Where do you keep your car?

Starlight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
207cc
Country flag
I love the Taycan and I am considering it as a choice along with the BMW i4, but because the Taycan is so wide and long, it will not fit in my double garage! The door access is 2m wide and the taycan is almost that. The garage length is 5m, but I know the Taycan is almost that length too!

My driveway is really long and can fit probably 5 taycans.... but for my most expensive car purchase, it would drive me crazy knowing that it is outdoors in all weathers in the UK, when my current £1000 car has been kept and pampered in my garage for 14 years! (it's a fairly new build house with double garage - two door access - see pic). I also wanted the charger to be in the garage too:(

So my question is, where do you guys keep your Taycan?
Will keeping it outdoors affect the battery life and increase insurance premiums?

Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

Porsche Taycan Where do you keep your car? IMG_6079
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
In the garage, similar design as yours but luckily long and wide enough to make it practical for my Taycan. You could get a frameless door, and could a short rearward extension be practical?
(PS for the social engineers: my garage is alarmed and patrolled by machinegun-toting velociraptors.)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
In a 350+ space underground car park under my apartment.

After many (many!) presentations and lobbying our management company – I got permission to install a three-phase EVSE/charger mounted on to a pillar beside my car space.

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
We have a three car garage with a double door and a single door. The Taycan is parked centered in the double door section. I just measured. We have 7 feet (2m) on each side (left/right) of the car and 2.5 feet (0.75m) on each side (front/back).

And my wife absolutely refuses to give up any of that space to anything else. So, when we get a third car, something’s going outside (and it won’t be her Taycan). Might be me depending on how much I spend on the third car…

Last edited:

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
I love the Taycan and I am considering it as a choice along with the BMW i4, but because the Taycan is so wide and long, it will not fit in my double garage! The door access is 2m wide and the taycan is almost that. The garage length is 5m, but I know the Taycan is almost that length too!

My driveway is really long and can fit probably 5 taycans.... but for my most expensive car purchase, it would drive me crazy knowing that it is outdoors in all weathers in the UK, when my current £1000 car has been kept and pampered in my garage for 14 years! (it's a fairly new build house with double garage - two door access - see pic). I also wanted the charger to be in the garage too:(

Will keeping it outdoors affect the battery life and increase insurance premiums?

Thanks

IMG_6079.jpg
Mine's in the garage and did make small difference to the insurance premium. However I think having it on the driveway will make it more palatable from an insurers perspective rather than on street.
As for the charger, opted for mine on side of garage (so unseen) with the logic being that it would still be accessible even if car wasn't garaged....as well to other cars in the household in the future.
My charging cable just about slips under the door so I can do either option....charge inside garage or out

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag

Thanks

IMG_6079.jpg
Keep mine on a South East London street. Haven't used it since the 15th of July. 🔋 Dropped from 97% to 95% to date.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Would you consider redesigning your garage door system i.e. but a header beam across entrance to take load and remove central pillar and install a single two-car garage door ?

Not sure if removing the central pillar would still be enough to comfortably fit two cars in there, you'd have to measure etc but suspect you'd get a lot more use of the garage with a single door?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine lives happily on the drive, as the garage is now a gym. It wouldn't fit anyway.

Its fine outdoors in the UK regard battery etc.
👍
Preheat is useful in winter when it's frosty to defrost the car.

And I was told its cheaper to insure on the drive than in the garage (town house) due to the risk of smashing into a house wall when parking in the garage!

Porsche Taycan Where do you keep your car? 20220310_090259

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I have a single and a double garage but squeeze my Taycan into the single….because my wife shouldn’t park in a single. It’s tight and requires folding in the mirrors and a front stop device (see pic). With care and a great front camera it works like a charm. Even in a nice neighborhood i wouldn’t want to leave my beauty outside.

Porsche Taycan Where do you keep your car? BE519695-11DC-4E6A-9A1C-090A1D5343C5

Porsche Taycan Where do you keep your car? 73BB002C-5315-4E67-8766-21DB57570798

Porsche Taycan Where do you keep your car? C84E259F-8111-45E8-B0DE-36E302E54348

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My brothers cars (and motor bikes / scooters) only come out of his garage a couple of times a year, when it's sunny and he immediately cleans them before they go back in for their next hibernation.

I don't see the point. He's always done that as long as I can remember. I just enjoy mine.

I saw his Focus RS for the first time a couple of weeks back and he has had it ages.
It was in the pub car park and I said I knew it was his as it looked scared being outdoors and was squinting in the sunlight 🤣

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Mine, when it arrives, will live on the driveway. The garage is reserved for husband’s 80yr old Jeep. 🙂

OP
OP

Starlight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
207cc
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Some great pics there, thanks!
Yes, after I do a test drive, if I still love the taycan so much, I might get a quote to see how much it will cost to have the central pillar removed and one big double door fitted.

VolcanoGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo, G63, Mini (Electric)
Country flag
3 car garage with a single massive door. Porsche, G63 and tucked all the way on the side is an electric Mini.
Sponsored