids already complained about this car's functionality compared to our previous Model 3, now I won't hear the end of it...
Replace kids, keep Taycan :giggle: :angel::CWL:

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
My suggestion is that on the My Porsche website – change your password to match the following simple rules:
  • Maximum password length of 9 (in total).
  • 4 alpha characters with one as a capital
  • 4 numeric characters
  • ! character at the end
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, and I still get the same error “Login is not possible at present.”

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, and I still get the same error “Login is not possible at present.”
As I wrote into another thread: we can't do anything on our ends.
They have to fix on the server side.

Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T 4S, 997 C4, Willys MB, 628 CSiA, ST4S, 750 Paso
Country flag
I won't be much worried about 4 days.. I just had 21 days without any connection to the vehicle. Porsche told they have to fix the communication module and it needs service visit. In my case it is 2 x 260 km and 1 or 2 days needed.
However.. suddenly yesterday there was a connection from app to car but MyPorsche still insists the car is in privacy mode (is not) and not possible to connect.
Next service visit planned 14.9.22 which hopefully clears the issue..
At the moment app connection is as before - occasional.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Looks that it behaves different from location/region to region, but I haven't had any connection after Sunday, July 24.
Weeks ago, it worked... with lots of disconnections, but it worked.
At the end of the day, all data have been accurate while several forum members reported that they were off for weeks...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Of course we were - it's the primary website for My Porsche - it's up and running again.

OP
OP

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
might be subtle…. But I did not pull the fuse nor replace it with the ignition on.
- so no spark.

And I did wait 20 mins. Might be important.

1658813430610.png

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
As I wrote into another thread: we can't do anything on our ends.
They have to fix on the server side.
Just booked my car in for the PCM update, which should hopefully fix the issue at the same time. First availability? September 8. SIX WEEKS.

Meanwhile... is there any way to get music streaming working in Guest mode?

edit: enabled in-car wifi which let me connect Apple CarPlay again.

Last edited:

Bill C

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport, Taycan Turbo, 911 Turbo cab
Country flag
Anyone else in the same situation….
- charge data etc just old.

I’ve deleted the app. Reinstalled etc. no joy.

You guys?
I had same issue the day before leaving on my 1st ev European road trip, so called Porsche on the number from my card and miraculously within minutes it was working again And is still working.
Sponsored