Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Finally pulled the trigger, changed my 911 C4S Cab order to a Taycan Turbo. Delivery expected in April 2021.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTJ9UB4
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! iris_11__999325ba8d99a7dc910c5d3870757244c21ddab9

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTJ9UB4

Base Price Taycan Turbo Y1AFC1 $150,900
Price for Equipment $11,260
Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee $1,350

Total Price* $163,510

Exterior Color Mamba Green Metallic L0 $0
Interior Color Leather Interior in Black AR $0

Packages
Premium Package P4B $4,340
Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass $0
Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass $0
Lane Change Assist (LCA) 79J $0
Surround View $0
Ionizer $0
Seat Ventilation (Front) 4D3 $0
Storage Package $0

Performance Package P4C $5,400
Porsche Electric Sport Sound $0
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport) $0
Sport Chrono Package $0
Rear Axle Steering incl. Power Steering Plus $0
Exterior Window Trim in High Gloss Black QJ4 $400

Performance
Single-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle G1X $0
Wheels 20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels 47I $0

Wheel Accessories
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest 1NP $190
All-Season Tires for 20" Wheels Q36 $0

Comfort and Assistance Systems
Interior
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package Q1J $0
Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel 2PJ $280
Interior Accents in Neodyme GT1 $650
Smoking Package 9JD $0
Interior Aluminum Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum VT6 $0

E-Mobility
Included 3 Years of 30 Minute DC Charging Sessions at Electrify America Stations Z3C $0

Total Price* $163,510

EDIT: Added the "On-board 150kw/400V DC Charger"
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I picked up my 4S mid-November and decided (fairly quickly) to trade this in for a Turbo. The 4S was a dealer spec car, and whilst it came quite well equipped, it missed certain items I would have preferred such as PDCC, Sport Chrono and RWS.

I've spent a lot of time on the configurator, and ended up with a spec under code PMTNHTI0. I recognise, it's a bit OTT, but every time I hesitate over an option, I keep thinking life is too short and tick it!

I'm not overly interested in many of the external options like the gloss black or carbon exterior packs, and tend to focus more on the chassis and interior.

My big undecided is the colour. I have Volcano Grey at the moment and love it, but feel I should try something different for the next car. I'm usually fairly conservative on car paint colour, so Mamba Green would be a big departure for my normal choice.

I'll be interested to see what people think!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I picked up my 4S mid-November and decided (fairly quickly) to trade this in for a Turbo. The 4S was a dealer spec car, and whilst it came quite well equipped, it missed certain items I would have preferred such as PDCC, Sport Chrono and RWS.

I've spent a lot of time on the configurator, and ended up with a spec under code PMTNHTI0. I recognise, it's a bit OTT, but every time I hesitate over an option, I keep thinking life is too short and tick it!

I'm not overly interested in many of the external options like the gloss black or carbon exterior packs, and tend to focus more on the chassis and interior.

My big undecided is the colour. I have Volcano Grey at the moment and love it, but feel I should try something different for the next car. I'm usually fairly conservative on car paint colour, so Mamba Green would be a big departure for my normal choice.

I have MY2020 Dolomite Silver now (and rather happy with it) but if I had to order a MY2021 now I might be tempted to consider Cherry. Although I have not seen it in real life, Ice Grey might be a cool (literally) color too.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
All lovely colours. The trouble I have is that whenever I see a picture of a Taycan (irrespective of the colour), I think I really like that colour. It’s making it very difficult to choose. Some years ago, my partner and I went to Stuttgart to spec a 997 Turbo, and we had an hour wandering around looking at various cars that had just been built to compare the different colours - it was an excellent way to choose, and I could do with that now.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
All lovely colours. The trouble I have is that whenever I see a picture of a Taycan (irrespective of the colour), I think I really like that colour. It’s making it very difficult to choose. Some years ago, my partner and I went to Stuttgart to spec a 997 Turbo, and we had an hour wandering around looking at various cars that had just been built to compare the different colours - it was an excellent way to choose, and I could do with that now.
If it helps, there's a Mamba Green in the Cambridge branch right now. Or at least there was last week. I took some pictures to pick which wheels we would go for.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! IMG_1885

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! IMG_1884

Last edited:

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I want to say Turbo, but I cannot be 100% sure.

I'm going through a kinda similar situation to you right now, but pre-ordering. I've gone for the 4S, but feel that at £112k I may as well go for a Turbo as it just bumps it to £131k. Besides, no 10% tariff now, so I erm guess we got that Brexit dividend.

This is where I've ended up
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMSHXW13

I love your configuration and keep coming back to the idea of just ticking configuration options too, but the ones I just can't bring myself to go for are the upgraded sound system - we've done 6k miles in 18 months in the current car, so doesn't seem worth it - and the Passenger Display, as I'm still not 100% sure what the purpose is.

