First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Looks awesome. The more I see the Mission E wheels, the more I wish I got them
I've got Mission E wheels, they look awesome, but based on the porcshe's online range simulator, they steal ~25 miles from your highway range vs 20 inch turbo wheels (which also look great IMO, and way cheaper).

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Yes if you can get through the wait time. you will have a blast driving it! My 4CT took about 5 months from wait to order. Received end of Dec 2021

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
Yes if you can get through the wait time. you will have a blast driving it! My 4CT took about 5 months from wait to order. Received end of Dec 2021
Is that your car in your profile? Looks hot! Nice one!

f.

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Frisky: Just answered your post on the RRS forum. Welcome to the Taycan family.

-ThinkMac-
🙏 for answering! Seems like your timeline was / is similar to what mine will eventually end up being. I put in my demand order on May 2 and I was told to realistically expect the car to arrive around March 2023.

f.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I have managed to secure a place in the waitlist line for an allocation for a GTS Sport Turismo. Have demand orders at a few dealers, hoping for a July / Aug allocation. ETA of the actual car wont be until at least 10 to 12 months... Im sure many of you had similar wait times.

So the question is simple - now that you have your Taycans - was the wait worth it?
Without a doubt. My Taycan 4S is the best car I’ve ever driven or had. The GTS Sport Turismo is going to be even better. Keep us posted on your build.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Update from an earlier post in this thread. My car was a the dealer for ten days but it’s back home now….two software updates were done (attached) to address the interior alarm issue (that I never had an issue with) and the second to address my vehicle going from Drive to Park at a stoplight. Everything is good to go for now…very happy to have it back! By the way, they took good care of us with the loaner, a nice mini detail and I was able to redeem a gift certificate for a nice Porsche Rain jacket and Porsche Motorsports hat….our dealer is really top notch.

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? 84453ADE-81B2-49D2-ABB3-F2A3EF06A42C

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? E6F9F8E8-CAC8-4F45-ACF0-D5D35F5F0C9E
Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? E4393352-7426-42B2-98F4-5FF6E9A23D56

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update from an earlier post in this thread. My car was a the dealer for ten days but it’s back home now….two software updates were done (attached) to address the interior alarm issue (that I never had an issue with) and the second to address my vehicle going from Drive to Park at a stoplight. Everything is good to go for now…very happy to have it back! By the way, they took good care of us with the loaner, a nice mini detail and I was able to redeem a gift certificate for a nice Porsche Rain jacket and Porsche Motorsports hat….our dealer is really top notch.
Excellent. I thought it might be a software issue... But not sure why it took so long... Maybe Porsche had never seen this bug before and had to get some poor developer to create a patch for it real quick lol.

f.

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag

84453ADE-81B2-49D2-ABB3-F2A3EF06A42C.png

E6F9F8E8-CAC8-4F45-ACF0-D5D35F5F0C9E.jpeg
E4393352-7426-42B2-98F4-5FF6E9A23D56.jpeg
hmmm, yours is about the same age as mine, so I wonder why yours wasn't operating on the latest software such that it needed 2 software updates.

I also have a 2022 RWD, took delivery 2 weeks ago (bought it from a MI dealer and they sent it to me in an enclosed box trailer in western NC). I asked the salesman to make sure before they sent it that the software was up to date, and he said "yes service has confirmed it's running on the latest software".

Anyway, I'm going to put your situation out of my mind and not worry about it happening to me. Meanwhile, responding to OP, my 2022 RWD Taycan is very simply the finest car in terms of fit/finish/drive/steering that I've ever owned. And WOW when I put it in Sports mode it's so fast that braking is quickly needed - makes me wonder how/when the S and Turbo owners use the beastly power theirs produce from the start because no way could I deploy that power during my city driving. Here are a few pics!

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? updated taycan 3
Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? updated taycan
Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? updated taycan 2

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
hmmm, yours is about the same age as mine, so I wonder why yours wasn't operating on the latest software such that it needed 2 software updates.

I also have a 2022 RWD, took delivery 2 weeks ago (bought it from a MI dealer and they sent it to me in an enclosed box trailer in western NC). I asked the salesman to make sure before they sent it that the software was up to date, and he said "yes service has confirmed it's running on the latest software".

Anyway, I'm going to put your situation out of my mind and not worry about it happening to me. Meanwhile, responding to OP, my 2022 RWD Taycan is very simply the finest car in terms of fit/finish/drive/steering that I've ever owned. And WOW when I put it in Sports mode it's so fast that braking is quickly needed - makes me wonder how/when the S and Turbo owners use the beastly power theirs produce from the start because no way could I deploy that power during my city driving. Here are a few pics!

updated taycan 3.jpg
updated taycan.jpg
updated taycan 2.jpg
Gorgeous car! Ours sat at Emden for weeks so quite possible we missed an update….anyhow, all good. Great pics….nice rims too!

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
Gorgeous car! Ours sat at Emden for weeks so quite possible we missed an update….anyhow, all good. Great pics….nice rims too!
So I have managed to secure a place in the waitlist line for an allocation for a GTS Sport Turismo. Have demand orders at a few dealers, hoping for a July / Aug allocation. ETA of the actual car wont be until at least 10 to 12 months... Im sure many of you had similar wait times.

So the question is simple - now that you have your Taycans - was the wait worth it?

Yes, my car took several moths arrive. . It was supposed to be on the Felicity Ace, the ship that caught fire and sank. Fortunately, Porsche was wrong on their info. And my car was later shipped on another ship, un burned. Great car, fast, fit and finish to notch.

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? IMG_3433 (1)

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? IMG_0371

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? IMG_0341

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
I'm less than a week into ownership, the car was delivered on 7 May, and I'd say absolutely worth the wait. Driving the 70 miles back from the dealer was the most fun I've had in a car in many years. Heck, my wife thinks I've lost my mind, in a good way, I even named it :)

Taycan 4S.
taycan_4s.jpg
Beautiful spec!