First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Not a good future for all of us, with respect to that heater :(
Hope your car will soon be ready and some flawless kms after collection.
Thanks Rik. Update! I can collect my car on Saturday so excited finally šŸ˜¬
Sponsored

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
Mine has packed in too. Very disappointing in a car costing the same as a house in Middlesboroā€™ !
The term ā€˜ final strawā€™ springs to mind.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Three weeks ago my high voltage heater went out. Same symptoms as reported above (inability to heat the battery prior to charging, and no cabin heat). I wasnā€™t surprised that it happened since Iā€™d been reading this thread (disappointed yes - surprised no).

Made an appointment for next repair slot with a loaner (3 weeks out), and my SA ordered the parts with the hope that they would arrive before the service (which they did). Survived fine on the seat heater and the steering wheel heater in the interim.

Coincidentally I picked up a nail in the left rear tire 3 days prior to the service. The tire pressure monitor worked like a charm. Called the SA again and a replacement tire was waiting for me when I dropped off the car for the heater replacement (note - Porsche will not repair tires since repairs would likely not survive aggressive driving). Luckily, I had purchased the Tire & Wheel insurance (covers flats, wheel damage, and cosmetic issues), so it was covered. I wasnā€™t thrilled by the flat, but it was nice to have all the problems arrive at the same time ;)

After the service my SA said that she believed that the replacement HV Heater part was different from the 2021 original, but was unable to offer specifics.

hatpick

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Three weeks ago my high voltage heater went out. Same symptoms as reported above (inability to heat the battery prior to charging, and no cabin heat). I wasnā€™t surprised that it happened since Iā€™d been reading this thread (disappointed yes - surprised no).

Made an appointment for next repair slot with a loaner (3 weeks out), and my SA ordered the parts with the hope that they would arrive before the service (which they did). Survived fine on the seat heater and the steering wheel heater in the interim.

Coincidentally I picked up a nail in the left rear tire 3 days prior to the service. The tire pressure monitor worked like a charm. Called the SA again and a replacement tire was waiting for me when I dropped off the car for the heater replacement (note - Porsche will not repair tires since repairs would likely not survive aggressive driving). Luckily, I had purchased the Tire & Wheel insurance (covers flats, wheel damage, and cosmetic issues), so it was covered. I wasnā€™t thrilled by the flat, but it was nice to have all the problems arrive at the same time ;)

After the service my SA said that she believed that the replacement HV Heater part was different from the 2021 original, but was unable to offer specifics.
You and I went to the same dealer and probably the same SA but with different experiences. For me it was a little bit before yours, so I guess they might have received more parts by then, "she" did not order anything for me until they diagnosed it in the service center, saying parts are per VIN and they cant order it until the diagnosis report is in. Anyways, I was given a 1-2 months ETA but got the car fixed in 14 days.

I had the exact same issue with my tire a while back too, they told me just take it to discount tire to patch it, cause Porsche does not fix, they replace and it will cost a lot to order tires. lmao

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Made an appointment for next repair slot with a loaner (3 weeks out),
What use are loaners if Porsche is not keeping enough on hand to keep up with failure+repair rates of their cars? Do they provide external car rental or uber credits?

hatpick

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
What use are loaners if Porsche is not keeping enough on hand to keep up with failure+repair rates of their cars? Do they provide external car rental or uber credits?
They try to give their own loaners, if not available, Enterprise, if not, you complain to Porsche and they'll reimburse your own rental costs. In my case I got lucky and got a Taycan.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They try to give their own loaners, if not available, Enterprise, if not, you complain to Porsche and they'll reimburse your own rental costs. In my case I got lucky and got a Taycan.
Hopefully with a larger stock of used Taycans showing up at dealerships lately, they can repurpose them into loaners. I assume the dealer can bill Porsche for using their cars, which should help with the interest and depreciation the dealership has to pay to keep a used Taycan on their lots.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
After three weeks with my car in the shop to replace the heater I am getting it back today. Really was not bad given they gave me a Macan to use. Happy with the loaner but very happy to get my car back.
Good luck everyone waiting.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
After three weeks with my car in the shop to replace the heater I am getting it back today. Really was not bad given they gave me a Macan to use. Happy with the loaner but very happy to get my car back.
Good luck everyone waiting.
Interesting ! In all my 53 years of driving, I have never had a car that has had the heater blow up. I think Porsche have now alienated me from the marque, given the numerous electrical faults that have occurred and the number of days off the road I have experienced.

