Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . .

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I actually have some annoying rattles that have developed as well. I think there's also a loose screw that rolls around when I accelerate. Both sounds are coming from the center console, I think. I wonder if anyone else has experienced something similar? Most people seem to mention the seats or the doors themselves rattling, but I haven't seen anyone else mention the center console.

That being said, it's also hard to diagnose a rattle when you're driving (and of course, it sort of requires driving over rough road to reproduce it). How do you guys diagnose these issues? Have someone else drive your car while you sit in the passenger seat and try and figure out where it's coming from?
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
My 4SCT has just developed a creaky drivers seat after 900 miles!!!
Did you manage to get your seat sorted? Thanks.
I had this almost from the get go and the OPC were very much au fait with it and replaced a part (I think it was in the seat base from memory) which they had pre-ordered for my appointment.

Reactions: OJC

OJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (for sale), Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I had this almost from the get go and the OPC were very much au fait with it and replaced a part (I think it was in the seat base from memory) which they had pre-ordered for my appointment.
Thank you for coming back to me. Good to hear they remedied things. I’ll speak to them and see about getting it fixed.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for coming back to me. Good to hear they remedied things. I’ll speak to them and see about getting it fixed.
Pleasure, they very much gave me the impression that they knew what the fault was caused by before they’d even seen my car so I suspect it’s a common thing. Hope you get it sorted promptly.

OJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pleasure, they very much gave me the impression that they knew what the fault was caused by before they’d even seen my car so I suspect it’s a common thing. Hope you get it sorted promptly.
Sounds positive. My experiences so far with our OPC have been really good. I had a door card replaced on our 4S with no issue, other than a 2 month wait for the item from the factory.

I’ll pick up with them in the new year.

Oakhome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'65 S-Type; '06 325; '20 Taycan; '18 991
So here´s the tip:

Imo the tip should never be to watch a guugle video.

What worked for me, however, is to make your own video. Not for the joy of guugle, but to document it to Porsche. Helps them address the issue quicker.

As such, so far its helped me to speedy resolution of two rattles. Now why there are these rattles in the first place on a premium Chinese brand .. well ...

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Imo the tip should never be to watch a guugle video.

What worked for me, however, is to make your own video. Not for the joy of guugle, but to document it to Porsche. Helps them address the issue quicker.

As such, so far its helped me to speedy resolution of two rattles. Now why there are these rattles in the first place on a premium Chinese brand .. well ...
This is very much the case with my OPC. They’ve asked me for videos/recordings of the two, as yet, unresolved rattles/vibrations in order to even get it booked in.

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
My 4SCT has just developed a creaky drivers seat after 900 miles!!!
Did you manage to get your seat sorted? Thanks.
There is a fix apparently for the seats. Adjusting it slightly does stop it but it tends at least for me to occur when the seat is set low down. Very annoying. Unfortunately when I last took it to my OPC it was not creaking and they would not accept a video of it creaking.

OJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is a fix apparently for the seats. Adjusting it slightly does stop it but it tends at least for me to occur when the seat is set low down. Very annoying. Unfortunately when I last took it to my OPC it was not creaking and they would not accept a video of it creaking.
Thanks. Glad to hear that there's a fix and I remain hopeful that getting the OPC to remedy will be straightforward.

I did have a play with the adjustments earlier (18 way seats) but I couldn't get it to stop creaking. In fact I can make it creak by flexing back into the seat....

It's annoying but nowhere near as bad as the creaking door card I had previously! :angry:

Rob_UK

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had a creaking seat and after two failed attempts my OPC ordered a new seat base and everything resolved.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
I've asked my dealer to fix it for me. Should be taken care of pretty soon (I hope).
I've actually thought of doing it myself, but I don't want to take the risk of damaging anything (even though the procedure looks simple from the videos I've seen so far).
Hi Man, I have exactly same problem as you have, the LED light strip causing rattle, which is really annoying. I put some form around strip, it helped but not totally solved the problem. Have you solved the problem already, if yes, can you share a bit more how it was solved finally? Really appreciated.
Sponsored