JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
I leave them in my car lol but that Louis Vuitton pouch is actually a “key pouch” and it has clips for several keys
Interesting! Got me shopping for something similar now ?
What made you go for that and not this product?

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Because it was in stock. Believe me, I searched far and wide for it ??
Haha I know what you mean. I went to LV Manchester today and they stock checked the item and saw they could order in the item I wanted.
However, to order it, I need to arrange an appointment, give them the full amount whilst they order it in, then return 5 days later to just look at it!
Oh and they’re fully booked, you cannot book a day in advance, you cannot arrange an appointment over the phone. You have to be there the second they open and return later in the day if you’re lucky enough to get a slot. What a ball ache!

GoodwinP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo S CT - Gentian Blue
Country flag
I use the following just for the Tracker Fob and garage door remote control - I connect it to my car/house keys (in a metal cash box acting as a Faraday Cage) when in the house so I don't forget to take it with me (having the garage door R/C helps too). Car/House keys live in one jacket pocket, Tracker Fob/Garage R/C live in the other. Great value - I've ordered both, first one arrived, second one due early Feb.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FR3DC4W/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_5mFbGbWS1ZHHB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X85XSB7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_ZnFbGbQSDMY1M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Porsche Taycan Porsche Tracker Fob 1611002798977

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
So I've finally managed to find a leather case for the Tracker fob that fits perfectly.

It's made of leather and is good quality - absolutely amazing for the price! (£4.99 in the UK)
The keychain comes off (it's just looped through the back) which is handy as the fob normally just goes in my pocket.
The Tracker fob is a tight fit so don't expect to take it out of the case quickly (but then why would you need to, other than to change the battery once every few years?)

Porsche Taycan Porsche Tracker Fob IMG_3970.JPG

It's actually a case for a USB flash drive, and the logo on the front says "King of Flash".
Pretty appropriate when I'm driving around in a brand new white Porsche with red leather interior and tinted windows! ?

Definitely my best purchase for the car so far!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0711XQ4D3/

L9SAK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone have a case for a tracker fob? Its an awkward shape and cannot find anything online.
Curiously I found the Hide Ranger who managed to deliver me a prefect fit after a few days Her name is Emma and can be contacted on [email protected]. Although this is in Red, she can do most colours

Porsche Taycan Porsche Tracker Fob IMG_2421

Porsche Taycan Porsche Tracker Fob IMG_2420

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I should get my CT4S in the next few weeks. Can someone post the actual max dimensions of the fob?

I was wondering if the Tesla case would fit...https://www.amazon.co.uk/ISDORE-Premium-Leather-Compatible-Tesla/dp/B0B5QCTPF5/ref=mp_s_a_1_6_sspa?adgrpid=121404779898&gclid=CjwKCAiAjs2bBhACEiwALTBWZYnC6YCB3YVJSF9Ogo9nwzJJaECND5ZT637aCUXhydnLC3J7Qk7i1xoCqR8QAvD_BwE&hvadid=606299647177&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1006584&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=5373119185064440579&hvtargid=kwd-423005356489&hydadcr=950_2627552&keywords=tesla+key+fob+model+x&qid=1668532845&quartzVehicle=3328-11781&replacementKeywords=key+fob&sr=8-6-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfbXRm&psc=1#immersive-view_1668534922716

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I should get my CT4S in the next few weeks. Can someone post the actual max dimensions of the fob?

I was wondering if the Tesla case would fit...https://www.amazon.co.uk/ISDORE-Premium-Leather-Compatible-Tesla/dp/B0B5QCTPF5/ref=mp_s_a_1_6_sspa?adgrpid=121404779898&gclid=CjwKCAiAjs2bBhACEiwALTBWZYnC6YCB3YVJSF9Ogo9nwzJJaECND5ZT637aCUXhydnLC3J7Qk7i1xoCqR8QAvD_BwE&hvadid=606299647177&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1006584&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=5373119185064440579&hvtargid=kwd-423005356489&hydadcr=950_2627552&keywords=tesla+key+fob+model+x&qid=1668532845&quartzVehicle=3328-11781&replacementKeywords=key+fob&sr=8-6-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfbXRm&psc=1#immersive-view_1668534922716
Porsche tracker holder - https://www.mackenzieleatheredinburgh.com/product/porsche-tracker-leather-holder/

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/tracker-fob-pouch.3209/post-44184 - picture with a measure.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
That looks brilliant, is this your trade or hobby and could you make one for the tracker with a key ring?
I like this very much. Would it be possible to insert some material to protect the keyfob from being electronically intercepted?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I like this very much. Would it be possible to insert some material to protect the keyfob from being electronically intercepted?
I would have thought that would stop the alarm/tracker fob doing its job i.e. letting the car know its in the car with the key. Pretty sure you don't want to keep taking it out of its little case every time you use the car.
Plenty of faraday pouches for car keys on the market if you're that way inclined. However all of the car keyring cases (non faraday) i found were rather large. For the alarm fob, go for a usb stick case and keep it with your house keys (i.e. not with the car key).

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
I would have thought that would stop the alarm/tracker fob doing its job i.e. letting the car know its in the car with the key. Pretty sure you don't want to keep taking it out of its little case every time you use the car.
Plenty of faraday pouches for car keys on the market if you're that way inclined. However all of the car keyring cases (non faraday) i found were rather large. For the alarm fob, go for a usb stick case and keep it with your house keys (i.e. not with the car key).
You're right; didn't think it through. I'm in the U.S. & don't believe we get trackers (could be wrong about this, too). I hid an Apple AirTag in my Taycan which hopefully would help should the car be stolen (unlikely anyway). Thanks for taking the time to respond.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Oddly, the tracker / car location on the app seems to become disabled (along with most other functionality) if there is an active alarm I.e. find my car/navigate to car doesn’t work. I’d have thought that’s the one time you’d want to use it, unless you’d forgotten which bar you’d left it outside of the night before.

AirTag isn’t a bad idea I guess, though it does tell other apple users (the thief) that there is an AirTag travelling with them, but no way around that I guess as it’s an anti-stalker feature.

Whatever, it’s safe to say the tracker fob is a pain in the arse and too big. For my Panamera 10years ago, it wasn’t much bigger than an SD card and fitted in my wallet. That’s progress I guess.
Sponsored