First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Day 6: so far, no loss in CarPlay.

So, was it the WNA5 update or some other magic the service shop dropped on my car? And will this last? It's too early to tell.

What I have enjoyed for almost all my cars over 40 years is the ability to play my own music
I mostly use Pandora. On my Tesla, I use the Amazon Echo Auto for Pandora. On my Taycan, I use CarPlay. Both cars rely upon a cell network connection through my iPhone so I expect that they will drop out from time to time. But as long as the UI is solid, I'm good with this.

It might just be that the system was rebooted.
Maybe. As long as its working, I'm good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
pointing to companies with poor service to justify the deterioration of Porsche's customer service doesn't work well for me.
My bad. It was kind of a flippant comment really. I was pointing out that this is a relative subject.

I actually thought the OP was talking about recalls, not commenting on customer service though.
I personally look at recalls as related to design/execution weaknesses. Customer service is about fixing those.

I've had great customer service from Ducati factory and dealer. Lotus dealers are a bit thin on the ground, but good factory support. But a lot of recalls in general from both.....almost certainly related to limited design/testing budgets and fast development cycles.

Taycan is a new platform thus naturally prone to design flaws. My point is that acceptability is relative to an individual. My prior experiences have left me with a high tolerance I suppose. You're perfectly entitled to a different tolerance level.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Yes; the Lotus (s1 Elise) had me doing something to it nearly every weekend (I daily drove it when the weather permitted)- but at least it was basic enough to work on :)
I had an ‘05 (first year in states). I never had an issue with it. I don’t have problems with my Taycan either though. I’ve only taken in it once for the recall last summer. And I like working with my dealer, so no big deal. I have to take my Macan in 3-4 times a year, but that’s just normal maintenance. Tomorrow is brake pads.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
pointing to companies with poor service to justify the deterioration of Porsche's customer service doesn't work well for me.
Was he referring to poor customer service or simply alluding to other low volume, high performance vehicles that have niggles, and devoted customer bases that just accept them because the car/moto is just so exceptional to drive/ride?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I had an ‘05 (first year in states). I never had an issue with it. I don’t have problems with my Taycan either though. I’ve only taken in it once for the recall last summer. And I like working with my dealer, so no big deal. I have to take my Macan in 3-4 times a year, but that’s just normal maintenance. Tomorrow is brake pads.
I’m only at 1500 miles on the Taycan; had the alarm issue and been in for the recent recall. So far, count myself one of the lucky ones - except the other four cars now all are telling my they would like to be serviced.

Cayman has just come out as snow has finally gone; service and a couple of recalls on that! Neither important to me, but will get them done at same time.

Only one I service myself is the Raptor; that thing is pretty basic and you can get underneath without any jacks :)

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
Was he referring to poor customer service or simply alluding to other low volume, high performance vehicles that have niggles, and devoted customer bases that just accept them because the car/moto is just so exceptional to drive/ride?
We get it, love is blind to you.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Yes, but not every single little thing. At least not in a Porsche. Porsche builds great drivers cars with little annoyances sprinkled in to keep it interesting. Not unique to the Taycan by any means. I could make a list of little issues with every Porsche I’ve ever owned, but I’d rather just drive them and focus on their awesomeness than sit around complaining about the radio.
After decades of driving euro-trash sedans from BMW, Mercedes and Audi, I was absolutely, positively bored shitless every time I got behind the wheel. The Taycan however has made driving entertaining again. It is indeed an awesome driving experience and I could care less if the weather screen, for example, fails to function consistently on my $100K+ car. I didn't buy it for freak'n weather reports, I bought it for the driving experience and it has been worth every penny. I do however sympathize with folks who have legitimate safety issues and/or door rattles -- both of those would be complete buzz-kills for me.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
[QUOTE
Love it, every forum has to have their resident tough guy
Says the guy who starts an argument with a personal insult… :rolleyes:

What this forum has are a number of people who love to make smart ass personal remarks and then whine when someone sends it back at them.

And I say again, you obviously didn’t understand the comment the poster made that started this little tit for tat.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You should change your screen name to iknowwhatyouarebutwhatami, as that seems to be all you can say.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Yes, just hit ignore…
Sponsored