Range Mode?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
4500km driven with lockdown in between? Could it be that you only drive the Taycan now?
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
You are very welcome Henrik, I must live vicariously through your travels. :cool:
@ron_b, don't worry, October is just around the corner, and your will enjoy your car first hand. As someone who had an October delivery I can sympathize (selfishly I defected the group). The only comfort to offer is that the car is worth the wait.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
4500km driven with lockdown in between? Could it be that you only drive the Taycan now?
Good catch! And yes, true. The V8 is collecting dust and rust. Plus, my wife also wants to drive it.

Since Friday, we have a charger in the garage, connected to the large photovoltaic array on the roofs. The car literally drives with energy freshly harvested from the sun. An unreal feeling.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Range Mode Comments (sadly only from reading a I have not received vehicle yet :rolleyes:):
Actual owners feel free to critique me! ;)
  1. You can change the default 90kph/55mph up to 140kph/85mph via PCM.
  2. It dampens the throttle response to stretch efficiency.
  3. It lowers the suspension to improve arrow-dynamics.
  4. You can floor the accelerator peddle and it will drop out of range mode to make a pass or get out of a sticky situation.
  5. Changs AC to Eco mode.
  6. Note: The max speed can be re-adjusted dynamically by the vehicle if you are trip planning with the charging planner if it feels you need to stretch a bit to make the next charger.
    Also can adjust AC to Eco+ mode.
  7. Warning: when getting off motorway as the suspension is lowered so speed bumps or curbs may be a challenge.
  8. It's not magical on producing 50 miles additional range; however, if it changes your mindset and style of driving it may very well produce 30 more miles or more.
  9. Will avoid using low gear on rear motor.
  10. Will switch to front wheel drive at constant speed (thanks @wemct and @svp6)
I can’t seem to find the page to change the Max speed in range mode. I’ve looked everywhere but it’s like it has disappeared

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can’t seem to find the page to change the Max speed in range mode. I’ve looked everywhere but it’s like it has disappeared
It is in this video
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/innodrive-settings-disable-speed-sign-recognition.2979/

But if you have Range Mode on and are routing via the navigation then the max speed can be altered by the vehicle if Charging is determined to be lowish and that cannot be overridden.
This often gets in my way when I try to get to a charger with less than 5%. It sets my Max Speed to 55 mph so I end up needing to go to normal mode to at least drive the speed limit of 65 mph, well maybe 67-68mph ?.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It is in this video
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/innodrive-settings-disable-speed-sign-recognition.2979/

But if you have Range Mode on and are routing via the navigation then the max speed can be altered by the vehicle if Charging is determined to be lowish and that cannot be overridden.
This often gets in my way when I try to get to a charger with less than 5%. It sets my Max Speed to 55 mph so I end up needing to go to normal mode to at least drive the speed limit of 65 mph, well maybe 67-68mph ?.
The mysteries of range mode! The car can be so random. I have range mode set to a 85mph threshold, but if I put a destination into the Nav (with more than sufficient charge to get to my destination), the car automatically cranks it up to 90mph, even though the Good to Know suggests that 85mph is the max in range mode.

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
My 2020 Taycan Turbo has displayed Range Mode "max" speeds of 55 or 70 and "Auto max" of 90 mph. It became "locked" to 55 mph a while back and remained that way for at least a week. It began to act "normally" after it sat at the airport for a few days without being driven.

One day, it weirdly displayed 68 mph, but hasn't repeated that behavior since.

I wish I knew how it decides what to offer.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 2020 Taycan Turbo has displayed Range Mode "max" speeds of 55 or 70 and "Auto max" of 90 mph. It became "locked" to 55 mph a while back and remained that way for at least a week. It began to act "normally" after it sat at the airport for a few days without being driven.

Porsche wishes they knew as well. I had this problem escalated somewhat up the PCNA tree and the response was effectively "shrug"

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

Okay so this just happened to me a few days ago and I thought about posting it but figured it was a fluke and/or I was crazy. Apparently not.... sigh..... at least I know I’m not along. This forum is like my mental support group LOL

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Yes. Mine was locked at 55 for a few weeks which made Range mode unusable but it then miraculous fixed itself.

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Range mode = serious scraping on speed bumps. Best left to motorway trips...

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Range mode = serious scraping on speed bumps. Best left to motorway trips...
Correction - low vehicle height = serious scraping on speed bumps and dips. That said, range mode and low height aren't buying you anything in terms of aerodynamics at the speeds where a speed bump might live so you can turn off range mode when not on the highway. However if you prefer the look of the car at low height (I do) then lift will help, and if you have an MY2021 then lift remembers each speed bump so it's a one time thing.
Sponsored