Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I didn’t and regret it. Not necessary but the manual flaps are a bit basic, given the cost of the car.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
No for me. The car was designed to have functional air extraction vents behind the front wheel openings and the power charging flaps cause them to be blocked which offends me greatly. ;) That, and the $640 for a feature that should have been designed not to interfere with another feature and been no cost standard in the first place. They are kind of cool (though not as well executed, IMHO, as the power flaps on our e-Tron) but the manual flaps work just fine. No regrets.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I did not order them. I would rather skip a few ~$500 options and get something like rear axle steering (which is what I did) that makes a difference in driving.

My $0.02

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes ?

I think it makes the Taycan special. Most cars have flaps and the power charge port cover is futuristic and really cool IMO.

Other benefits:

- If you're forgetful like me, you never have to worry about driving off with the cover open. It will always close on its own.
- You can open/close it from the inside.
- It covers the opening in the front fender. If you track your Taycan, it's better to have this open for airflow. However, for most people, having it closed is a benefit because rock chips can't go through it and chip the door—if you don't have it wrapped and protected.

Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The electric charge port covers are a great party trick that offer no practical value and even add to the list of stuff that will eventually go wrong.

But I am happy I ordered them!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
the issue I see with the manual port door is that it is easy to knock them off of the car, the motorized doors retract out of they way up into the vehicle

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
Mine came without the powered charge port. I thought I would want it, but after living without it for the first 2 months I’m good. It is one less powered/automated thing that can malfunction. It does look cool as shit, though.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Yes ?

I think it makes the Taycan special. Most cars have flaps and the power charge port cover is futuristic and really cool IMO.

Other benefits:

- If you're forgetful like me, you never have to worry about driving off with the cover open. It will always close on its own.
- You can open/close it from the inside.
- It covers the opening in the front fender. If you track your Taycan, it's better to have this open for airflow. However, for most people, having it closed is a benefit because rock chips can't go through it and chip the door—if you don't have it wrapped and protected.
They are futuristic and cool; absolutely.

My only comments would be that a) the benefit to the vents is theoretically in improved aero=range, not necessarily for track use and b) you'd have to be extremely inattentive as well as forgetful to drive off with the manual flaps open! :)

Porsche Taycan Powered Charge Port Cover - YES or No? IMG_0925

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
It does look cool but I have the manual ports and as I charge from home 99% of the time I don’t really miss them.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Was on the fence cause I think the black line looks kind of cool - but went without it as I had issues with the auto-open port in my last car (Tesla) so wanted to avoid one more thing that could go wrong.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Currently do not have as mine was off the showroom floor. The three negatives of the standard port are that they stick out when open, can be 'sticky' to open and close and you lose the visual contrast from of the line or small 'wing' that supports the sensor. I would have preferred the electric port but cannot comment on reliability issues. I think air flow implications likely very minor.