And three weeks for the ā€˜repairā€™ ? Thatā€™s pathetic. And so is a mere Macan as a loaner.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting ! In all my 53 years of driving, I have never had a car that has had the heater blow up. I think Porsche have now alienated me from the marque, given the numerous electrical faults that have occurred and the number of days off the road I have experienced.

And three weeks for the ā€˜repairā€™ ? Thatā€™s pathetic. And so is a mere Macan as a loaner.
I am going to assume most, if not all, of the cars you drove in the last 53 years were internal combustion engines. If you ever had an engine die, you had a heater die. You just didn't realize that because along with the heater dies your source of locomotion, 12V alternator, and basically the whole car.

So unless in your 53 years of driving you never had any engine troubles, you had heater troubles - engine was your heater, you were just more concerned about the other effects of your ICE heater dying, like not being able to drive or the 12V battery being dead.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
Thanks for the response, though not quite sure what your point is. Youā€™re correct in your inference that my previous cars were all ICE - as the next one will be - but Iā€™m talking about a car costing well over Ā£100k from a manufacturer that is happy to boast how good its products are, yet produces one whose electrics fail.

Iā€™ve had three safety recalls, two lengthy delays to repair a blocked charge port and now this. Thatā€™s way more than any other car Iā€™ve had, including two Range Rovers.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the response, though not quite sure what your point is. Youā€™re correct in your inference that my previous cars were all ICE - as the next one will be - but Iā€™m talking about a car costing well over Ā£100k from a manufacturer that is happy to boast how good its products are, yet produces one whose electrics fail.

Iā€™ve had three safety recalls, two lengthy delays to repair a blocked charge port and now this. Thatā€™s way more than any other car Iā€™ve had, including two Range Rovers.
I am not sure there are any 99%+ reliable cars being made any more. I used to love Lexus (Toyota) reliability but even their latest EV had a major recall because its wheels would fall off (the recall was serious enough for them to give every owner a new ICE car to drive, cover their fuel costs, and tow away the EV until they can fix the problem. There was a buyback option too). If you find a car with which nobody has had any problems with, let me know. Ideally it would be a performance EV.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well ! Thatā€™s Tesla for you I supposeā€¦.good for them.
LOL, 10 years, 4 Model S's, let me tell you, no they are not problem free. Everyone of the 4 Teslas I had required service visits immediately after delivery. They held up relatively ok after fixing production experimentation issues. That said, they were nowhere near the reliability of my prior ICE cars. Check out Tesla forums if you want to read horror stories. They happen for every brand nowadays.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You and I went to the same dealer and probably the same SA but with different experiences. For me it was a little bit before yours, so I guess they might have received more parts by then, "she" did not order anything for me until they diagnosed it in the service center, saying parts are per VIN and they cant order it until the diagnosis report is in. Anyways, I was given a 1-2 months ETA but got the car fixed in 14 days.

I had the exact same issue with my tire a while back too, they told me just take it to discount tire to patch it, cause Porsche does not fix, they replace and it will cost a lot to order tires. lmao
No clue why the experience is different, but she mentioned that they had done replacements on perhaps 30 Taycans so my guess is that this was no longer being treated as a VIN-specific issue.

The tire replacement at the dealer was $476 but was covered by insurance. I think I would have likely paid that much at third-party tire shop for that tire. If I were traveling I might have gone with a patch, and then purchase a new tire later.
Sponsored