tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My wife smashed her beloved Fiat 500 EV into the rear of another car in stationary traffic yesterday. Thankfully everyone was okay. Painful time of year to have an accident and 10 days away from our insurance renewal too!

Porsche Taycan My Taycan no longer a virgin IMG_2931

bigkraig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S, GT3
Country flag
Get the pdr person your local dealership uses and have them fix it. I have the guy who does BH if you need it, has done my gt3 a few times. Canā€™t tell it was hit

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Taycan needs sentry mode. I have front and back dashcam, no sides but it does have a g-sensor and captures audio, so in a situation like this might identify the culprits. As they pull in or pull out (or walk in/out).
Not sure it'd much matter. Worst ding I ever got was when I was actually at the Tesla service center the day before selling my Model 3. Some dingbat in a Model X nailed my door with his door as he was getting out of his car. Got the whole thing on my sentry cameras, but Tesla service center wouldn't ID him, so there was little I could do and besides I was selling the POS anyway. I took it as the universe telling me to walk away, so I did.

Bobrae99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Taycan needs sentry mode. I have front and back dashcam, no sides but it does have a g-sensor and captures audio, so in a situation like this might identify the culprits. As they pull in or pull out (or walk in/out).
Sentry mode? Who cares who did it? The idea is to avoid body dents not chase the person who inflicted them. Just park farther away from other cars, or take your wife's car to the mall - she could probably care less about door dings. :)

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Oh man, I feel your pain. Iā€™m also the guy who s looking for the best possible parking space. Unfortunately last week I noticed a door hit on my driver side. The thing is so deep that it made a small bump in the body of the car also with chipping the paint. I felt it was personal because the door must have been slammed into my car with such forceā€¦

It took me a few days to get over it but it still hurts.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Oh man, I feel your pain. Iā€™m also the guy who s looking for the best possible parking space. Unfortunately last week I noticed a door hit on my driver side. The thing is so deep that it made a small bump in the body of the car also with chipping the paint. I felt it was personal because the door must have been slammed into my car with such forceā€¦

It took me a few days to get over it but it still hurts.
[/QU
šŸ˜± seems that there are some people out there who do this either on purpose or just don't care. Makes my blood boil. Some people just don't realise that the car is the culmination of a lot of hard work. Just not on.

Hopefully you can get it fixed and it is not noticeable.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Sentry mode? Who cares who did it? The idea is to avoid body dents not chase the person who inflicted them. Just park farther away from other cars, or take your wife's car to the mall - she could probably care less about door dings. :)
Maybe if people were taught to own up when they damage someone else's property they'd be less inclined to be careless arseholes/assholes in the first place.

It's depressing to see that people like that exist globally. A pox on them all.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Maybe if people were taught to own up when they damage someone else's property they'd be less inclined to be careless arseholes/assholes in the first place.
Bingo. If they get caught, maybe that will make them think twice before they do it to someone else. Maybe make those cases public. If others see vandals getting caught, maybe it will deter them too, should anyone put a stupid idea in their heads.
Sponsored