Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . .

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
My Taycan 4S goes for service in 3 days due to a rattling noise I can hear from the passenger side “door” area. Based on the seat comments mentioned here do you folks think it may be the seat? I’ve not tried to move the seat, and since 99% of my driving is alone, I can’t really pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

It sounds like the front passenger door, but to say it isn’t from the seat base would be a lie — again, noise happens while driving (rougher roads induce it more).
I have pretty much the same rattling noise, coming from the driver's door. It actually comes from the LED bar vibrating in the inner door panel... Should be fixed soon (I hope).
Sponsored

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have pretty much the same rattling noise, coming from the driver's door. It actually comes from the LED bar vibrating in the inner door panel... Should be fixed soon (I hope).
Thanks. I'll mention to them tomorrow AM when I drop it off. Perhaps mine is the same issue!

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I'll mention to them tomorrow AM when I drop it off. Perhaps mine is the same issue!
I actually figured it out myself: the rattling disappears as soon as I put a finger on the LED bar while driving on a bumpy road. It may seem a bit of a silly test but at least I'm 100% sure it comes from the LED bar :)

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In my case the rattle was not from the bar itself but from the point where the led gets into the wire harness. The led strip is a hard plastic that rubs to the black plastic of the harness. You cannot add felt tape between the too i.e. inside the harness. Adding felt tape to the led strip helps because it minimizes the movement (that is why the rattle stops when you push) but the rattle came back after a few weeks. I also found out that adding tape and other hacky ways to keep the harness from moving (not the led bar) helps more.

I plan to ask the dealer to replace the whole thing instead of taping it next time I visit for another reason.

Ask your dealer to check if the rattle is coming from inside the harness and if it does ask them to replace instead of tape it or whatever.

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In my case the rattle was not from the bar itself but from the point where the led gets into the wire harness. The led strip is a hard plastic that rubs to the black plastic of the harness. You cannot add felt tape between the too i.e. inside the harness. Adding felt tape to the led strip helps because it minimizes the movement (that is why the rattle stops when you push) but the rattle came back after a few weeks. I also found out that adding tape and other hacky ways to keep the harness from moving (not the led bar) helps more.

I plan to ask the dealer to replace the whole thing instead of taping it next time I visit for another reason.

Ask your dealer to check if the rattle is coming from inside the harness and if it does ask them to replace instead of tape it or whatever.
Thanks for your input! I'll ask my dealer and keep you posted :)

rparsons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volco XC90 Inscription Pro, 4S Build Slot reserved
Country flag
Mine has just spent second day at the dealer for the same issue. I though it was the door card and didn’t consider the LED bar. Passenger side with Aluminium trim in my case. Will let you know the outcome when they tell me it’s fixed

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Mine is in now. The guy at the desk took the info about the b pillar and doors rattling at certain frequencies and thus being unable to listen to some songs without it sounding like the car is falling apart.

Hoping it gets fixed. If I come back there and they say they couldn't hear anything I'm going to go ballistic. It's gotten to the point where I get seriously annoyed when using the car and having to skip multiple songs or turn the volume way down.

/venting. ?

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Update here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...unds-from-the-interior.3365/page-3#post-50908

Went and got it.

They claimed to have heard the rattling and fixed it, but now it is WAY worse. To the point where I don't even want to drive it anymore. It almost sounds like the speakers are loose. It's way more muted while at a standstill, but while driving it is egregious.

Calling them tomorrow when they open at 8am and will be demanding they fix this the same day (tomorrow). This is totally unacceptable. Will also tell them I will be taking one of their mechanics for a drive this time so they can truly hear it. Earlier today I only got a guy that barely looked up from his computer and just asked for the keys. I had to ask if he even wanted to know what the problems were.

They also damaged the door card and asked if I wanted it fixed or a new door card. Will obviously ask for a new one, what the fuck?!

This was at Porsche Service Center Bergen, by the way.

