daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
why the delay - I’m going to speculate the “range” - the Plaid+ was also 500 mile version - I’m thinking more fiction - roadster is also the 600 mile battery - I’m seeing a trend - Elon knows the improved batteries (and therefore range) is coming, just can’t quite nail down quite when…

so the products that depend on the newer battery tech keep getting kicked down the road - in the mean time we continue to churn out products that have largely the same basic approach and tech as the 2013 Model S P85 - LOL
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
why the delay - I’m going to speculate the “range” - the Plaid+ was also 500 mile version - I’m thinking more fiction - roadster is also the 600 mile battery - I’m seeing a trend - Elon knows the improved batteries (and therefore range) is coming, just can’t quite nail down quite
The new (4680) batteries discussed during battery hour seem still more concept than real and what they hoped to get from the Maxwell acquisition is not there yet. See tweets below

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am honestly pro Tesla conceptually (heck I own a Roadster)
I’m pro Tesla if you’re making an informed purchasing decision and understand Tesla’s strengths and weaknesses - it’s a very nuanced purchase with some trade offs (I’ve owned 5 Tesla vehicles) with some advantages lost on critics and short comings ignored by fan boys…they honestly are great cars in the broad extreme but fall short with compared against specific long standing practices of some of the better brands - but the simple fact is most of the time it doesn’t matter and it’s “just a car”…

but for now I’ve loving having enough choice that it’s no longer the only practical EV, I have a Bolt for the Kids, a covertable for the wife, a GT3 as my Track Toy, and a Taycan - not a bad collection of vehicles, each with their individual strengths and weaknesses…

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
The new (4680) batteries discussed during battery hour seem still more concept than real and what they hoped to get from the Maxwell acquisition is not there yet. See tweets below

The CyberTruck relies on the 4680 batteries as well correct? This would be a bigger miss than the Roadster or Plaid+ Model S.

Without the CyberTruck they won't increase sales significantly above where they are are today.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've been watching the beta FSD testers on youtube. I don't know how people think this is anywhere close to a finished product. I understand how members in here like the lane keeping. It does it pretty well. But man, Elon did a great job of selling nothing for 10.000$

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suspected that from beginning, FSD is not possible with the camera visual system only. But they keep on charging suckers $10k for something that will never work.
even if it were to be possible, it'll be significantly harder and handicapped vs. a multi sensor system.

Reactions: Reg

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ve been saying this for year - Tesla auto-pilot is years ahead of every one else, but that’s does’t mean they are anywhere close to full-self-driving…

TESLA ADMITS TO CALIFORNIA DMV THAT THEIR ‘FULL SELF DRIVING’ MODE IS NOT CAPABLE OF AUTONOMOUS DRIVING
Robert Baldwin, writing for Car and Driver:

The Tesla true believers are as convinced that level 5 autonomy is just around the corner as the Qanon kooks are about The Storm.
Qanon’s are tesla haters.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I've been telling most new Tesla owners who are debating wether or not to option FSD, especially at current $10k prices, it's basically a bit of a pyramid scheme because by the time FSD ever achieves the promised fully autonomous driving capability that they will have likely traded in or sold their car for a new one.

Basically one is paying Tesla $10k right now to he a FSD developer and beta tester but probably never fully use the feature while they keep their car.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The Merc boss is showing level 3 FSD while driving new EQS. He says Germany now has written the law to allow FSD level 3 on highways up to 60 km/h and will pass it later this year.
  • Germany, France, and Japan expected to be among the first. But the USA does not follow the same regulatory framework
  • Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Nissan, and Honda are among the carmakers announcing a shift to Level 3 from 2021
Honda seems to have beaten them all!

Last edited:

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
JohnnyCab says, “Please state the nature of your autonomous driving journey”.

Porsche Taycan Tesla admits FSD is a pipe dream 4F91ABC0-E963-4740-A39C-437E1DEC1B53