daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I think this car could legit kill me just from g-forces alone…it's going to be epic - and most likely "unobtainium"

I will have to aquire seat time and do my best to soil myself with what this thing could do…
Technical vision: top marks in power-to-weight ratio, downforce and charging performance

Porsche exemplifies e-performance yet is also a pioneer in sustainable mobility. The concept study meets both objectives in full measure. If the Mission X goes into series production, then it should:

• be the fastest road-legal vehicle around the Nürburgring Nordschleife
  • have a power-to-weight ratio of roughly one hp per 2.2 lbs.
  • achieve downforce values that are well in excess of those delivered by the current 911 GT3 RS
  • offer significantly improved charging performance with its 900-volt system architecture and charge roughly twice as quickly as the current Porsche frontrunner, the Taycan Turbo S
The battery is installed centrally behind the vehicle’s seats. This ‘e-core layout’ centers the mass in the car. As with a conventionally powered mid-engine car, this provides
the basis for excellent agility.
so what? 0-60 time in like negative 1.9 seconds (you'll go back in time before the light turned green?)

central mass of the battery harkens back to Tesla Roadster 1.0 - and yeah I've always wondered about a battery 'brick' behind the seats…

porsche's response to Tesla's plaid…not in our league or even close - AMG ONE did a 6:30.xx lap time - that is a barely legal "production" car - and it has a hybrid F1 style (identical?) powertrain setup…

I'm thinking 6:10.xx or faster…if this ever comes to production.
  • Taycan is a 7:33.xx lap time…
  • Tesla Plaid 7:25.xx lap time…
  • 2023 911 GT3 RS 6:44.xx lap time…
  • 918 Spyder 6:57.xx
6:10.xx or better - or don't bother to publish it…

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Love it. Can’t wait to watch the Luddite petrol heads’ heads explode when it’s released and sells out in a nanosecond.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Wow! A lot of Lamborghini, Koenigsegg and Ferrari influence. Take the badge off, it could be any car but porsche 😮😮😮.
I really like it though.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
They took a major design turn with those 'light elements' (more precisely, a 90* turn).

Not sure what's next - we've been through "4 dots in a square", "4 horizontal lines", "4 angled lines in an x". Might need to go the Peugeot/Adidas way and add another row.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think this car could legit kill me just from g-forces alone…it's going to be epic - and most likely "unobtainium"

I will have to aquire seat time and do my best to soil myself with what this thing could do…

so what? 0-60 time in like negative 1.9 seconds (you'll go back in time before the light turned green?)

central mass of the battery harkens back to Tesla Roadster 1.0 - and yeah I've always wondered about a battery 'brick' behind the seats…

porsche's response to Tesla's plaid…not in our league or even close - AMG ONE did a 6:30.xx lap time - that is a barely legal "production" car - and it has a hybrid F1 style (identical?) powertrain setup…

I'm thinking 6:10.xx or faster…if this ever comes to production.
  • Taycan is a 7:33.xx lap time…
  • Tesla Plaid 7:25.xx lap time…
  • 2023 911 GT3 RS 6:44.xx lap time…
  • 918 Spyder 6:57.xx
6:10.xx or better - or don't bother to publish it…
Less Plaid and more Rimac Nevera.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
"Please, take my money!"
"Has Sir purchased a 918, or a Carrera GT from us in the past - preferably one of each? No? Desolated, we can't accept a deposit at this time.. or at any other time."

The CGT was the usual Porsche self-doubting (back then) - they were tired of just winning Le Mans all the time, had an aborted racer half-assedly aimed at F1 (too slow and too late), and it became a showcase road car of which they never expected to sell more than a few hundred.

The 918 was a more self-assured effort to bring their e-mobility learnings from (again) Le Mans to the street, but it was priced in the stratosphere of the P1 and the LaFerrari, without matching their perf.

This - this is Porsche in full swagger, knowing they have no competition (Rimac is probably contributing to this) and that they could choose the buyers (and be pickier than Ford was with the new GT). They named it in an "ultimate" way (what could possibly follow a "mission X"?) and they'll no doubt ask all the money for it, too. (I'm willing to bet my 2 cents that this is the first hypercar - we'll need a new name/category, say, ultra? - to cross into double-digit-millions territory.)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Like the vast number of "super"cars it will mainly be used for posing in towns.

It needs the performance for the marketing BS and the pub bragging rights, not for 99% of potential owners to use.

They are very profitable though so no surprised Porsche are moving up market now it has sold shares.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Would love to see Porsche showcase some new battery technology and not another battery hypercar that weighs 4800lbs like the Rimac *edit:the updated Rimac specs are 5060lbs! Just seems too easy to make ridiculous amounts of power to compensate for the battery mass. Let’s see an 1800hp BEV at the weight of a 918 (~3800lbs)!

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Would love to see Porsche showcase some new battery technology and not another battery hypercar that weighs 4800lbs like the Rimac. Just seems too easy to make ridiculous amounts of power to compensate for the battery mass. Let’s see an 1800hp BEV at the weight of a 918 (~3800lbs)!
My Porsche wishes are more mundane: a cabin heater that lasts at least 4 years, and, if required, HV battery replacements/repairs completed in less than 3 - 4 months.

Last edited: