bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
I was considering mamba green; my sales guy said it negatively affects resale value. Still, I would admire your boldness driving your family around that way.
Sponsored

Reactions: R_K

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Green is my favourite colour so I was delighted to be able to choose it. Most manufacturers offer a plethora of monochrome variations and one colour, usually red or blue.
I am bored by the ubiquitous monochrome cars.
My current car is dark metallic grey and it does look smart but boring.

I saw my first Mamba Taycan in Menai Bridge today and it looked fabulous, a bit darker than it looked to me under artificial lighting in the showroom and much more striking, I would say.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
It's sacrilege on this forum but I would pretty much get every other color before mamba green. I absolutely love black cars, and the Taycan also looks amazing in it, but I've done black so often I chose to go with something different in Ice Gray. That being said, color is too subjective to tell you what to do!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I was considering mamba green; my sales guy said it negatively affects resale value. Still, I would admire your boldness driving your family around that way.
I looked at a used Mamba CT at the dealer but it had a spec I didn’t like, a lot of pricy extras I wouldn’t choose and none of the crucial ones I wanted!

The only thing I liked about it was the colour and the interior leather (Truffle) but it wasn’t enough…

Reactions: B61

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'd be surprised if he had sufficient direct experience of used Mamba Taycan sales to justify his assertion. I don't think green is undesirable on a performance or fun car as it typically is in the luxury or workhorse segment.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'd be surprised if he had sufficient direct experience of used Mamba Taycan sales to justify his assertion. I don't think green is undesirable on a performance or fun car as it typically is in the luxury or workhorse segment.
Tend to agree but its right up there with Frozen Blue & Berry - resale could be tricky if that's a concern (some folk don't care if they lease the car for example). There are better greens in the PTS armoury which unfortunately Porsche charge too much for that may be a more popular choice than Mamba.

Getting a new car in any colour of your choice these days would be a bonus!

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I admire all the folk who have the mamba green it does look good and unusual.

I don’t have the bottle to get one though as it’s a huge investment and i can’t risk any potential residual loss as my dealer also advised me!

I’m sure it’s because he doesn’t fancy trying to sell anything other than black, grey, silver, blue…

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all,

So we've placed an order for out Taycan which is due late Sept 2023.

We are still unsure of the colour...

We've ordered metallic black, but now thinking with a car like a Taycan should we move away from white and black and go more special for a special car.

We are a family of 5...(3 kids ... 3, 9 and 12)

So don't know if the mamba green will be too loud?

Does anyone have pictures of their Taycan in the real world as opposed to showroom pics.
Black. Car already gets enough attention and is futuristic and different. The Mamba Green is way too cringe personally for me to ever spec something like that. The ones who have it love it though and they look good but that’s not my style. It’s whatever fits you.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Mamba green.
I don't believe it will impact resale value.
In a few years a Taycan will be so common, that mamba green will be very popular in resale.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Tend to agree but its right up there with Frozen Blue & Berry - resale could be tricky if that's a concern (some folk don't care if they lease the car for example).
Mine will be fine, I'm sure the Bordeaux leather will clinch it 😁
At my stage in life, I have an aversion to anything that might look more at home at a funeral than at a wedding or prom.

Last edited:

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
You gotta love how these sales advisors claim that special colors effect resale. If they had one in stock, the story would flip and they would ask for more. There is a reason why Porsche charges more for special colors, because they are desirable and just that - special. Heard the same story with my Lava Orange Cayenne. Traded that car and the dealer sold it in less than 24 hours. When spending this amount of money, get what you want and don’t worry about the next owner.

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
I’ve always had black cars, love them; my current 911 is black.

SWMBO fancied something different so we settled on Volcano Grey. I thought it looked great.

Saw a Mamba Green on the road, was intrigued. Drove to see one up close, loved it.

Changed my order to mamba green and can’t wait.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi all,

So we've placed an order for out Taycan which is due late Sept 2023.

We are still unsure of the colour...

We've ordered metallic black, but now thinking with a car like a Taycan should we move away from white and black and go more special for a special car.

We are a family of 5...(3 kids ... 3, 9 and 12)

So don't know if the mamba green will be too loud?

Does anyone have pictures of their Taycan in the real world as opposed to showroom pics.
Every one of the Taycan colors look good with the right spec. Mamba green is loud but that doesn’t make it bad….just loud.

I promised myself that I would never buy a black car again because every spec of dust and blemish is very visible.

I wouldn’t pick either of these two colors personally but that doesn’t make them bad in any way.
Sponsored