Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
To consistently open the front, I haven't found a way other than to wash the car.
Did you try my method? It works on dirty cars also.
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yup - it works sometimes. Guessing the PPF is not helping. This is not at all much of a concern for me.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Yup - it works sometimes. Guessing the PPF is not helping. This is not at all much of a concern for me.
I have PPF also. I guess it’s just inconsistencies in cars then.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I will just sum up all of my issues with one root cause.......
Re-engineer EVERYTHING software related, including communication with all apps......full, stop.
spot on. I am actually changing my first generation car to a 2022 version, in the hope that some of my major and minor problems with the software have been rectified…… the car has been in too many times for software related
Problems.

showtime88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB
Country flag
My sirius/xm favorites have been deleted randomly a few times, but this pretty much sums up my exact experience as well. ive also had the spinning blue circle on the PCM with unable to load data a few times now. first time took a few days to reset by itself. the 2nd time took a few hours later

Socks

First Name
Candi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
I find it odd that so many minimize the Taycan's buggy and needlessly complex software as if the vehicle's many positive elements excuse these flaws. It seems to me that the converse ought to be true. A vehicle of the Taycan's superior driving dynamics and impeccable fit and finish ought to have software of equal quality and it is inexcusable that it does not. Fortunately, most of these issues should be correctable through patches and updates but they will only occur as rapidly as pressure from purchasers demands.
Who do we contact to be heard..I’m tired of calling my service man..and then 1 hour later it fixes it self..I never had all this electrical issues on my Tesla S. Between park assist..to carplay(a mess) trunk with leg not working…slow response to locking door with touch..how do I set am stations?
I kind of want my Tesla back..my son ended up getting my Tesla that finally came in after I bought this..beautiful car…help
I have comfort..is my steering wheel suppose to go up?? How do I set it

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
OK, first of all, this is the best car I've ever driven - by a long shot. It redefines 'daily driver' for me and I just don't see anything even remotely close to this car in terms of the combination of performance, quality, driving experience, and exterior and interior styling. I love this car.

BUT, there are a number of things that Porsche needs to fix, either on my car if they can, or certainly on future generations. Most of these all fall under the category of minor annoyances, with a few graduating to '...why the hell didn't Porsche do this right to begin with...'.

First, I won't dwell on the backup camera, but I'm hopeful Porsche will introduce a fix soon. Second, and this is really quite irritating, is the randomness of proper functioning of a number of features. First, the 'comfort access' evidently needs to take some time off every week. Sometimes the car will recognize me immediately and the door handles will pop out. Sometimes I will need to touch the door handle, and sometimes it will not work at all and I have to use the key. Yes, I've replaced the keyfob battery.

Second is the completely random resetting of a number of functions, starting with the central map display on the console - I've reset it countless times. I set the map to 'north up' and 'satellite view'. Sometimes it will stay that way for a few weeks, and sometimes I will reset it several times in a week. The seat heating profile will never hold it's settings, and CarPlay is a crapshoot in terms of when it decides not to hook up. I'd really like the car to be consistent with it's software, but evidently this is too difficult for Porsche at this time.

The motion activation of the front and rear trunks is ridiculous. Anyone who successfully uses this regularly must possess some kind of alien energy field that we normal humans cannot duplicate.

I won't get into the Nav and how well the charging planner works because I really don't use or trust it. I use Waze and the Electrify America app and have worked out how I combine this with the car nav, and it's probably not optimal but it works for me. A simpler and more reliable system is surely on the horizon.

That's about it for me, and my opinions are based on 12K miles over 12 months of daily driving with 2 long trips of over 500 miles. I wouldn't trade this car for anything and plan on keeping it for another 4 years and hope to put some 100K miles on it. I'd be very interested to hear what others think.
10K miles since March on my 2021, my experience is precisely the same

Franky

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (since 08/2021)
Country flag
Most important: as almost everybody here is stating - it is by far the most exciting car I have ever owned. Right now I can not imagine of any substantial improvement - and that has never happened to me before.

As to the bugs: yes, there are some - and some of them stated in this thread my car can also do. One more (and a really annoying one): when in reverse, the right outside mirror does indeed tilt - but upwards... Any suggestions to that? Thanks in advance ?...

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Most important: as almost everybody here is stating - it is by far the most exciting car I have ever owned. Right now I can not imagine of any substantial improvement - and that has never happened to me before.

As to the bugs: yes, there are some - and some of them stated in this thread my car can also do. One more (and a really annoying one): when in reverse, the right outside mirror does indeed tilt - but upwards... Any suggestions to that? Thanks in advance ?...
Attachments from the good to know manual. Hope it helps.

Porsche Taycan Problems to fix - review after 12K miles 45CBDE8E-3556-49F9-84BB-6EB0023096B6

Porsche Taycan Problems to fix - review after 12K miles 7EBF70DA-F113-4670-A15E-DF0318EDB595

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Trunk comfort access sensor location is offset right of center. Kick directly under the C in PORSCHE and you are in the right spot.

To consistently open the front, I haven't found a way other than to wash the car.
You caught the essence of the frunk opening issue: for me, also, (without using the key) it only opens when I wash the car!..I am OK w/ that as long as it doesn't decide to open when an squirrel crosses my path on the highway!

Cinbow

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My sport sound which I paid extra for won’t save. Dealers solution was to add an extra turn to the mode wheel so I get in and turn the wheel to get the sound on. Great… but for what we are paying can’t I at least have my settings save? Some days my phone connects and Waze pops up but most days not.

I get so many random errors, key not found- took in battery replaced, keep in cup holder, still getting error.
Driver control required- not using cruise or assist, both hands on wheel, took to dealer, still getting error. Lane assist wasn’t working. Dealer had car for two weeks.

Park Assist function not available- driving still possible
Emergency Call Service Error - service required
Lane Keep Assist Limited - Temporary condition driving still possible
Warn and Brake Assist Limited - See Owners Manual

and most recent Chassis Error continued driving possibly with adjustment see owners manual. Before this orange error popped up there was a red one that said stop driving immediately and service. Needless to say I had it towed in.
The last time I left the dealer they said ignore the errors unless they stick around or say to service. What the hell?
Am I crazy to have higher expectations for a new Porsche?
I Love driving it but it’s become a real headache. I just want everything to work and not have to wonder every other day if I should take errors seriously or not.

I’m looking into lemon law. The question is would I be better off paying more and getting a newer version or would that not matter?

Does Porsche have these software problems on any other models?
C
Sponsored