daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Actually... from page 15 in the Plus manual...

08C7D925-0714-4CCA-AC76-B14F85BCBC5E.jpeg
I stand corrected - thanks for the data - I figured there was no way to “login” to the mobile charger plus cause it lacks a screen - and it can’t join wifi (how would you teach it the wifi password)

has anyone “accessed” a Mobile Charger +?

I’d love to hear what it can do... screen shots from the webportal?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I stand corrected - thanks for the data - I figured there was no way to “login” to the mobile charger plus cause it lacks a screen - and it can’t join wifi (how would you teach it the wifi password)
It uses PLC.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Mobile Charger Plus 474CB31A-5F37-4412-840D-9F74F49BD980

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
ahhhh - so not a common scenario…

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I didn’t check the $0 25ft cable option because I didn’t order an EVSE. If one comes standard, could I have ordered the $0 25ft cable? Bummer. What’s it come with otherwise? 9 ft?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn’t check the $0 25ft cable option because I didn’t order an EVSE. If one comes standard, could I have ordered the $0 25ft cable? Bummer. What’s it come with otherwise? 9 ft?
I don’t think so. The 25’ cable says Connect only.

The Plus vehicle cable is 4.5m (almost 15’).

Edit: The Connect manual says it can have either an 8’ or 25’ vehicle cable, while the Plus manual just lists the 14.76’ cable. So it does appear that the 25’ cable is only for the Connect.

Last edited:

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMIN3U57

Was my build, i don't see any charger listed.
Click your link and scroll to the very botttom. Then click on “standard equipment” and you‘ll see it listed.

Porsche should really do a better job showing what comes standard. I too optioned the PMCC before noticing that this was included. Fortunately I caught it before my order locked.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Mobile Charger Plus A2117A7A-4C70-4CC0-B801-C48EE5A9C9EE

They should also do a better job showing option trade-offs too - such as closed vents with the motorized charge port covers and cellular issues with the insulated glass.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In the states, they’re the same max capacity. 9.6kW. The Connect just has more features.
PMCC is 22kW in Europe - it is a much more substantial unit than PMC+ - are you sure that PMCC is still 9.6kW (if so why would anyone pay the premium for PMCC)? It's a lot to pay for a touch screen given both are network addressable etc!

PMC+ doesn't sit well in the dock either (recessed rather than flush due to depth profile of the charger).

PMC+ was in short supply globally Sep - Dec 2020 and so Porsche threw the PMCC in for free and shipped with all vehicles over that period (that's the only reason I have it but only run it on a 32A 240V supply to get 7.3kW charging).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

has anyone “accessed” a Mobile Charger +?

I’d love to hear what it can do... screen shots from the webportal?
Check that it doesn't offer a WiFi hotspot as per PMCC when off grid and PLC isn't an option. If avail then you can use your phone / tablet to connect. Your instructions will have a guide and the username / password should also be packaged with the rest of the kit.

Failing that, take it to where you can get a WiFi connection and associate it with that access point, configure then deploy in situ.

Be prepared to be underwhelmed with the features!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PMCC is 22kW in Europe - it is a much more substantial unit than PMC+ - are you sure that PMCC is still 9.6kW (if so why would anyone pay the premium for PMCC)? It's a lot to pay for a touch screen given both are network addressable etc!
Yes. I had to look into it because I optioned the 19.2kW AC charger in the US and had to make sure I found a larger EVSE. I assume the 22kW version in Europe is 3-phase? We don’t have residential 3-phase here so the 19.2kW means 80A, which means hardwiring. (Or 75A in my case as I have an 18kW EVSE).

Also...from our PMCC manual:

Porsche Taycan Porsche Mobile Charger Plus B7756D9B-A7E0-471C-94A4-F8883CB716A7

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, it is 3 phase capable but that doesn't mean you can't use it on single phase - just need to set one's expectation that the max charge is 7.4kW on UK single phase @ 32A.

They key to knowing what the charger is rated to is the serial number. There is some out of date doco out there (mine came with 3 paper manuals). In one it lists 9.6kW only but in the other (and for my serial number) it lists 22kW. At least in Europe we appear to have a small advantage on options for the same charger.

PLC only on PMC+ seems awfully short sighted but thanks for correcting me on that. At the end of the day you can choose to plug and go without setup if it comes to it.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
As nice as the charger is, I listed it for sale. I can't bring myself to un-do all the installation I did for the current charger lol. If anyone is interested:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-charger-plus-v2-adapter-kit.4446/#post-61238
don't you want to have a charger with you when you travel? they include a charger with the Etron for example, all you need is a 110 outlet (if you have forever) or a dryer type outlet and you can charge. I have seen some destination 'chargers' that are only an outlet, you have to provide some type of charger unit yourself.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
don't you want to have a charger with you when you travel? they include a charger with the Etron for example, all you need is a 110 outlet (if you have forever) or a dryer type outlet and you can charge. I have seen some destination 'chargers' that are only an outlet, you have to provide some type of charger unit yourself.
I don't think I need it honestly - I don't plan to use the car for road trips (we have my wife's car for that). But yeah, maybe.
Sponsored