PCM connection to Porsche Server

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Not sure either that any of this was due to individual behaviours.
My PCM stayed offline for 4-5 days, much like others lamented here. Everything works just fine since a few hours ago.Something must have been fixed by Porsche in the meantime. CDN related or not.

Oddly, when I logged back in at a standstill, the passenger display turned on and stayed on (passenger seat empty) for some 60 miles (until I parked again and locked the car). Here's a picture on the highway.

Does anyone know why/how?

Porsche Taycan PCM connection to Porsche Server IMG_2979
Sponsored

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
My PCM stayed offline for 4-5 days, much like others lamented here. Everything works just fine since a few hours ago.Something must have been fixed by Porsche in the meantime. CDN related or not.

Oddly, when I logged back in at a standstill, the passenger display turned on and stayed on (passenger seat empty) for some 60 miles (until I parked again and locked the car). Here's a picture on the highway.

IMG_2979.jpeg
Definitely a glitch its not suppose to be on...... some other members on the forum this happened to as well but there is definitely no settings for that.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

IMG_2979.jpeg
Don’t know how but it has happened to me once.

Bill C

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport, Taycan Turbo, 911 Turbo cab
Country flag
I have the same issue, data showing in the app is over two days old. Have tried re-installing but no joy. LTE connection is showing in car but porsche server doesn't appear to be connecting to car.

It is rather frustrating that the connect functionality is so lacking when compared to other manufacturers.
So it’s not only me in the UK suffering and getting frustrated with this.

Billocrates

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla S Plaid
Country flag
Just tried connecting to mine. Connects this time. It all seems a bit hit or miss.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

IMG_2979.jpeg
I have had exact the same "behaviour" today. PCM not updating for days and my passenger screen kept working while driving without a passenger. I'll hoped Porsche changed something but when I drove back it only showed taycan again.

Last edited:

ron.lovetri

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Have not been able to connect for weeks. No remote access from app (desktop or phone). Porsche customer support is stumped. Dropped off at the dealer this morning. The Porsche software team is tarnishing the Porsche brand. They should be embarrassed.

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
I had a problem with intermittently being unable to connect. Then it became permanent and the GPS went out as well. No connect, no maps, no Innodrive. Dealer had to replace some part to get it all back

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had a problem with intermittently being unable to connect. Then it became permanent and the GPS went out as well. No connect, no maps, no Innodrive. Dealer had to replace some part to get it all back
LTE module failure and replacement most likely.

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Have not been able to connect for weeks. No remote access from app (desktop or phone). Porsche customer support is stumped. Dropped off at the dealer this morning. The Porsche software team is tarnishing the Porsche brand. They should be embarrassed.
Same here,
No connection since end of October, dealer just ordered a new communication(?) module from Germany.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Same here,
No connection since end of October, dealer just ordered a new communication(?) module from Germany.
LTE module - your cell connection. Seems to be the default if all else fails. Many people on the forum have had this replacement and multiple times. Seems to resolve the issue but I'm a little skeptical as to the diagnosis.

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Add me to the list. I'll get the AMC1 recall done while its at the dealer.

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
One more here. Stopped working around November 9. PCM shows connection to Verizon with strong signal (Devices > ... > Data connection settings > Integrated SIM card status), but data connection does not actually work. Phone app shows vehicle status from November 8. The icon on the right-hand side of the screen is two arrows with a line through them. No response from PCNA.

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
Just tried connecting to mine. Connects this time. It all seems a bit hit or miss.
My PCM screen went blank this afternoon - just the Porsche logo was visible. Odd thing was I could still press the screen to change radio channel (even though I couldn't see which channel it was changing to). Had to resort to Hey Porsche commands.

When I got home, I tried to reboot the PCM using two fingers. This did nothing. Locking the car also did nothing. A call to the Porsche Centre resulted in a 'book it into service' response.

I locked the car again and retried it after 30 minutes. This reset it and all is now good (for the time being...)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
One more here. Stopped working around November 9. PCM shows connection to Verizon with strong signal (Devices > ... > Data connection settings > Integrated SIM card status), but data connection does not actually work. Phone app shows vehicle status from November 8. The icon on the right-hand side of the screen is two arrows with a line through them. No response from PCNA.
Privacy mode disabled?
Sponsored