That 2025 facelift

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It costs a lot more to buy new face lift Taycan! according today's Porsche website. Macan EV is cheaper to get.
Not really, I just priced out the new Taycan to the similar spec as what’s I wanted with the prior Taycan and the price difference was about $5k more, but the new Taycan has the bigger battery and air suspension which wasn’t in my desired spec… so almost a wash.

That said, I don’t really care for the way the new front looks on the RWD. The front is what captivated me on the outgoing Taycan. Sure the Turbo looks great, but that’s out of my price range.

I’m curious what the EPA range is going to be. Is it going to be 13% better (simple capacity difference)… or more?

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
So this is funny, I just checked out the updated configuration page where you can see all the Taycan models.

Where they used to show the HP as 402 w/ overboost launch control with the outgoing base Taycan, they’re now showing the real base HP (321 HP) so it looks like the new one has more HP. The refreshed Taycan has the same 402 HP w/ over boost launch control.

Also, the price of the 2024s increased by $1500. It was like $91k base before, now it’s $92.5k.

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
Not really, I just priced out the new Taycan to the similar spec as what’s I wanted with the prior Taycan and the price difference was about $5k more, but the new Taycan has the bigger battery and air suspension which wasn’t in my desired spec… so almost a wash.

That said, I don’t really care for the way the new front looks on the RWD. The front is what captivated me on the outgoing Taycan. Sure the Turbo looks great, but that’s out of my price range.

I’m curious what the EPA range is going to be. Is it going to be 13% better (simple capacity difference)… or more?
Ok. The price structure might different to the Porsche European sites.

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Ok. The price structure might different to the Porsche European sites.
True, I didn’t think of that. It might also depend on what options you wanted because some stuff I wanted became standard and some stuff I didn’t want was no longer required when selecting other options.

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
From photos online it looks like the NACS connector won’t be on the new 2025. Maybe it will be on the 2026 Taycan?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I am very satisfied that I have the first gen front end styling - I genuinely do not like either the new Turbo nor 'basic' front ends compared to what I have.

Also re pricing mentioned above - first pass on my (albeit heavily spec'd/optioned) 2022 model build the exact same car is coming in close to $10K more.

That Turbo front end is just baffling to me in respect how 'clunky' it looks and as someone already mentioned the body gaps look really crude & ugly to me. But of course always in the eye of the beholder and such a personal opinion.

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.51.51 PM

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.50.48 PM

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.49.56 PM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I am very satisfied that I have the first gen front end styling - I genuinely do not like either the new Turbo nor 'basic' front ends compared to what I have.

Also re pricing mentioned above - first pass on my (albeit heavily spec'd/optioned) 2022 model build the exact same car is coming in close to $10K more.

That Turbo front end is just baffling to me in respect how 'clunky' it looks and as someone already mentioned the body gaps look really crude & ugly to me. But of course always in the eye of the beholder and such a personal opinion.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.51.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.50.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.49.56 PM.png
Im holding judgement until I see it in person. I find that I like my car more in person than the photos I take…

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Im holding judgement until I see it in person. I find that I like my car more in person than the photos I take…
I hear you - however the promo pics are pretty hi res and hard to see it changing that much in person TBH.

On another note, (and apologies - should post in more gen thread) but had not seen too much comment on this - do you really have to set the car to Privacy mode or simply be parked - and surely this is something that could be software upgraded in prior model cars? I'd also TBH have very little use for it but nice at least to have that option.

Porsche Taycan That 2025 facelift Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 1.20.54 PM

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I think it looks more like a Panamera on the front end, and thus less distinctive and less attractive. I like the menacing reptilian look of the .1. But to each their own!
Menacing? I thought more "cute gecko".. (sorry if you can't unsee this now).

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.51.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.50.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.49.56 PM.png
I, too, am curious about the treatment of the front end. I suspect there is an aerodynamic advantage brought by the sharper edges/lines - especially on a concave surface. Was hoping to entice @f1eng to comment?

dstepin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan RWD
Country flag
The infotainment cluster is still all digital on the new Taycan (not sure if this was mentioned before?) They went in the right direction with the Macan EV by reverting the vents to be manually controlled and having buttons on the center console, but the Taycan stays the same. Kind of wonky. The front is sharper, I'm personally indifferent between the old vs new in this case.
Sponsored