The only reason I've not upgraded the leather is just because I prefer the colour selection of Black/Crayon, although when looking at the 10ish Taycan's in Cambridge that were awaiting collection, almost all of them were this colour scheme, so it'll be good to be different.

Only other thing on your config that I decided against was InnoDrive, due to a combination of poor reviews and knowing I can use FoD to upgrade to it later on, should I choose.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks Tom. I like those wheels. Did you see what type Taycan it was - 4S?
I am quite sure it was a for S as it has the red calipers. Only the 4S comes with those as a base. The Turbo comes with the white calipers PSCB and the Turbo S comes with the yellow PCCB. The tricky thing is that all three of them can be optionally painted black for $900 USD.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Love your spec Philip, I nearly went with the Mamba Green as well as I really think it gives the car character, however I love the Bordeaux Red interior and that combo just did not work for my family. So I did end up going with the Volcano Gray which I think works very well if you’re going to get the panoramic roof. I think with your leather interior it will work well with the green and I am certainly impressed with your brake upgrade as the yellow calipers will also work well with the green. The only hesitation I would have is the 21 inch wheels which look awesome but I have heard of several folks that have had blowouts due to rough roads. I personally only upgraded mine to the 20 inch for that reason but they do not look nearly as good.
I’m sure you’re going to love the car.

P.S. for any US customers wanting to view his spec you must go to Porsche.com and select Europe - Great Britain as several of his options are not available in the US configurator and will be removed if you select his code.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks Ron. I hear what you say about the big wheels - we live in rural Norfolk (UK) and have had puncture problems on our 2020 Cayenne. We bought it stock from the dealer and it came with 22 inch wheels as standard (madness). We've ended up buying a set 21 inch wheels with winter tyres and that seems to have helped.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I want to say Turbo, but I cannot be 100% sure.

I'm going through a kinda similar situation to you right now, but pre-ordering. I've gone for the 4S, but feel that at £112k I may as well go for a Turbo as it just bumps it to £131k. Besides, no 10% tariff now, so I erm guess we got that Brexit dividend.

This is where I've ended up
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMSHXW13

I love your configuration and keep coming back to the idea of just ticking configuration options too, but the ones I just can't bring myself to go for are the upgraded sound system - we've done 6k miles in 18 months in the current car, so doesn't seem worth it - and the Passenger Display, as I'm still not 100% sure what the purpose is.

The only reason I've not upgraded the leather is just because I prefer the colour selection of Black/Crayon, although when looking at the 10ish Taycan's in Cambridge that were awaiting collection, almost all of them were this colour scheme, so it'll be good to be different.

Only other thing on your config that I decided against was InnoDrive, due to a combination of poor reviews and knowing I can use FoD to upgrade to it later on, should I choose.
Hi Tom - that's a great spec on your Turbo.

I did the same as you - I specced up a 4S with what I wanted on it, and it comfortably exceeded the price of a Turbo, so I ended up deciding to go for that model instead.

I like your thinking about the 'Brexit dividend'. That must fall into the 'man maths' equation somewhere.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Hi Tom - that's a great spec on your Turbo.

I did the same as you - I specced up a 4S with what I wanted on it, and it comfortably exceeded the price of a Turbo, so I ended up deciding to go for that model instead.

I like your thinking about the 'Brexit dividend'. That must fall into the 'man maths' equation somewhere.
im not sure the Brexit price change is resolved just yet. The detail of the deal linked to new car prices hasn’t been declared yet and specifically with reference to the “origin” rule. There is a plea for phase in to this rule because battery production is so heavily non EU and secondly has such a profound effect of % of manufactured car cost - hopefully it gets resolved, but my understanding is this is an EU “driven” tax to encourage more parts to be EU supplied. A bit ironic if we avoid Brexit 10% tax only to face a tax because of EU legislation! Fingers crossed as I’ve an upgrade from 4S to Turbo due to start assembly in late Jan21 and delivery 5-6wks later Crayon / Black ?
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! 56ADAC34-BC50-44D7-8777-AACF9FA373EA

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
im not sure the Brexit price change is resolved just yet. The detail of the deal linked to new car prices hasn’t been declared yet and specifically with reference to the “origin” rule. There is a plea for phase in to this rule because battery production is so heavily non EU and secondly has such a profound effect of % of manufactured car cost - hopefully it gets resolved, but my understanding is this is an EU “driven” tax to encourage more parts to be EU supplied. A bit ironic if we avoid Brexit 10% tax only to face a tax because of EU legislation! Fingers crossed as I’ve an upgrade from 4S to Turbo due to start assembly in late Jan21 and delivery 5-6wks later Crayon / Black ?
56ADAC34-BC50-44D7-8777-AACF9FA373EA.jpeg
Hi Bertie. Fingers crossed too. How long have you had your 4S and what’s prompted your change to a Turbo (I’m doing exactly the same as you, but am interested in other peoples’ reasons).