Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
will this week be the week.!? so far 3 weeks stuck at Grimsby and counting :crying:
Sponsored

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Mine arrived at the dealership around 10 days after leaving the ship. Collecting it on Saturday

IMG_5671.jpeg

IMG_5672.jpeg
When was yours produced / how long was it at Emden?

Mine was produced on March 4th, and now they are giving me a delivery of vaguely hand waving at late may.

Beauty of a car, and congratulations!

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
will this week be the week.!? so far 3 weeks stuck at Grimsby and counting :crying:

oh no.. to ask a stupid Q.. why are they getting stuck there ? I heard about the cars getting stuck at Emden, but are they also getting held up UK end too? sounds like it !

DJBlack

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Cayenne Coupe, Taycan GTS on order
Country flag
When was yours produced / how long was it at Emden?

Mine was produced on March 4th, and now they are giving me a delivery of vaguely hand waving at late may.

Beauty of a car, and congratulations!
Mine seemed to run smoothly…

original completion date slipped by 2 weeks, but it completed on that exact day (24th March) at which point the car went to stage 4 on“myporsche”.

It then made its way to Emden and the ship left on the 7th April and arrived in the UK on the 10th April. It then arrived at the dealer on the 19th April. I have delayed collection until the 29th though…

Also my car had no stop sales against it so I think I was one of the lucky ones that got it built with the new heater.

My SA did inform me that there are cars that were built a week before mine that are going to sit at Emden waiting for a heater, and Porsche are advising them to tell The customers that their cars won’t be in the UK until September

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh no.. to ask a stupid Q.. why are they getting stuck there ? I heard about the cars getting stuck at Emden, but are they also getting held up UK end too? sounds like it !
well mine has certainly been held up in the UK. It managed to flow through production and Emden relatively hassle-free. I keep getting told the generic answer of "transporter driver shortages". Kind of given up on speculating. Not a lot I can do about it. It arrives when it arrives.

I've not been made aware of any stop sales either.

Frustratingly it would appear that another customer, behind me in the so-called "queue" has actually managed to get their car ahead of me now. My SA thought mine had arrived, called to tell me and then phoned back 10 mins later to say that it in fact wasn't mine but another GTS ST in the same colour. We had to have a laugh about it

and... i even moved to stage 5 on the Tracker thingy two weeks ago. Surely that's a slam dunk your car should be with you

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just had confirmation my car was built last week and is now at Emden, the app is still showing stage 2. Dealer is predicting 3 weeks for them to receive the car.

Chelsea9

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4. Taycan 4S Chalk due May 2023
Country flag
Morning

I ordered in 7th April 2022 with the intention that my Taycan would arrive for 2023 plate 1st March 2023......

I was then told (after I made a call to the dealer) that my date had been put back to completion 5th April expected collection 21st April.

Called today to make sure that completion of vehicle in Germany was as expected and told that new date 15th May. SA mentioned problem with heater matrix or something.

No call telling me this, service pretty poor when spending £110k on car.

Anyway no choice but to wait it out but very frustrating.
An update on my Taycan, latest date for completion in factory is June, 14 months and counting !!!!

t_h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD on order
Country flag
I feel a bit guilty having an order run (thus far) so smoothly.

Ordered on the 20th January, picking up on Wednesday from Porsche Leeds.

ColinM1394

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SST/ Merc SL500/Merc Marco Polo/RR Evoque
Country flag
Odered my 4S ST in May 22, East London estimated March 23 delivery, collected 18/03/23. Quite a wait, but it didnt move about...

1st Porsche - fantastic car...

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
well mine has certainly been held up in the UK. It managed to flow through production and Emden relatively hassle-free. I keep getting told the generic answer of "transporter driver shortages". Kind of given up on speculating. Not a lot I can do about it. It arrives when it arrives.

I've not been made aware of any stop sales either.

Frustratingly it would appear that another customer, behind me in the so-called "queue" has actually managed to get their car ahead of me now. My SA thought mine had arrived, called to tell me and then phoned back 10 mins later to say that it in fact wasn't mine but another GTS ST in the same colour. We had to have a laugh about it

and... i even moved to stage 5 on the Tracker thingy two weeks ago. Surely that's a slam dunk your car should be with you
Sounds like we got screwed in the same batch. I moved to stage 5, 2 weeks ago, and otherwise everything was going slowly.

Not going to lie, extremely unimpressed with my sales agent who I feel has fumbled every stage of the sales process, from dropping racist comments about pedestrians during the test drive, being extremely condisending during the ordering process because he thought I couldn't afford the turbo s, dropping the ball on my order, giving me bad deadlines that another SA assured me wasn't possible, and now I'm needing to chase him down to ask if he has time to figure out why my car has been stuck in Emden for a month.

Honestly trying to buy this car has been the worst customer experience I've ever had with a car dealership.

Newjaytaycan

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan. 4s
Country flag
Sounds like we got screwed in the same batch. I moved to stage 5, 2 weeks ago, and otherwise everything was going slowly.

Not going to lie, extremely unimpressed with my sales agent who I feel has fumbled every stage of the sales process, from dropping racist comments about pedestrians during the test drive, being extremely condisending during the ordering process because he thought I couldn't afford the turbo s, dropping the ball on my order, giving me bad deadlines that another SA assured me wasn't possible, and now I'm needing to chase him down to ask if he has time to figure out why my car has been stuck in Emden for a month.

Honestly trying to buy this car has been the worst customer experience I've ever had with a car dealership.
Yes i had the same problem with my dealership, so rude and arrogance and lie after lie!!

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

We just have to keep telling ourselves, that our patience and tolerance will all be worth it. Hopefully!!

Ever wish you didn't like cars so much and would be happy driving a run-of-the-mill Golf TDI? :)
Sponsored