Last edited:

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
This was at Porsche Service Center Bergen, by the way.
Did PSC Bergen use tone generator in their search?
PSC A&B did not know of the tool and did the search the regular way - test driving
They did find something, but it was not in the direction I pointed out. I tip the PCS about the Tone Generator app. Hopefully, they can use it for the next customer.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
No idea what they did. They did blast the audio settings to 5 bass 9 treble. Thankfully they didn't blow any tweeters... that I can hear.

Just took a test drive just to get my info as succinct as possible and now I could not get it anywhere near as bad as it was on the drive home. :S There's still very audible rattling and vibrations, but less than before I went in... no clue how. The driver side door card is more audible than before now however. Tested on main road, back roads around a mountain, and on various suspension settings just to make sure

Will call them in a bit and explain how it's not gone, just different. Will also explain how it was yesterday.

Guess I can calm down a little. For now... if it's now becoming intermittent it might be very hard to fix... :/

They still have to do the door card. Couldn't find where the damage was, however I didn't exactly look very hard for it. Seeing how bad a users seat bolster crease was "fixed" it'll definitely be wanting a new one.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Okay they had no spots open but took my car anyway. Mechanic got in the car with me and I played my own songs to show it off and now it was worse than earlier today. He suspects also the window elevator cable.

Great service so far sans the work itself (so far). Hopefully they fix it.

They've also ordered a new panel for the right back door. It has a damn hole in it.

Now I'm going to sit here for a while and wait.

EDIT:

Fixed! Sort of.

No rattling while we tested it after he was done. He taped up some cables in there. As soon as I drove off it came back, but only on the passenger side. I made a u-turn and they did another check. The guy told me they had fixed what they could and it now just seemed like I need a new speaker so they ordered one. ;(

Now I hear it all the time, not only during deep bass soooo... I suspect they ruined it while testing. Oh well.

Seems like it's mostly cables that are either not taped up at all, or not well enough. Oh and maybe the speakers themselves. Maybe.

Forgot to ask how long it would take for them to get that speaker, but no matter. The issue will hopefully be resolved when that gets installed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Porsche Center Son have now fixed all my issues with rattling sounds, and it’s now quiet from those background disturbances. They mounted some vibration lowering material in all the four doors, and also changed a Burmester speaker with had noticeable distortion. As mentioned before, this people are very eager to dig until the find what the problems are and then solve them, even do so in great service with a smile. I really am pleased with this guys, and confident I bought my Porsche the right place.

Never say never I will not have another issue on my Turbo S, as it is with all vehicles on wheels, but I’m confident those matters will be taken care of in the same welcoming way as before . . . I might say usual. This all make my Porsche more enjoyable, when everything is working so smoothly. I don’t think I ever had a car I look forward to drive, as much as I do with this one - I’m one lucky dude :rock:

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Porsche Center Son have now fixed all my issues with rattling sounds, and it’s now quiet from those background disturbances. They mounted some vibration lowering material in all the four doors, and also changed a Burmester speaker with had noticeable distortion.
Good to hear that they found a way to fix these issues. I guess there is bound to be some faults in one speaker as a minority case. Happens perhaps if 5hey re not correctly burnt in.

worse is however that they had to mount vibration lowering material in parts of the door. That would mean all Taycan have the same issue. Perhaps enhanced by high quality powerful Burmester speakers?? But Bose can also pump out some high volumes?

Should we expect a recall to have the treatment on all cars? I think we should!

Armyav8tor

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
For the guys with the door panel LED light strip rattles, did you tell the dealer to fix it or did you open the door panel yourself? I have the same issue with the passenger door and I would prefer to fix it myself (have stealership trust issues). From watching the video in the OP, looks like there's this little access panel you pop open at the top door panel. Anyone have instructions?

Edit: found 2 videos on Youtube. Still would be interested to know how to stop the rattles coming from the light strip. Else, I'm just going to pull the panel off and see if I can figure it out myself.
Sponsored

Last edited: