@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Thanks for the update @Ipher. Since you were nice enough to check mine a while back, I guess mine would be the same. I am not too worried though since my SA has confirmed to me that the '22s will get the PCM update. But, even if it's not, as long as the PCM works I am ok with that too. I just want to get the car...3 more long weeks.
Agreed :) Now looking at the partnumers, and taking revisions into account. I'm also inclined to believe that...at least...the 2022 models will get the software update sometime soon.

Three weeks...should go by quite fast :)
Sponsored

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello,

my car was built on March 2nd and delivered on March 10th. It does have the coloured icons, Spotify integration and wireless Android auto. I posted some pictures in the GTS Subforum.

User interface: release-37.17-2147-SNAPSHOT-23.11.2021-16:49:13
Softwareversion: MPR3_ER_POG46_P3776
PCM version: 3776
Hardware: H9J1035070BB

Cheers,
Henrik

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Hello,

my car was built on March 2nd and delivered on March 10th. It does have the coloured icons, Spotify integration and wireless Android auto. I posted some pictures in the GTS Subforum.

User interface: release-37.17-2147-SNAPSHOT-23.11.2021-16:49:13
Softwareversion: MPR3_ER_POG46_P3776
PCM version: 3776
Hardware: H9J1035070BB

Cheers,
Henrik
First one with the new PCM version, when did it start production?

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Ahh....Thanks for the update... Then at least for current Euro-models the identifiers seems to be the "BB"-ending in the partnumber of the main unit, the 3776 SW version...and that is...if one already haven't noticed the bright colors in the GUI itself! :D

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
week 7 would be 2/14 no?
This one was built week 9.
Good catch! :D My bad...off course that would mean it probably started production week 8 and was finished in week 9. And off course that would make the week 7 cutoff prediction...entirely correct :)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Will be so interesting to hear how it performs over the next few weeks/months.

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Can anyone speak to the performance improvements the new hardware and PCM version supposedly includes? Is it noticeable?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can anyone speak to the performance improvements the new hardware and PCM version supposedly includes? Is it noticeable?
Not entirely sure with the hardware/ software versions. I had a loaner RWD this week. Car was brand new and registered in March. No coloured icons either.

Dealer confirmed that the update won't feature on anything earlier than MY22.

Apologies for the rubbish picture.

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] 20220411_100608

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
On Monday, my car was at the shop for some updates like you all had and to change the sensor for the interior alarm.
My dealer told me that I would receive now OTA updates and I did just yesterday and had to stop the car for 30 min during the upgrade.

But he told me as well that in July we'll all receive a new update with colored icons...
I expressly asked him to double check as my car is model 21 and we all think that only model 22 would receive this new version.
For him, he's sure that my car will be involved in this upgrade and I'll get the more intuitive color icons (his words) and the connection to Spotify.

I don't trust anybody anymore so I'll wait patiently but if it's true it's good news.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
On Monday, my car was at the shop for some updates like you all had and to change the sensor for the interior alarm.
My dealer told me that I would receive now OTA updates and I did just yesterday and had to stop the car for 30 min during the upgrade.

But he told me as well that in July we'll all receive a new update with colored icons...
I expressly asked him to double check as my car is model 21 and we all think that only model 22 would receive this new version.
For him, he's sure that my car will be involved in this upgrade and I'll get the more intuitive color icons (his words) and the connection to Spotify.

I don't trust anybody anymore so I'll wait patiently but if it's true it's good news.
If '21 and '20 ends up getting these, give that man a beer for being the first to be right.

Not holding my breath.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
He didn't say anything about '20.
He was talking about my car, model 21 started build in June, finished end 21 and delivered Jan 22.

And knowing the man, it will be more champagne than a beer.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

I really don't like the colored icons, it looks like a Fisher-Price tablet now. 🤦🏻‍♂️
It would be nice to have an option, like all things at Porsche.
Sponsored