SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I was surprised to see a TV commercial of our amazing Taycan. Is this a new low, that corporate has to spend money on super prime time ads to sell them? For those who may not know what SNF stands for, it is Sunday Night Football between Eagles and Cowboys going on now on NBC in the US. How many eyes have seen it, this is how many "NFL Sunday Night Football: Eagles-Cowboys (8:20p Sun NBC). Prediction: 26.8M per Nielsen, 2.23M per Adobe Analytics, 29.0M overall." This was not cheap to put this up there.

Sponsored

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
I was surprised to see a TV commercial of our amazing Taycan. Is this a new low, that corporate has to spend money on super prime time ads to sell them? For those who may not know what SNF stands for, it is Sunday Night Football between Eagles and Cowboys going on now on NBC in the US. How many eyes have seen it, this is how many "NFL Sunday Night Football: Eagles-Cowboys (8:20p Sun NBC). Prediction: 26.8M per Nielsen, 2.23M per Adobe Analytics, 29.0M overall." This was not cheap to put this up there.

I'll admit to being surprised to see this advertisement. Low demand? Some need to sell EVs to offset ICE EPA mileage penalties? I really doubt their potential purchasers need an ad to be aware of the car. Glad to see it as it was well produced visually, but confused as to who thought it was necessary. No other Porsche models mentioned. Weird?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It will drive some demand, help clear out some inventory. It will also let people know the Taycan starts at $90K, which will grab attention from some folks looking at other EV’s in that range who might prefer a more rare and somewhat exotic looking car to drive. There is bunch of inventory out there of $107K-$112K Taycans when I looked online recently. If refresh is coming, they have extra incentive to move them asap.

Last edited:

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Cheesy ad. I am worried this IPO is totally derailing this company. They are losing focus trying to impress the street on a Q over Q basis. Implemented unrealistic pricing increases now having difficulty selling the car. It used to start at 79K when there was a 7.5K tax incentive. 90K without tax benefit means a 25% price increase. Good luck with that. And there is a real depreciation problem that they need to solve. And take a look at the new Panamera pricing. Now you have to pay for switching to all season tires !? and $1,500 for generic colors like gentian blue named as "dreams"... Just random shit. Pathetic attempts. This company is not in the right direction..

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag

OutrightPace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (sold), Lucid Air, MS, M3, '95 NSX
Country flag
I like the ad. Obviously, Porsche feels it is needed to move the metal.

As great a car as it is, the Taycan has simply become too expensive relative to its competition. The depreciation playing out on the used market reflects the same issue.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was at a stoplight the other day when a guy in a landscaping truck mouthed the words "electric Porsche" to his buddy. I'm guessing this was someone otherwise unfamiliar with the vehicle before these ads -- to the uninitiated, this is still a very novel vehicle. Also, I think they need to move some units.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Saw the ad played again today on TNF ie Thursday Night Football for non NFL football fans
Sponsored