PSCB Stopping Question

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So I just returned a 2023 Taycan Base loaner that I drove for a week. The brakes felt like they were stiff and you felt the braking right away.

Now that I’m back in my 2020 Taycan Turbo with PSCB 30k miles, feel like my I really have to step down on the brakes to stop. It almost feel like as I’m slowing down coming to the red light I have to step down more to actually stop! Does anyone have a similar issue? Car is CPO and I bought it 6 months ago.

any advice would be helpful
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Odd! I had a loaner with PSCB and felt it "bite" much stronger without regen compared to my standard brakes.

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Get your brakes bled per @Tooney’s post. I had same problem. The bleeding solved it.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
So I just returned a 2023 Taycan Base loaner that I drove for a week. The brakes felt like they were stiff and you felt the braking right away.

Now that I’m back in my 2020 Taycan Turbo with PSCB 30k miles, feel like my I really have to step down on the brakes to stop. It almost feel like as I’m slowing down coming to the red light I have to step down more to actually stop! Does anyone have a similar issue? Car is CPO and I bought it 6 months ago.

I just got a 2023 base loaner, and immediately noticeable difference vs my 2022 with PSCBs. I actually kept over-braking until my brain adjusted.. I have a feeling this has notthing to do with PSCB or not and 2023 MYs have a different calibration.

Reactions: or1

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
I have just had WPK0 campaign done to my 2021 Turbo, and the brakes feel much more 'natural' - and I only noticed how weird they were after driving a 2023 loaner that seems to have had this update already.

so if anyone had an issue with the brake 'feel' (for me it was mostly that I had to push them too much and too hard) please ask your dealer to do this WPK0 - I was told it includes bleeding the brakes and PSM reprogramming. That made a huge difference to my car.

Reactions: or1

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag

I've had "Brake Symptom – Brake Pedal Travel Perceived as “Too Long” Just Before the Vehicle Comes to a Standstill: Observe Specified Procedure (SY 90/21)" done at the dealer and it definitely improved brake pedal feel and travel. However, it still wasn't close to the 2024 base RWD loaner I had. Keep in mind, brake feel with AWD compared to RWD will not feel the same as RWD activates the mechanical brakes earlier due to less overall regen capacity with only one motor.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I've had "Brake Symptom – Brake Pedal Travel Perceived as “Too Long” Just Before the Vehicle Comes to a Standstill: Observe Specified Procedure (SY 90/21)" done at the dealer and it definitely improved brake pedal feel and travel. However, it still wasn't close to the 2024 base RWD loaner I had. Keep in mind, brake feel with AWD compared to RWD will not feel the same as RWD activates the mechanical brakes earlier due to less overall regen capacity with only one motor.
keep in mind braking on the Taycan is largely a "brake by wire" affair given that there is regen involved - and the amount of regen/friction brakes are a "mix" controled by Porsche's software there is no pedal "feel" for regen - so any "feel" is largely a synthesized illusion by the entire braking system…it has to work this way it can work no other way.

Personally I've never been happy about the brake feel on my Taycan vs. other Porsche's (one of the main reason I prefer Porsche's to other vehicle's is the brake pedal feel of most Porsche's)

my 2020 Taycan got better over time as various technical bulletins and associated service visits worked on the braking system. I would not be surprised with improvement in newer models as Porsche make have upgraded the "feedback" mechanisms in later year models…I'd be super excited to try out the brake pedal feel in the new new Taycan…

but with brake by wire systems the pedal feel is going to be the result of software attempting to replicate what the pedal "should feel like" based on current/dynamic conditions - and it may not be able to fully replicate the "analog" feel of a truly and fully mechanical system…

but hey what do I know?
Sponsored