Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Hi,

very nice!

are you able to shape the charging current depending on the solar input? e.g. only charge when sun shines well?

If yes, does that also work with a different EV than Taycan?

thanks!
Hi,

very nice!

are you able to shape the charging current depending on the solar input? e.g. only charge when sun shines well?

If yes, does that also work with a different EV than Taycan?

thanks!
Not really. What I can specify is the maximum total draw at any time, which includes solar plus utility. This works properly by throttling maximum output from the charger when home consumption is high. I try to connect the charger on clear days to use as much solar as possible or a timer to start charging during the night at off-peak rate which is half of peak and 25% less than regular rate. That would be a great feature they could add in a future software update. Maybe an option to limit the maximum utility draw irrespective of solar would do the trick.
Sponsored

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Not really. What I can specify is the maximum total draw at any time, which includes solar plus utility. This works properly by throttling maximum output from the charger when home consumption is high. I try to connect the charger on clear days to use as much solar as possible or a timer to start charging during the night at off-peak rate which is half of peak and 25% less than regular rate. That would be a great feature they could add in a future software update. Maybe an option to limit the maximum utility draw irrespective of solar would do the trick.
isn't that already advertised with the HEM to prioritize the solar input by charging consumption? At least it's one of the use cases of the EEBus standard stuff. A (not fully) work around would be to use the price optimization.

Attachments

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Attached is an image of my docking station open.

DC23CE19-DDF1-4FF1-8AA7-51191A84BA11.jpeg
Which way is your outlet set? I was told by Porsche to mount it upside down (ground on the top) but it looks like from the video from another thread that the outlet needs to have the ground pointing down. Which way should it go?

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Which way is your outlet set? I was told by Porsche to mount it upside down (ground on the top) but it looks like from the video from another thread that the outlet needs to have the ground pointing down. Which way should it go?
It works either way but may be upside down depending on the orientation of the socket. Mine is upside down and works fine.

ranger22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, GT3RS, Cayenne GTS, Raptor
Country flag
For those of you not using the Porsche Mobile Charge Connect system. Is there still a way for you to remotely check the state of charge?

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
It works either way but may be upside down depending on the orientation of the socket. Mine is upside down and works fine.
Mine is upside down and waiting on the car to arrive in March but I think I need to turn it so the ground is at the bottom so the plug cable goes up. Is that how others have it in the USA?

Last edited:

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For those of you not using the Porsche Mobile Charge Connect system. Is there still a way for you to remotely check the state of charge?
Assume you mean other than the Connect App or Porsche Website? Note the PMCC can't tell you the car's SOC, only if it is charging and for how long and how much power has been delivered. And it can only do that on the local wireless network, not away from home for example.

ranger22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, GT3RS, Cayenne GTS, Raptor
Country flag
Assume you mean other than the Connect App or Porsche Website? Note the PMCC can't tell you the car's SOC, only if it is charging and for how long and how much power has been delivered. And it can only do that on the local wireless network, not away from home for example.
this is good to know. I just watched the 45min video all about charging a Taycan and I thought the guy implied that the PMCC could send other car metrics such as state of charge to the app so you can check it remotely. I was asking because my Turbo order locks soon and we’re thinking about dropping the PMCC and getting an aftermarket one instead. Thank you for the reply.
Sponsored