OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
I had similar concerns. Borrow a demonstrator for half a day like I did, and go and drive some of your typical roads. By the end of it, you will be threading it in and out of traffic like any another motor.
I'm hesitant to ask the SA as it's so close to the freeze date and don't want him to think I'm messing him about... But maybe I could go to a different dealership to test? Not sure on the morals there.
Sponsored

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
Taycan is a lot longer... Best avoid some roads in cornwall in the summer...:swear:. Yes , roads are quite extreme, but great fun when quiet.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
...you could be looking at the options list and wanting to test some out that are on the demostrator...

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I've just come back from some tight back lanes. It is a wide vehicle and pretty low too, which is more of an issue - I bump up verges in out XC90 if needed. But I coped and just checking mirrors and moving over when appropriate worked fine.

OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
Taycan is a lot longer... Best avoid some roads in cornwall in the summer...:swear:. Yes , roads are quite extreme, but great fun when quiet.
My friend once towed a caravan to Cornwall and I thought he had lost his mind.

OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
...you could be looking at the options list and wanting to test some out that are on the demostrator...
Yeah true. Thanks, that's a really good shout!

OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
I've just come back from some tight back lanes. It is a wide vehicle and pretty low too, which is more of an issue - I bump up verges in out XC90 if needed. But I coped and just checking mirrors and moving over when appropriate worked fine.
Thank you.

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag
I have also a CT4S and I come from a Jeep Grand Cherokee (same size & width as the CT) but I feel that being so low in the seating makes it a bit hard to evaluate the size of the car when driving. I have to say I’m being extra careful and until now I have a hard time to “relax” when driving the car. It will probably take some time to getting used to it though so no worried. But yes, it’s a big car from the outside.
PS: I have the car since last Friday 😉
No Worries, I have same feeling and I have it since Dec 20th 2022, first low height seat as well, so different angle of vision, some time it is really hot ;)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I live in a village surrounded by country lanes. Pic is 2 minutes away from home.

I was concerned about the width coming from my previous car (BMW M2).

But the reality has been that if the road was wide enough for two cars to pass, it still is.
And if it was too narrow to pass anther car in the M2, its no different in the Taycan. Someone has to find a passing place.

So although it is wider, rural driving is a similar experience.

The only real thing I notice is parking spaces have less width, so you need to watch other people's door opening (ie kids on SUVs).

Surround parking is a must.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Owners and Very Narrow Lanes 20210915_175554

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
No Worries, I have same feeling and I have it since Dec 20th 2022, first low height seat as well, so different angle of vision, some time it is really hot ;)
Yes the different angle of vision adds a bit of difficulty coming from a higher car 😅

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I live in rural France so lots of single track roads, farm vehicles etc. I have an X5 which I think is as wide and I manage fine so it's not concerning me. Waiting for delivery of mu Taycan.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
What if I told you Taycan is wider than an Audi A8, Mercedes S class and even a Bentley continental? ;) Not trying to scare you, but i find this amazing. On the flipside, you really don't feel it when you are driving it. It drives much smaller than it actually is.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
What if I told you Taycan is wider than an Audi A8, Mercedes S class and even a Bentley continental? ;) Not trying to scare you, but i find this amazing. On the flipside, you really don't feel it when you are driving it. It drives much smaller than it actually is.
I actually measured the width of my neighbour's Bentley as I was stressing the car was too wide before it came and that's in South East London 🤦. The Taycan was about 5cm or so wider and not much more longer so I figured if he can get around I will. You get used to the width fast. And you have excellent vision, lean forward and you can really judge the sides over the left and right humps that lead to the headlights on the bonnet and of course you have surround view to augment.

Doc Sportello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
It's damn wide, as Avantgarde says, and feels wider. Nimble, though, which is an odd, if pleasant, combination.

A few weeks in the Highlands in the summer on single-track roads with passing places were fine and reassured me.

It even handles central London well, although parts of SoHo are a no-go area as they eat alloys!

There are times on really rural Oxfordshire backroads near me where it pays to enter corners slower than you might otherwise do because it does take a lot of road space, and there's usually a tractor coming in the other direction.

As others say, sufficiently big spaces are the biggest problem in some car parks, as the doors open wide.
Sponsored