Wireless Charging (UK)

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Does anybody know or understand why the U.K. Taycans do not come with the wireless charger? It is available in a lot of cars in the U.K. from other brands, and it is available in a lot of other markets. So Porsche do have it in the Taycan, but not for the U.K.?
Hi everyone I picked up my UK Taycan 4s MY2021 and IT DOES have wireless charging and car play fitted to it. In my arm rest is a small clip that you slot the phone into, with a sign saying “screen to face away” and have checked it and it’s working... so U.K. cars do have wireless charging.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
Ill try to attach picture showing my phone in the cradle with green charge icon and no cable fitted, excuse the poor quality...

A876DD39-C0C4-4C72-9474-EBB4B191A7D8.jpeg
Thats fantastic, thank you for taking the time to post that. Saves me having to but a USB C to lightning cable thingymajig now :like:

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Thats fantastic, thank you for taking the time to post that. Saves me having to but a USB C to lightning cable thingymajig now :like:
No worries. Thanks to others posting on here I’ve been well prepared with lithium 12v battery bank, USB c connectors and black leather wallet holder for that spare area under the centre console, so happy to pass it forward...

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
In my BMW X5 the wireless charging mat forever wakes the phone up. This is a function of ApplePay, I believe, but I like ApplePay's contactless for its convenience. Its slightly distracting unless you close the lid of the tray. Does the Taycan do the same?

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
In my BMW X5 the wireless charging mat forever wakes the phone up. This is a function of ApplePay, I believe, but I like ApplePay's contactless for its convenience. Its slightly distracting unless you close the lid of the tray. Does the Taycan do the same?
mine yes.

I can use wireless charging exactly as in previous pic also I can use Apple CarPlay Wireless. I’m in Italy and I have Taycan 4s my 2021 ... is mine Since a week

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
mine yes.

I can use wireless charging exactly as in previous pic also I can use Apple CarPlay Wireless. I’m in Italy and I have Taycan 4s my 2021 ... is mine Since a week
Mine too, MY21. I can confirm both wireless charging and wireless CarPlay works just fine...

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Thinking about changing current iPhone for a 12 pro max shortly. Will this for in the holder?

Redders

First Name
Antony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mercedes E240 Est, BMW 420d Sport Conv
Country flag
Ill try to attach picture showing my phone in the cradle with green charge icon and no cable fitted, excuse the poor quality...

Having moaned about Apple for years I’ve transitioned to the ‘evil empire’ from Android (the slightly less evil empire in my view) just to take advantage of Car Play when my car arrives; it’s a bonus that wireless charging is supported too. Apparently I wasn’t THAT concerned after all, and actually my new iPhone 12 is a superb device IMHO.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Can someone confirm how many USB C sockets there are under the arm rest?

Agree that for a quick trip wireless CarPlay is fine, but in provokes cars I have found it slower for track changes (so you tap again and skip 2 or 3 tracks) and have found it co fusing at junctions in Google maps as it sometimes can't keep up.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
#tigerbalm Many thanks. JB

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag

Hi, Just out of curiosity, did you have to enable anything in PCM? The good to know guide says that there's a setting in phone\settings... did you have to enable that and do you have those settings to enable?

Picked my car up today, have the cradle, but no settings in the PCM, and have tries with iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone X but no charging joy...

Chers
Dave

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi, Just out of curiosity, did you have to enable anything in PCM? The good to know guide says that there's a setting in phone\settings... did you have to enable that and do you have those settings to enable?

Picked my car up today, have the cradle, but no settings in the PCM, and have tries with iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone X but no charging joy...

Chers
Dave
Was that not one of the chips currently missing due to the shortage?
Sponsored