BobC

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ok, how do you remove that trunk panel? The beeping drives me nucking futs.
Knowing where all the fastening clips are is obviously the key, so I had a local service shop that was familiar with Taycan body parts do mine, so I wouldn't bust anything up trying to do it myself. I also passed this thread on to my Service Advisor, since he's had many other people request this as well.

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
The trunk speaker is terribly loud.

I live in a multi-owner condo conversion victorian house. The driveway is right outside my downstairs neighbors bedroom windows.

Opening (and then closing) the trunk while my neighbors are sleeping is probably quite annoying. Almost as annoying as people who have cars that honk their horns when they lock or unlock. But I digress.

So I asked my local Service Department to quiet down or turn off the blasted beeping.
Their (completely understandable) reply was: “We can’t do that because it’s a safety feature.” Sigh. Lawyers win again. “But... here’s how to remove the interior panel of the trunk...”

Ok. So, I opened it up. There’s the annoying speaker. Hmm... maybe I can make it quieter. I’ll cover both sides of the speaker with sound absorbing materials.

Nope. Fail. Didn’t significantly reduce the noise.

Ok then, now it’s unplugged. Hopefully it won’t throw a code.

The only regret is I also lose the warning beep if the trunk hits an obstacle when trying to close. I’ll just have to watch it more closely. I got used to turning my back and walking away, listening for the “failed to close” beep.

Golden Silence.

DC52FAD9-AC2F-4A6D-9BA6-914008CAEDFF.jpeg
E08458FF-FADC-4A09-9889-F758E5D5A119.jpeg
290CEAF5-2946-4F46-A7E5-E8EC7FFE82B4.jpeg
CE279B64-8839-43A0-A6EC-8E43A61EC40A.jpeg
955C771F-5910-435F-84CD-5A1AE7547968.jpeg
Great solution. Will you explain how you removed those two rubber knobs on each side of the trunk cover? Do they just pull off? Thanks.

Tincan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Ha, I went through the same exasperation a while ago... On the Cross/Sport Turismo, the garbage truck speaker is in the upper left section of the trunk, cf attached picture.

To get to it you have to pry the speaker cover panel. From there either you work with tweezers to unplug it, or you also unclip the next panel -- the one the rear seatbelt comes out of.

It does throw a code with it unplugged (000020 - Warning buzzer for rear hatch Open circuit) which also prevents closing the trunk from the center console touch screen. Opening still works, but closing is disabled. I assume that's the same with the sedan.

Porsche Taycan Silencing the Trunk Beeper IMG_1357

BobC

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the speaker unplugged on my '22 4S, and it's the same behavior as you mentioned; quietly closes using the trunk lid push button or foot motion, but not from inside using the center console touch screen. Small price to pay (never use it) for the silence!

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Is the sound significantly louder on US cars than in Europe? I cant possibly imagine how one could be bothered by it, let alone losing functionality in order to silence it.

Here it does a single beep when you press the close button and nothing when opening.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
It is odd! My car is a 22, I just purchased a 22 Q5 and the back lid does not beep when it goes up and down. Same damn car company yet not beeper. Go figure!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It is odd! My car is a 22, I just purchased a 22 Q5 and the back lid does not beep when it goes up and down. Same damn car company yet not beeper. Go figure!
Maybe it’s broken? Or maybe some settings got changed (one exists on Taycan but only changeable via dealer tools).

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Ha, I went through the same exasperation a while ago... On the Cross/Sport Turismo, the garbage truck speaker is in the upper left section of the trunk, cf attached picture.

To get to it you have to pry the speaker cover panel. From there either you work with tweezers to unplug it, or you also unclip the next panel -- the one the rear seatbelt comes out of.

It does throw a code with it unplugged (000020 - Warning buzzer for rear hatch Open circuit) which also prevents closing the trunk from the center console touch screen. Opening still works, but closing is disabled. I assume that's the same with the sedan.

IMG_1357.jpg
Has anyone tried applying some industrial sound deadening foam wrapped around the speaker to muffle it out - wonder if that might quieten it enough w/o having to unplug and loos functionality?

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Maybe it’s broken? Or maybe some settings got changed (one exists on Taycan but only changeable via dealer tools).
If thats the case then I am okay with it!

Tincan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Is the sound significantly louder on US cars than in Europe? I cant possibly imagine how one could be bothered by it, let alone losing functionality in order to silence it.

Here it does a single beep when you press the close button and nothing when opening.
Here it beeps every second whenever the trunk is opening or closing (regardless of how it triggered: button, foot, key, central console), it’s pretty obnoxious in a quiet environment. You get 4 beeps each way.

https://sndup.net/n3gp/

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag

IMG_1357.jpg
Thanks for the tip @Tincan for the Cross Turismo. I removed my speaker tonight and replaced it with a 33ohm resistor I had lying around. The close button still works, maintaining all functionality, and no codes.

@ciaranob @BobC

FYI, the speaker has a resistance of about 60ohm. I used some foam tape to hold the resistor in place.
Porsche Taycan Silencing the Trunk Beeper A2F512F8-7B3A-4DA4-A349-A760C2E457F2

Porsche Taycan Silencing the Trunk Beeper 2C491E0F-EF06-4996-BB52-DB405B0FB077

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the tip @Tincan for the Cross Turismo. I removed my speaker tonight and replaced it with a 33ohm resistor I had lying around. The close button still works, maintaining all functionality, and no codes.

@ciaranob @BobC

FYI, the speaker has a resistance of about 60ohm. I used some foam tape to hold the resistor in place.
A2F512F8-7B3A-4DA4-A349-A760C2E457F2.jpeg

2C491E0F-EF06-4996-BB52-DB405B0FB077.jpeg
Excellent - nice job!

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I totally want to do the same thing. I'm concerned that any small change I make risks warranty coverage for something that might be loosely linked to the problem I'm trying to get coverage for. I.e. headlight is out... Sorry, you modified your electrical for the buzzer, no coverage for you. :)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I totally want to do the same thing. I'm concerned that any small change I make risks warranty coverage for something that might be loosely linked to the problem I'm trying to get coverage for. I.e. headlight is out... Sorry, you modified your electrical for the buzzer, no coverage for you. :)
Guess it depends how much you hate the beeper :). May not be that much hassle to swap the resistor back to the speaker for more significant dealership visits.
Sponsored