cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Reifendirekt is part of delti.com which has internetshops many countries. If you check their shops in the nordic countries (sweden, norway, finland etc) they do have the R3 in stock.
There however seem to be limited numbers available that may be the reason why they are not currently available in the german and swiss version of their online store.

https://www.dackonline.se/rshop/Dac...45-R20-103R-XL--Nordiska-vinterdaeck/R-411320

https://www.dackonline.se/rshop/Dac...40-R20-108R-XL--Nordiska-vinterdaeck/R-411321
Has anyone had any success getting these online shops to ship tires to the US?

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Has anyone tried this? Vredstein wintrac pros area available in those sizes.

Has anyone tried this? Vredstein has wintrac pros is this size. I ran them on an RS6 Last year and they were decent
I've tried it now and it works.. answering my own question!

These are

20x9 et 49 O.Z. Hyper XT HLT
20x11 et 55 O.Z. Hyper XT HLT

With

Pirelli Scorpion Winter - 245/45r20 front and 275/40r20 rear

The offset puts them 5mm further out than stock and the rears are .3" shorter than stock, but all seems good with fitment.

While everything is in low supply, I found the 275 rears to give me far more options and the narrow tires probably make more sense in the snow. They're only a sligh stretch on the 11"-wide rims, but totally within the spec of the tire adn they look decent.

I was going to paint the wheels satin platinum, but with cold temps this week decided it was more important to get useable rubber on the car.

My ideal setup would have been 20" Turbo Aero Wheels painted satin black (like the cold weather test mules) with spacers, but I couldn't wait around to find the right deal and locale on used ones. I'll miss the Aurum Cross Turismo Designs, but the O.Z.s look decent and I'm thinking they'll be good for track tires in the summer.

Porsche Taycan Winter tires IMG-0955

Porsche Taycan Winter tires IMG-0954

Porsche Taycan Winter tires IMG-0953

Porsche Taycan Winter tires IMG-0952

Porsche Taycan Winter tires IMG-0951

Canadian204

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ MY20
Country flag
If actually wrote that the Alpin is good fo the conditions its made for which high speed driving on mostly wet non snow covered roads paired with acceptable performance on lightly snow covered roads.

I would however not want them in harsher weather conditions. The rubber compound is too hard and the tread pattern is not made for huge amounts of snow, its design is actually more similar to a racing tyre made for rain. Therefore it will get clogged when there is too much snow.

Here i nordic countries where the winter often is much longer and harsher than in Switzerland ? we also get something called black ice which is when snow and ice melts and then refreeze forming an invisble ice layer on the road surface. Brake performance of light winter tires on this kind of surface condtions is not very good.

It has been proven repeatedly in tests done over the years by auto magazines that there is a huge difference between the winter tires made for light winters vs harsh winters.

The tire manufacturers themselves also recommend different tires depending on geographic location and driving conditions.

There are offcourse drawbacks with real winter tires such as R3 or studded Hakkapelitta. On wet and dry asphalt with no snow and when the temperature is above 10 C the soft rubber compound and the treadpattern will make them feel mushy and handle much worse than for instance Alpin. The max speed rating of the R3 is also much lower.

One should always try to choose the winter tire most appropriate for the geographic location and weather condtions you intend to use them in.
In some places Alpin and similar tires make most sense while in places where the winter is harsh R3 or even studded tires is a much wiser choice.
the Michelin Alpin PA4 I have a good amount of experience with. I’ve used it on my other car for about 20,000km’s now. I’m in the middle of Canada not east coast or west coast but the cold Prairies I know a thing or two about cold climate ;) . I’ve used Nokia Hakka 8 studded before this, Sottozero 3’s and Sottozero II’s. The PA4 is personally my favourite winter tire and preforms excellent on dry winter road and wet. I find it’s very good in deep snow where the bumper is plowing through and I’ve driven it in temperatures below -45C this year. It is fine in my experience and is better than the Hakka 8 imo except on stopping on very icy road because of the lack of studs. To say the PA4 is only for wet road is an error in my opinion. Reviewers can say what they want but it’s a good true winter tire in my humble Canadian opinion.

Reactions: KTC

Arc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
Interesting
Everyone seems to be very happy with the Alpin also here in Sweden aswell. I would love if a magazine would do a complete review on various surfaces such as dry, wet, snow, ice etc comparing alpin, hakka, p-zeros etc using a taycan. Most reviews are made with normal family cars or suvs that have lower weight and less aggressive dimensions. Maybe the results would be different with a heavier powerful car such as the taycan and when using lower profiles and wider tires.

There was a small test made by a swedish magazine using a taycan comparing hakka, alpin, and studded hakka as well as summer tires. But it’s only on rough packed snow. In that test all the tires except the summer tires performed good.

the Michelin Alpin PA4 I have a good amount of experience with. I’ve used it on my other car for about 20,000km’s now. I’m in the middle of Canada not east coast or west coast but the cold Prairies I know a thing or two about cold climate ;) . I’ve used Nokia Hakka 8 studded before this, Sottozero 3’s and Sottozero II’s. The PA4 is personally my favourite winter tire and preforms excellent on dry winter road and wet. I find it’s very good in deep snow where the bumper is plowing through and I’ve driven it in temperatures below -45C this year. It is fine in my experience and is better than the Hakka 8 imo except on stopping on very icy road because of the lack of studs. To say the PA4 is only for wet road is an error in my opinion. Reviewers can say what they want but it’s a good true winter tire in my humble Canadian opinion.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I have the Hakka 10 EV silent studded installed and we are getting our first big snowfall today, so I will update on the performance if interested. So far, they are super quiet over 15-20mph.

OP
OP
schad

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
PZero Winters sing at 65mph (but not at 64 or 66). Slightly annoying, but other than that, they may actually be quieter than the Cinturato A/S tires that came with the car.

I just washed the car yesterday so I think I will not be testing their performance in the snow today.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
I've tried it now and it works.. answering my own question!

These are

20x9 et 49 O.Z. Hyper XT HLT
20x11 et 55 O.Z. Hyper XT HLT

With

Pirelli Scorpion Winter - 245/45r20 front and 275/40r20 rear

The offset puts them 5mm further out than stock and the rears are .3" shorter than stock, but all seems good with fitment.

While everything is in low supply, I found the 275 rears to give me far more options and the narrow tires probably make more sense in the snow. They're only a sligh stretch on the 11"-wide rims, but totally within the spec of the tire adn they look decent.

I was going to paint the wheels satin platinum, but with cold temps this week decided it was more important to get useable rubber on the car.

My ideal setup would have been 20" Turbo Aero Wheels painted satin black (like the cold weather test mules) with spacers, but I couldn't wait around to find the right deal and locale on used ones. I'll miss the Aurum Cross Turismo Designs, but the O.Z.s look decent and I'm thinking they'll be good for track tires in the summer.

IMG-0955.jpg

IMG-0954.jpg

IMG-0953.jpg

IMG-0952.jpg

IMG-0951.jpg
How much did it run you to ship to the USA?