Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Taycan 4S (On Order)
Country flag
Started production 16th September, then had an email 29th September saying it was at the port. Arrived in UK Tuesday.

Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I might need to eat my words then :). OPC said 'Ignore that email - Sorry - Everyone is getting them - Your car is still waiting in Emden'
Sorry I came across a bit blunt then! I think mine was one of the first to have the battery on the production line, not having to be retro fitted. Hoping I might have it by the end of next week but might be a bit too optimistic. Hoping yours gets a battery soon, and we can all enjoy the cars!!

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
Sorry I came across a bit blunt then! I think mine was one of the first to have the battery on the production line, not having to be retro fitted. Hoping I might have it by the end of next week but might be a bit too optimistic. Hoping yours gets a battery soon, and we can all enjoy the cars!!
I think mine was made in July. Are they attempting to make 40K cars per annum? This might mean I have 6000+ cars parked in front of mine :) :)

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
I might need to eat my words then :). OPC said 'Ignore that email - Sorry - Everyone is getting them - Your car is still waiting in Emden'
I had the same, OPC said ignore, they also said stored cars would be getting the batteries first to free up space…………who knows 🙈

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I had the same, OPC said ignore, they also said stored cars would be getting the batteries first to free up space…………who knows 🙈
I am not surprised dealers may be telling customers who have a car in storage that their car is getting the battery first, particularly if they are annoyed, but it seems not and it is the preferable Porsche business case to give them to the production line until there are some batteries surplus to production line requirements.
Sadly for those of us who are stuck.

Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am not surprised dealers may be telling customers who have a car in storage that their car is getting the battery first, particularly if they are annoyed, but it seems not and it is the preferable Porsche business case to give them to the production line until there are some batteries surplus to production line requirements.
Sadly for those of us who are stuck.
I would say they’re keeping production going whilst also retro fitting batteries. They couldn’t keep leaving them out as they would never catch up I imagine, this way no nee cars are added to the pile.

Sir

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Started production 16th September, then had an email 29th September saying it was at the port. Arrived in UK Tuesday.
I had the same email on Tuesday saying car had arrived at Sheerness. Must have been on the same boat!! Not sure how long it'll take to get on the road to the dealer but hoping not more than a couple of weeks now!!

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Personally, I'd take anything a dealer says with a pinch of salt. I was told "March 2022 at the latest". I am reading now though that current delays for my model/options are part specific (Meridan sound system/23" wheel choice), so maybe another model will arrive quicker.

My Porsche Taycan arrived earlier than expected. Was originally told November 2022 but I've been in it since August. My Range Rover is anyone's guess, I just checked, and my order was placed exactly 11months ago today. 5th to order from that particular showroom.
My Range is now "in build"...but without the Signature Audio system - a whole drama!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I would say they’re keeping production going whilst also retro fitting batteries. They couldn’t keep leaving them out as they would never catch up I imagine, this way no nee cars are added to the pile.
I am sure they are dealing with the backlog as soon as the battery supply rate exceeds the production line required rate.
It isn’t something they would slow or stop the production line for, I am sure.

Kippax

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tursimo
Country flag
I had the same email on Tuesday saying car had arrived at Sheerness. Must have been on the same boat!! Not sure how long it'll take to get on the road to the dealer but hoping not more than a couple of weeks now!!
I received this email this morning after prompting; "The car is still at Sheerness but as of this morning had gone through it's Pre-Delivery Inspection and completed Quality Control. Tomorrow, it will likely move onto "Assigned to Load" where the car will be assigned a transporter to come over to the Centre" I daren't ask about Bose. He hasn't mentioned anything.

Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received this email this morning after prompting; "The car is still at Sheerness but as of this morning had gone through it's Pre-Delivery Inspection and completed Quality Control. Tomorrow, it will likely move onto "Assigned to Load" where the car will be assigned a transporter to come over to the Centre" I daren't ask about Bose. He hasn't mentioned anything.
Just spoke to dealer and mine is still at Grimsby port?? Said he hopes it’ll be with them in next few days. It’s been sitting there a week now. Once they get it he said between 2-3 days for me to drive it away! So close and yet so far. Have you managed to look on my Porsche on a laptop as you can check your spec. Mine has got Bose system so I would say yours would also have it.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Just spoke to dealer and mine is still at Grimsby port?? Said he hopes it’ll be with them in next few days. It’s been sitting there a week now. Once they get it he said between 2-3 days for me to drive it away! So close and yet so far. Have you managed to look on my Porsche on a laptop as you can check your spec. Mine has got Bose system so I would say yours would also have it.
They ship to Grimsby for the Northern dealers and Sheerness for Southern.

Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They ship to Grimsby for the Northern dealers and Sheerness for Southern.
Ah thanks for the info. Had an email late today saying car is due at dealers on Thursday, and I should be ok to pick it up next Tuesday all being well.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Ah thanks for the info. Had an email late today saying car is due at dealers on Thursday, and I should be ok to pick it up next Tuesday all being well.
Getting very close now!!!

When did it arrive in Grimsby?
Sponsored