Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.1 GTS Cabriolet
Country flag
I think the server is down. I canˋt connect my home energy manager and my PMCC to the Porsche Id either.
Sponsored

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.1 GTS Cabriolet
Country flag
Charging works - even if not connected to Porsche ID. Taycan drives when servers are down. We probably will be able to connect the devices to our porsche ID in a couple of days. so no problem….

First Name
Vinod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Porsche Cayenne, 2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Click on User Profiles. It should allow you to login, although I haven't tried logging out and then logging back in via this method. Please let us know if it works.
Tried that. There is no option to porsche ID login.

First Name
Vinod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Porsche Cayenne, 2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Charging works - even if not connected to Porsche ID. Taycan drives when servers are down. We probably will be able to connect the devices to our porsche ID in a couple of days. so no problem….
Yes charging is working. will just have to wait for it to resolve...

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
quick update. After watching few PMCC videos (as no PWCC videos) on YouTube, I skipped the pairing and went straight to next page. It’s connected Tk my Taycan and charging. Though I would love to pair with my Porsche ID, I think this is good enough for now.

9B516F8F-BF4B-479C-8454-459F3CC28A7D.jpeg

4831347C-F069-4664-8773-872C472764A9.jpeg
Did you add a 100 amp breaker in your main panel then run the line directly into the wall unit? Most people run to a sub panel then to the wall unit. I am planning to run mine the same way you ran your unit looking at the photo's.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just ordered the same 19.2 kw wall unit. I plan to add it to a beach home I have as there is currently no charger stations in the area for at least 35 miles away. Plenty of level two but no high speed should I need a quick charge.
This unit will do the trick should I ever need faster charging. I plan to install the unit myself as it's a pretty straight forward install with the unit being within two feet of my main service panel. I will post my experience once I get started.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you add a 100 amp breaker in your main panel then run the line directly into the wall unit? Most people run to a sub panel then to the wall unit. I am planning to run mine the same way you ran your unit looking at the photo's.
I added the 100A breaker directly in the panel rather than a sub-panel.

One issue you'll want to consider is that 2 AWG wire is very stiff, so although the wire entered on the right side of the panel, I needed to route it across the bottom of the box to tie it into a breaker on the left side.

Also, be sure to follow the torque guidelines to the best of your ability. You don't want any oxidation to build up on the breaker connectors (although this is less of an issue for copper).

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
Anyone know if there is a way to make the PWCC charging cable longer?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's a tough ask since current handling requirements make it difficult to find an extension cord.

I saw a 48A J1772 extension cord on Amazon, but that won't cut it on the PWCC if you are running at 80A. However, there might be higher current handling extension available. Pass it along if you find it - I'm curious too.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
cheaper to puchase an EVSE w/longer cable than to extended a J-1772 cable.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I added the 100A breaker directly in the panel rather than a sub-panel.

One issue you'll want to consider is that 2 AWG wire is very stiff, so although the wire entered on the right side of the panel, I needed to route it across the bottom of the box to tie it into a breaker on the left side.

Also, be sure to follow the torque guidelines to the best of your ability. You don't want any oxidation to build up on the breaker connectors (although this is less of an issue for copper).
Thanks for the insight, my plan was to buy single 2 AWG line to make it easier to work with. In my case I will put a 100 amp breaker in my main panel then run three separate 2 AWG lines (2 hot and one neutral) then one ground. This should make it more manageable to work with such heavy wire.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the insight, my plan was to buy single 2 AWG line to make it easier to work with. In my case I will put a 100 amp breaker in my main panel then run three separate 2 AWG lines (2 hot and one neutral) then one ground. This should make it more manageable to work with such heavy wire.
For a US/North America installation you don’t need three 2 AWG lines, just two. Also, the ground wire I used was 6 AWG since it doesn’t carry current during charging. You should check with an electrician of course.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For a US/North America installation you don’t need three 2 AWG lines, just two. Also, the ground wire I used was 6 AWG since it doesn’t carry current during charging. You should check with an electrician of course.
Thanks Sam so you don not need the nurtural line then. Makes sense as most 220 v hot tubs are wired that way.

Thanks
Sponsored