kreshi

First Name
Kreshi
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo stopped working with no notice or warning. Almost was rear ended.
NHTSA has been contacted. Numerous issues with this Taycan Turbo that I have. I have all photos as well. Happy to post to help others.
"Almost was rear ended."
Don't blame the Taycan for other peoples bad driving. ✌

Advertisement

Reactions: Dee

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, BMW 640i, F150
Country flag
Interesting...I purchased my Taycan Turbo ( having put the deposit down back in 2018 ) assuming the Porsche brand would stand for reliability and dependable. I took possession July 7, 2020. By August 2nd the first error to come on was : Electrical system error. Stop vehicle in a safe place. Four battery lights were on with an exclamation point. Porsche went out on a flatbed to the shop.
Read an article which showed a Taycan caught fire in a Florida Garage....August 5th, No navigation data was available.......WBA limited light on in the middle of driving....August 6th: Automatic light control error...VEHICLE LIGHT ERROR : SERVICE REQUIRED LIGHT ON....August 19th : Electrical System error ..Stop vehicle in a safe place light on ......The red batteries with exclamation point.....August 20 : Car would not allow me to put it in drive or reverse........August 21 : the dc to dc convertor ordered from Germany.....Sept. 19th....Charger all red. would not charge the car. Red plug light on as well......Was told to reset car to factory settings by Porsche. while they were on the line so they could talk me through it.. Message : Resetting to factory settings failed. Please try again after restarting the vehicle......WAS ON THE PHONE WITH PORSCHE North America for 2.6 HOURS>>>>. Not a typo...OVER TWO AND A HALF HOURS>>>WITH NOTHING HELPING WITH MY CAR>>>>>April 5th....after big update......high voltage a/c compressor is not turning on and showing a fault.......April 13, car will not communicate properly to charge......May 15th Engine Control error light....Car inoperable....May 25th.....Red light on....Charging is not possible on any charger..........Charging unit had already been taken in for that update.......I have photos of every single issue...... Currently own 4 Porsches.....This Taycan Turbo is UNACCEPTABLE ........Should anyone have questions about my other types...A 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, a Platinum Edition SUV, and a 718 Caymant GT4...Previously owned a 718 Cayman but upgraded to the Cayman GT4, I will be happy to assist or answer questions. I am a loyal Porsche owner......The Taycan is the most nerve-racking. Glad I didn't have the car stop working in the middle of my 4 1/2 - 5 hour a day commute on I-4 yet. If it does it there, I will not stand a chance........Scary.......
lemon the car,,, you have the documentation... no need to stick with it... its clearly a defective build.

Steve

Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Cayenne, 911
Country flag
Trying....They offered me hush money last year....Upped the amount this year....I countered....they said no.....Glad .....Still having issues......Now NHTSA getting involved.......Never posted prior....but let Porsche North America know I would so someone doesn't have to experience similar issues.....DO THEY CALL US CLIENTS --- OR VICTIMS ?????
OMG. This is terrible. You definitely have a bad build. Something seriously wrong. Many of us seem to have software difficulties but some have part defects as well. A common issue seems to be problems with the software update. I had no issues with the car for 4500 miles until the software update.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
May I ask at what center you got the repairs done? In case I have to do those too 😅
Lausanne…. but they were directly instructed via Porsche Switzerland…………

Miwa

Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you wanted lemon your car, if they didn't take your first request, you should be talking to a lemon law lawyer, and not posting on an internet forum until you get your case resolved... (unless your lawyer says you can post details online)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
THe car seems to be working mostly…… Had the door electronics go a little weird on me a couple of times so could not open the driver door to get out……. but after a while it let me out…… :) also some of my settings such as ambient lighting do not stay with the color I select so I think it will have to go in again quite soon…….. a bit tedious……….

atebit

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well to put it in perspective, my Teslas were named Event Horizon I and II, respectively, for their nefariousness. I kept the tradition with the Taycan but hopefully it doesn’t pan out that way in the end...

Day1taycan

First Name
Timmy
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So looks like my repurchase request got denied by Porsche. Not sure what they are thinking considering my car shut off on the high way after owning it for a day. Really not happy

kort

Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
So looks like my repurchase request got denied by Porsche. Not sure what they are thinking considering my car shut off on the high way after owning it for a day. Really not happy
because there is a specific schedule of events that have to occur before they would buy back the car. there are time limits regarding how long the car is down for service , the number of events, the arbitration agreement that you agreed to and state laws all come into play. porsche will not buy back the car based on one incident. I know that a catastrophic failure that you and others experienced is cause for extreme caution and alarm on your part but from a legal perspective you haven't a leg to stand on at this point regarding forcing a buy back.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I understand that. My car has numerous issues all the time. I posted the list and the dates.
Right and it sounds terrible, it truly does. It does sound like you got a lemon (which is not the case for most of the issues here). Others have mentioned that the best solution may be to engage a lawyer, arbitration or not, and take action to return the car.

kreshi

First Name
Kreshi
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
My car shut down while driving which almost caused me to be rear ended. The other driver had to swerve into the grass on the shoulder. My Taycan was stuck on the roadway. Would not allow me to turn the wheel or anything. Couldn't accelerate or use the brakes. They were inoperable.
No gas, no breaks, no steering???
This is new, right?
Nobody has reported the error to be this extensive.

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
The NHTSA number is now 30 (23 for 2020, 7 for 2021). It was 9 when the investigation started. One complaint per day.
I've just canceled my order. I don't like to be afraid of losing power every time I drive Taycan after paying $100+k.

chrisk

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The NHTSA number is now 30 (23 for 2020, 7 for 2021). It was 9 when the investigation started. One complaint per day.
I've just canceled my order. I don't like to be afraid of losing power every time I drive Taycan after paying $100+k.
Minor correction.
- 29 are for loss of automotive power and
- 1 is for the safety systems like WBA and ParkAssist failing intermittently. That's also a reportable complaint since it involves safety systems that are expected to work.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am going to go out on a limb and say you didn’t have an order. I mean sure, you had an order, have been reading the forum, doing research, put the money down. Then saw the reports, canceled and came here to make the one post saying you cancelled.

Yup makes perfect sense. I have been driving mine after paying money for almost 1.5 year with neither a power loss nor the fear of a power loss. I guess I am just fearless.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla(s), 911 GT3, Boxster S, Bolt, Taycan, Cayenn
Country flag
Mazda 6 - LOL

29 reports vs. 10,000 cars in the US - yeah it’s a problem no doubt - but wide spread isn’t confirmed - porsche will fix it.

Advertisement

ZYRUS

Advertisement