cjne

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021, Tesla Model S P100D 2019
Country flag
Has anyone investigated communication with the PMCC directly? I have been thinking that a Home Assistant integration for local control and fetching data would be neat. An integration for the connect service would also be cool.
A Home Assistant integration sounds interesting :) Do you have a specific use case in mind?
I'm currently working on a Home Assistant integration for Porsche Connect, perhaps that could be an option, i will support charge controls.
Sponsored

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
A Home Assistant integration sounds interesting :) Do you have a specific use case in mind?
I'm currently working on a Home Assistant integration for Porsche Connect, perhaps that could be an option, i will support charge controls.
I am thinking being able to graph some of the charging data would be interesting.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Now that I've received my car, I was able to continue to make progress on my swift api library – adding summary, position and capabilities APIs to the library - as v0.1.2

https://github.com/driven-app/porsche-connect/tree/v0.1.2#summary-of-a-vehicle

The emobility API is next and that will then be enough for it to be useful as the underpinnings for my first mac app – ChargeBar.

I see @cjne that you continue to make great progress – thank you for your work – I am finding it very useful.

cjne

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021, Tesla Model S P100D 2019
Country flag
Now that I've received my car, I was able to continue to make progress on my swift api library – adding summary, position and capabilities APIs to the library - as v0.1.2

The emobility API is next and that will then be enough for it to be useful as the underpinnings for my first mac app – ChargeBar.

I see @cjne that you continue to make great progress – thank you for your work – I am finding it very useful.
Nice to see that you're making progress as well! Let me know if you have any questions, i'm happy to help :)

I have pretty much covered all functionality there is in the web app now, the only thing i think is missing is being able to activate a specific charging profile and set a charge timer.
In the iOS/Android app it's possible to set climate temperature and select zones, this is also on the todo list.

I'm soon ready to release a Home Assistant integration as well if anyone is interested.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
A general question:
when I look across nearly all self-made car API clients in github, no matter which car brand, I see the auth flows always self made like postman scripts.
I did the same with .NET for the BMW connectDrive stuff years ago, and it always was a pita when they changed some minor API details.

Did anyone consider using a well maintained OpenID client library and make use of all the standards like discovery?
https://login.porsche.com/.well-known/openid-configuration (old)
https://identity.porsche.com/.well-known/openid-configuration (new)
https://id.mercedes-benz.com/.well-known/openid-configuration
https://identity.vwgroup.io/.well-known/openid-configuration

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Have a query, entirely selfish on my part (not a coder) - how difficult would it be to port the video feed from the thermal imaging camera (NightView assist) to synchronously display on the PAX (passenger display)?
This imo could almost be considered an ‘added’ safety aspect in having an extra set of eyes on the road ahead besides just sharing an interesting and very cool view from an expensive add-on to the car!
Not meaning to derail primary thread but genuinely interested in you collective opinion.

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Have a query, entirely selfish on my part (not a coder) - how difficult would it be to port the video feed from the thermal imaging camera (NightView assist) to synchronously display on the PAX (passenger display)?
This imo could almost be considered an ‘added’ safety aspect in having an extra set of eyes on the road ahead besides just sharing an interesting and very cool view from an expensive add-on to the car!
Not meaning to derail primary thread but genuinely interested in you collective opinion.
Quite a good idea! It should not be too hard in theory. Then again, I can already hear my wife "I think there is something there" - every 10 seconds ?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Quite a good idea! It should not be too hard in theory. Then again, I can already hear my wife "I think there is something there" - every 10 seconds ?
LOL - I already get frustrated by back seat (or passenger seat) drivers. Not sure I would want to give them more tools to critique my driving.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
LOL - I already get frustrated by back seat (or passenger seat) drivers. Not sure I would want to give them more tools to critique my driving.
They can just look out the window at that :)

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan Client Software Development Many-Saints-Johnny-Boy-Shoots-Livias-Hair

wonder if I will get away with this given I opted for the noise reducing glass?

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Does anybody know if there was any progress on this topic or is there anywhere more up to date information available ?

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag

Curious if you ever got around to doing anymore...

I checked-out the github, but when attempting to run the cli, it always jsut prints the help...

Code:
$ ./porsche list-vehicles [email protected] my_password                  
USAGE: porsche list-vehicles <username> <password>

ARGUMENTS:
  <username>              Your MyPorsche username (registered email).
  <password>              Your MyPorsche password.

OPTIONS:
  --version               Show the version.
  -h, --help              Show help information.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Curious if you ever got around to doing anymore...

I checked-out the github, but when attempting to run the cli, it always jsut prints the help...

Code:
$ ./porsche list-vehicles [email protected] my_password                 
USAGE: porsche list-vehicles <username> <password>

ARGUMENTS:
  <username>              Your MyPorsche username (registered email).
  <password>              Your MyPorsche password.

OPTIONS:
  --version               Show the version.
  -h, --help              Show help information.
Hi @ljump12 – while the project is definitely not dead – I haven't had as much time recently as I hoped to work on it. I just tried the latest myself and I can see that I have introduced an async bug that the tests are not picking up. So I am getting the same behaviour that you described. I'll endeavour to push a fix for that in the next day or two and I'll update this thread when I do so.

Thanks for giving it a go!

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Hi @ljump12 – I've pushed a small fix (https://github.com/driven-app/porsche-connect/pull/48) to main branch. If you've time, would you mind grabbing the latest version, compiling and trying it again.

I've also tagged this with release v0.1.12.
That did indeed solve the issue! list-vehicles responded with my type & vin#, however when i run show-summary or show-capabilities (giving the vin provided as the third argument) it responds with Error: AuthFailure
Sponsored