tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Neither my Wifi/Bluetooth function (randomly) are not available. Usually rebooting the PCM (via engineering mode) works, but that hasn't helped today and I rebooted a few times.

This has also resulted in CarPlay (wired in using USB) also refusing to load.

Its not very clear from the pics here but both the Wifi and Bluetooth option are greyed out and if you attempt to tick the box you get the "Function not available".

Anybody get this?

Porsche Taycan Wifi/Bluetooth function not available IMG_0012
Porsche Taycan Wifi/Bluetooth function not available IMG_0013

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just realised there is more impacted:
  • Bluetooth & Wifi options disabled.
  • Phone won't connect to PCM.
  • CarPlay both wired and wireless fails to start.
  • Porsche Connect website and app shows "out of date" data – suggesting car isn't sending latest data.
  • Apple Music/Podcasts service not available.
  • Intermittent reporting of the SOS Emergency Phone not available and the light on the roof turning red.
  • Weather service disabled.

Is this looking like OTA Communications Module failure ?

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dropped my car up to my Porsche Centre – its scheduled for 22kW charger replacement today – and was expecting to bring this issue up. But nope, this morning after three days of no connectivity, everything was hunky dory today. Typical!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Dropped my car up to my Porsche Centre – its scheduled for 22kW charger replacement today – and was expecting to bring this issue up. But nope, this morning after three days of no connectivity, everything was hunky dory today. Typical!
Luck of the Irish!

Siress

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 93 928GTS, 94 911 C2, 93 500E
Country flag
Neither my Wifi/Bluetooth function (randomly) are not available. Usually rebooting the PCM (via engineering mode) works, but that hasn't helped today and I rebooted a few times.

This has also resulted in CarPlay (wired in using USB) also refusing to load.

Its not very clear from the pics here but both the Wifi and Bluetooth option are greyed out and if you attempt to tick the box you get the "Function not available".

Anybody get this?

IMG_0012.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg
My Car went off line Aug 5th 2021, exact same issues. Called Porsche Support, they have no idea. what is going on. Did you get a solution?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same here - Thursday Sept 9 all was well. Friday Sept 10, no Bluetooth, Wifi, Carplay, SOS call, no LTE data connection, news and weather apps grayed out, Smart Lift not working, telematics out of date since Thursday, vehicle time not auto updating. I believe these are all related to the gateway module. Porsche support unable to address this remotely and is suggesting to take it to the dealer.

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I had this happen last week, took it in and it turns out that my Communication Module has failed. It is booked in for next Monday (Jan 3rd) to have it replaced. It took out my GPS as well as Innodrive and "Hey Porsche" among other things when it sh*t the bed. Really annoying that it took out even the ability to play media off of a plugged in phone but there you go.

FMO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (MY21)
Country flag
hi all - any more feedback on this I issue? It happens to me from time to time including today - so annoying as I had to take calls through the phone speaker and no CarPlay etc … do I need to take my car in?!

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Same issue
Can you tell us what you are seeing? Did you only lose CarPlay, or did you lose more car functions like smartlift, etc.?
I used to see a loss of CarPlay 2 or 3 times per week. But after the WNA5 update, the bluetooth connection to my iPhone is 99% reliable and CarPlay works 99% of the time.

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can you tell us what you are seeing? Did you only lose CarPlay, or did you lose more car functions like smartlift, etc.?
I used to see a loss of CarPlay 2 or 3 times per week. But after the WNA5 update, the bluetooth connection to my iPhone is 99% reliable and CarPlay works 99% of the time.
I can go check in a few, but my phone icon and navigation appear to mess up at the same time. The "connecting to phone" just spins and never connects and when I try to "ADD NEW DEVICE" it "presses" but doesn't actually do anything. I've had this happen where it will take multiple minutes sometimes to work but this last time out it never would, even after leaving the car and coming back after an hour or so.

Regular radio works, siriusXM works but my bluetooth phone connection will not restore. One other odd piece of info, if I go to switch into GUEST profile, it always says "PRIVATE MODE IS ON" and I deactivate it each time.

I don't use CarPlay (Android here) so I can't comment on that in my case!

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
... my phone icon and navigation appear to mess up at the same time. The "connecting to phone" just spins and never connects and when I try to "ADD NEW DEVICE" it "presses" but doesn't actually do anything. I've had this happen where it will take multiple minutes sometimes to work but this last time out it never would, even after leaving the car and coming back after an hour or so.
Yes, that is what I used to see a couple of times per week.
Then I brought my car in for a recall notice (WNA5) and since then, the connection to my iphone has been solid (mostly). Maybe once a month I get the 'Add new device' but mostly the connection to my phone is good.
Someone on this forum speculated that the connection issue was resolved after the service department rebooted the PCM, and the solution was not due to the WNA5 update..
In any event, it can't hurt to arrange a service call and see if they can fix this. I know how annoying it is.

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, that is what I used to see a couple of times per week.
Then I brought my car in for a recall notice (WNA5) and since then, the connection to my iphone has been solid (mostly). Maybe once a month I get the 'Add new device' but mostly the connection to my phone is good.
Someone on this forum speculated that the connection issue was resolved after the service department rebooted the PCM, and the solution was not due to the WNA5 update..
In any event, it can't hurt to arrange a service call and see if they can fix this. I know how annoying it is.
Will have to see if it goes away and if not will bring it in! I've already had the WNA5 update and no fix from that :( Was doing before and after

verhoevengeo

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4 CT
Country flag
Any update on this how to resolve? I have the same issue. Bluetooth is off for mostly 30min after start and then it suddenly connects.
Sponsored