UK order status and delays?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I spoke to my dealer today to get an update on my car - previous delivery date to dealer was 28th March, but this has now slipped to 2nd May, probably linked to the heater issue.

I guess I’d prefer for the issue to be resolved before production rather than my dealer having to take the car apart to retrofit the new part. However, at least that way I’d be entitled to a courtesy car to keep me mobile.

Anyone else heard of any delivery delays with their vehicles?
Sponsored

Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I spoke to my dealer today to get an update on my car - previous delivery date to dealer was 28th March, but this has now slipped to 2nd May, probably linked to the heater issue.

I guess I’d prefer for the issue to be resolved before production rather than my dealer having to take the car apart to retrofit the new part. However, at least that way I’d be entitled to a courtesy car to keep me mobile.

Anyone else heard of any delivery delays with their vehicles?
Oh No! This doesn’t bode well for me as my due date is/was 17th March. No word yet if mines delayed but no progression either. do you know whether the delay is caused by failing quality control? Do you Have a VIN yet?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh No! This doesn’t bode well for me as my due date is/was 17th March. No word yet if mines delayed but no progression either. do you know whether the delay is caused by failing quality control? Do you Have a VIN yet?
i don’t have a VIN yet.

The irony is that I bought a new ‘23’ plate for the car, expecting it to arrive in early 2023 and having to wait to register it on 1st March. At this rate, I might end up with a ‘73’ plate instead!

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Mine was slated for production March 2nd-23rd, delivery April 23rd. I've already recieved the Vin number, but otherwise no communication from porsche.

Will call tomorrow to check everything is still fine so I can schedule my ppf.

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Mine’s been pushed back a week from 24th Feb to 3rd March for delivery to the dealer… I do know the car is at Grimsby though.

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
i don’t have a VIN yet.

The irony is that I bought a new ‘23’ plate for the car, expecting it to arrive in early 2023 and having to wait to register it on 1st March. At this rate, I might end up with a ‘73’ plate instead!
I could only see the VIN on the desktop site not within the app… have you checked both?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I could only see the VIN on the desktop site not within the app… have you checked both?
Yes, I can’t see anything yet.

I also note that the MyPorsche desktop shows an old configuration, not the final one that was submitted and which my SA ensures me is the 'live' one.

So I'm not going to take too much notice of the app.

Last edited:

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Had word today that my car pushed back also. No other info at this stage. Was due into dealer 10th March. Now a 1-2 week delay according to SA although not seeing this on the app. 🤔

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had word today that my car pushed back also. No other info at this stage. Was due into dealer 10th March. Now a 1-2 week delay according to SA although not seeing this on the app. 🤔
Sorry to hear that, but a bit relieved that I’m not on my own with this!

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, but a bit relieved that I’m not on my own with this!
My spidey senses tell me he knew but wasn’t willing/ able to share More.
Given all the heater issues im not overly surprised.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My spidey senses tell me he knew but wasn’t willing/ able to share More.
Given all the heater issues im not overly surprised.
Much better to get it addressed at the build stage at the factory, rather than retrofit by the dealer, I think.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Production. of Taycan CT4S number 2 has moved from end Feb to March 9th. Goodness knows when it will arrive at OPC. Meanwhile dealer selling number 1 which is probably well sorted out now.

Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Production. of Taycan CT4S number 2 has moved from end Feb to March 9th. Goodness knows when it will arrive at OPC. Meanwhile dealer selling number 1 which is probably well sorted out now.
What stage are you at with MyPorsche?

Richs99

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Boxster S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Have to admit, I'm completely baffled by the updates from my SA.

My car has been built and is at Emden waiting for a ferry, but there's seemingly not going to be a delay for any heater issues.

So I guess that means one of 4 things:

1) They managed to put in a revised heater part when they built the car last week (do they even have a new non-faulty version?)
2) He expects it to be held to be fixed before it's delivered, but that isn't 100% confirmed yet so he isn't telling me
3) He knows it's going to be delayed further but isn't telling me yet in case I flip my lid (again)
4) They are just going to give me the car with a faulty heater and hope it doesn't break

Any thoughts?
Sponsored