First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Morning

I ordered in 7th April 2022 with the intention that my Taycan would arrive for 2023 plate 1st March 2023......

I was then told (after I made a call to the dealer) that my date had been put back to completion 5th April expected collection 21st April.

Called today to make sure that completion of vehicle in Germany was as expected and told that new date 15th May. SA mentioned problem with heater matrix or something.

No call telling me this, service pretty poor when spending £110k on car.

Anyway no choice but to wait it out but very frustrating.

Daler

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Ordered mine May 22
Told it would be here March 1st.
Told it had left factory.
After repeated calls to dealership who ignored 4 messages, finally told issue with heater/battery and won’t see until July August.
Repeated attempts to get more info ignored….again.
Assume by car is somewhere in a field in Europe, slowly degrading.
Very poor communication from Porsche, expected much better, looking for an alternative car now.

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
Ordered mine May 22
Told it would be here March 1st.
Told it had left factory.
After repeated calls to dealership who ignored 4 messages, finally told issue with heater/battery and won’t see until July August.
Repeated attempts to get more info ignored….again.
Assume by car is somewhere in a field in Europe, slowly degrading.
Very poor communication from Porsche, expected much better, looking for an alternative car now.
That's really not good. And unfortunately not uncommon too.

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Last week my SA told me he was going on holiday next week, but nothing has been updated with the car, so we agreed to meet after he got back at the end of the month.

I fired off an email to him last friday asking him some questions about the dash camera and some work I would like to do on the car before the honeymoon period really begins.

He never bothered to respond, but another SA saw the email and informed me that not only has my car ready to pick up, it's been there almost 6 days.

Unfortunately I can't pick up the car til Friday, but both excited and pretty pissed off.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Last week my SA told me he was going on holiday next week, but nothing has been updated with the car, so we agreed to meet after he got back at the end of the month.

I fired off an email to him last friday asking him some questions about the dash camera and some work I would like to do on the car before the honeymoon period really begins.

He never bothered to respond, but another SA saw the email and informed me that not only has my car ready to pick up, it's been there almost 6 days.

Unfortunately I can't pick up the car til Friday, but both excited and pretty pissed off.
I would be furious.

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag

Blimey, that is poor. Can I ask which dealer, just in case my is sat waiting to be picked up also…

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm sorry, that's way beyond poor. The more I think about it, the angrier I get and it's not even my car or my dealer. We spend months fantasizing about a car, spending countless hours on youtube channels, on forums like this one, bugging the family, friends, kids, buying useless stuff for the incoming dream, watching transport dates, inquiring about delays and then your SA doesn't tell you about your being in the dealership for a week?

as we would say in portuguese... "MAS ESTÁS A BRINCAR?" (are you joking?)

rant off.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
That seems strange - surely they want your money asap!

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
My dealer has stopped responding, so no updates since I got in the car and went in to the dealership back in Feb. Car shows a VIN and status as produced when inspecting the My Porsche page, but no responses to emails.
I’ve also explained that, and I know this is a first world problem, it would be nice to have some idea of timescale because I have £110k sat waiting which could be in a fixed term account earning money. Nothing.

Chelsea9

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4. Taycan 4S Chalk due May 2023
Country flag
My dealer has stopped responding, so no updates since I got in the car and went in to the dealership back in Feb. Car shows a VIN and status as produced when inspecting the My Porsche page, but no responses to emails.
I’ve also explained that, and I know this is a first world problem, it would be nice to have some idea of timescale because I have £110k sat waiting which could be in a fixed term account earning money. Nothing.
To be fair my dealer does keep me updated. Not always what I want to hear as the date keeps getting pushed back (Latest date June...), but at least some line of communication.

Suppose like anything some are better (or worse) than others.

As you say when you are spending over £100k you expect better.

Last edited:

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I believe mine is now at the port in Germany. no idea of shipping schedules though.

Daler

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I believe mine is now at the port in Germany. no idea of shipping schedules though.
Apparently mine is in a Porsche storage unit in Germany and I’m not likely to see it until September!!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Apparently mine is in a Porsche storage unit in Germany and I’m not likely to see it until September!!
Did you want it sooner?

Feel for you - very frustrating.
Sponsored