CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Caroline. Really sorry to hear of your problems. I'm hoping OPC Norwich can check the car and sort this out for you. Not good news after the recall update.
Thanks Philip. The Taycan technician is on holiday until 16th September. Main Porsche UK have said i can drive to Colchester and the will give me a hire car while they look at ot and then i can drive back to Colchester again to pick up my car. This is all well and good, but i work and cannot cancel clinics etc to drive to get a hire car. . I cannot leave it into Norwich for Colchester to pick up. Quite frankly I am not happy and very disappointed. This is not a cheap car.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I had my software update in early July. I am so disappointed.
I just noticed you are in the UK so nhtsa is irrelevant. the issue here is that despite having the update installed this serious issue remains.
I'll keep saying it, porsche is tarnishing their image with these failings. at some point the auto media will pick up and run with these issues.
FWIW: JD power canada ranked the porsche reliability fairly low. the industry average problem with new cars is 162 porsche came in at 163

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks Philip. The Taycan technician is on holiday until 16th September. Main Porsche UK have said i can drive to Colchester and the will give me a hire car while they look at ot and then i can drive back to Colchester again to pick up my car. This is all well and good, but i work and cannot cancel clinics etc to drive to get a hire car. . I cannot leave it into Norwich for Colchester to pick up. Quite frankly I am not happy and very disappointed. This is not a cheap car.
porsche seems to think that people just have so much extra time to shuttle around their service centers. back in the day of early tesla ownership they would come, flat bed the car to their service center which was 125 miles away, fix and return the car in a couple of days when the issue was a build flaw.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Is there a place online to see what the current software (update) version is for the Taycan? We all know our iPhone iOS version and can easily determine the current one. Definitely going to advise my dealer to make sure mine is on the current version BEFORE I pick it up (but want to verify it when I get there).

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
All software was up to date. I checked with the dealership and Porsche before taking possession of the car
To @kort’s point, unless the dealer can show you service records of having done AMB5, it might not have been done. Regardless of what the dealer might say to get a sale.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
To @kort’s point, unless the dealer can show you service records of having done AMB5, it might not have been done. Regardless of what the dealer might say to get a sale.
@KTC is there no way to see the current version in the PCM?

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am not sure why people believe that the recall update fixes the electrical fault problems. The recall is not related at all.

If you read the recall details it addresses the Motor Control error and Engine Computer error which result in a power loss while driving because of a bug that makes the engine computer unable to read correctly some data from the electric motor. The update does not address any other other issues.

Btw most owners report these electrical faults happen when they turn the car on, not while driving. These faults can either be bad hardware or another software bug. My guess is bad hardware. Either way, it is disappointing and concerning to see these issue.

Last edited:

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am not sure why people believe that the recall update fixes the electrical fault problems. The recall is not related at all.
Stand corrected; thanks for bringing this up!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I had my software update in early July. I am so disappointed.
So sorry to hear about your experience again. What is the dealer or Porsche GB saying about this? I guess it is the normal “ we are investigating, and this takes time, so bear with us”

Is there an equivavelent authority in the U.K. to NHTSA? Then should be advised in such case.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
porsche seems to think that people just have so much extra time to shuttle around their service centers. back in the day of early tesla ownership they would come, flat bed the car to their service center which was 125 miles away, fix and return the car in a couple of days when the issue was a build flaw.
Many Porsche dealers in the US do this. Years of big Cayenne sales in the US helped them expand their footprint to better handle the volume from the Macan & Taycan. UK service seems pretty bad from the stories I've read on here.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Many Porsche dealers in the US do this. Years of big Cayenne sales in the US helped them expand their footprint to better handle the volume from the Macan & Taycan. UK service seems pretty bad from the stories I've read on here.
That must be nice, but is definitely not the case in the Pacific Northwest. They have Porsche Roadside Assistance, but that's outsourced to some crappy third party. Last time they showed up with some beat up civic and I thought it's another one of those folks trying to sell stuff door to door.

And they definitely can't keep up with the volume here - the shop has a 1+ month wait time. I know because I'm in that waitlist waiting to iron out issues on a brand new car I picked up.

Goldbros

First Name
Goldbros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I got my car back.
Error code in Germany: B182D16
Error code in US: OOD346
Apparently in cabin electrical error, not related with the 12V battery.
They reset the code and could not reproduce the problem. Not sure it was actually fixed.

Any of you smarter people can help make sense of this information?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got my car back.
Error code in Germany: B182D16
Error code in US: OOD346
Apparently in cabin electrical error, not related with the 12V battery.
They reset the code and could not reproduce the problem. Not sure it was actually fixed.

Any of you smarter people can help make sense of this information?
Unfortunately the dealers do not know how to handle issues in this car either because it is a software bug that needs a patch from Germany or because the diagnostic/debugging tools/error logs for the car are inadequate.

"resetting & cannot reproduce" is becoming a too frequent resolution...

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
I’ve just had the electric system fault on my UK Taycan. It cleared itself after 15 mins but now I’m nervous and think I’ll take my reliable 21 year old TT out today instead ?
Sponsored