Trading MY23 4s CT for a MY22 Turbo S CT - thoughts

Stick to MY23 4S CT or go for the MY22 CT TS?

• Total voters

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
Hi all, greetz from the Netherlands.

I am considering trading/selling my MY23 CT 4s (Dec 2022) with abt 18.000km, see pic, for a very well specced MY22 Turbo S CT with 28.000km (Q4 2021 built).
Coming from a RS5 (stage 3 700bhp 920Nm) and also this CT4s, I feel that the 4s is a bit underpowered in comparison. A fantastic ride though but I miss the "speed" factor.

Just want to hear your opinions, seeing the current market, if forking out €30k+ for the trade would make sense - tech offer wise.

Do I miss out sth as I feel the TS seem relatively "cheap" as compared to the 4s. Is there a particular reason for it why TS and T models drop faster?

Is the MY22 TurboS still a safe bet going forward as compared to ny current 4s as I intend to keep that TS for a longer period as I love driving the Taycan. Speed is not everything, but do miss it.

Any
Porsche Taycan Trading MY23 4s CT for a MY22 Turbo S CT - thoughts Screenshot_20230718_064544_Gallery
feedback would help. I also throw in a poll, please do eleborate on whether to stick to the 4s CT or move to a TS CT.

Many thanks as I can't think rational now :) (like what happens when selecting options).
Sponsored

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
When it comes to electric cars, newer is always better. You do not want to trade a battery for a one year older battery.

If speed isn't important to you, then no point in getting a turbo. The 4S isn't exactly a slouch.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
It seems like you are craving more acceleration. If that’s the case get the Turbo S. Only you can say if it’s worthy he cost for you. Personally I don’t think the difference in speed is worth the cost difference.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
For 30k you could buy a nice Caterham which you'd get more driving thrill from, even if "slower". Hard to justify 30k to shave a second off a 0-60. Gone are the selling for a premium days unfortunately.

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems like you are craving more acceleration. If that’s the case get the Turbo S. Only you can say if it’s worthy he cost for you. Personally I don’t think the difference in speed is worth the cost difference.
Yeah I do like acceleration and I love the Taycan. I would like to stick to the CT model, but more acceleration is what I would value. Just wondering if going back to MY22 is different from my current MY23.
Hard choice.
But the TS CT I have in mind looks brutal as well and "murdered out".
Love the added specs on that TS as well. On the other hand, costly, and perhaps even more write off on the TS? (Original price was abt 240k euro including options...current abt 160k, so 80k off for 18 months old car

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Turbo S - and get a sweet body kit for it!

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Turbo S - and get a sweet body kit for it!
Ohhh mate, my wanna be rational thoughts are gone by now. Hehe.
I will test drive it in 2 weeks or so and will have to judge if it is all worth it.
I came from a 700bhp RS5 B9 with very solid 100 to 200 numbers and quarter mile as well outrunning the TS taycan hence I am looking for a bit more power without "downgrading" to MY22 instead of MT23, having said that not sure how much has changed.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
As far as the year you’re not downgrading anything on the car other then losing a year of warranty. Granted it may be a CPO car which you would actually gain more warranty.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yeah I do like acceleration and I love the Taycan.
haha I am like you and can't get enough of the feeling of press your back onto the seat acceleration. Back then when I bought my 911 C2S, there were periods when I regretted not getting a GTS or turbo but just couldn't accept that big depreciation hit so never did it. This time, I made sure I got the turbo and loving every minute of it.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
have you considered the GTS instead of the TTS? I never had a 700hp RS5 but my gts pulls like hell, 100-200 feels faster than 0-100. Also, the GTS has the same motors as the TTS just tuned down. Just an idea but I am in full support of upgrading from the 4s.

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
have you considered the GTS instead of the TTS? I never had a 700hp RS5 but my gts pulls like hell, 100-200 feels faster than 0-100. Also, the GTS has the same motors as the TTS just tuned down. Just an idea but I am in full support of upgrading from the 4s.
Here in the Netherlands in the current market GTS Turbo or TS pricing is not much diff. I know myself if i get a GTS I would like to have the TS in the end. Terrible. Hehe

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there anyone who upgraded from a 4s or 4 to a turbo or turbo s? World of diff in terms of thrill? Just wondering.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Haven't drove the Turbo but there's 200nm and 135hp power difference so it should feel significantly faster.

I drove 4S and compared to my Panamera TS Hybrid it felt slower on upper end.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Is there anyone who upgraded from a 4s or 4 to a turbo or turbo s? World of diff in terms of thrill? Just wondering.
there is a very noticeable difference. With that being said the 4S has a lot of umph and the upgrade wouldn’t be for everyone. The turbo is my wife’s and I don’t think she has put the throttle even half way down once. So even the base would have probably been enough for her.
Sponsored