Kevin402

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I am specing up my Taycan CT. While keep the cost within the budget I am indecisive between Sports Chrono and Rear Axle Steering.

The Taycan is meant to be for daily use within city and not for track day. This probably means RAS will be more useful. But, I have no idea how much better will it be with RAS?

Alternatively, Sports Chrono gives easy access to different modes and set up an individual one, which seems handy to me.

It is my first Porsche and therefore seeking for your suggestions. Thanks.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I am specing up my Taycan CT. While keep the cost within the budget I am indecisive between Sports Chrono and Rear Axle Steering.

The Taycan is meant to be for daily use within city and not for track day. This probably means RAS will be more useful. But, I have no idea how much better will it be with RAS?

Alternatively, Sports Chrono gives easy access to different modes and set up an individual one, which seems handy to me.

It is my first Porsche and therefore seeking for your suggestions. Thanks.
Go for Rear Axle Steering: I forgot to spec it myself and that is my only regret.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
RAS if you really have to choose. Sports Chrono an iconic feature, but for regular day to day use RAS is what you want and need.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The PCM is annoying to use if not almost impossible to use while driving.

Not having the drive mode dial on the steering wheel means you have to go into the PCM each time you want to change the drive mode, which I do almost always while driving.

Drive mode resets to Normal everytime you start the car.

If I had to choose I would chose sport chrono instead of RAS.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Without Chrono you don't have a true Porsche. "Sport Plus" should be called "Porsche mode" and the mode you should be using for daily driving. Period. End of story.

If you don't get Chrono, just know that every Taycan with it has much better performance than your car. There is no way to fake or add the performance that Sport Plus mode gives you. It adjusts the entire car to a sportier extent than Sport mode. Individual mode & the dial selector are just frosting, "Sport Plus" is the delicious cake.

Now, I'd also 100% get RAS and make cuts elsewhere. RAS is great. But RAS is (mostly) a quality of life improvement.

Every other option is just an option but speccing a Porsche without Chrono is silly and wrong. It 100% should be included on every car.

IMO if you can't afford a Taycan with Bose, Chrono, RAS, LCA.. you can't afford a Taycan. Those are just the "must have" 4 to truly experience the Taycan.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Not having the drive mode dial on the steering wheel means you have to go into the PCM each time you want to change the drive mode, which I do almost always while driving.

Actually, just configure My Screen to show drive mode to simplify. If you you want Sport Plus PASM then just touch the icon on the main instrument binnacle.

With the Chrono wheel you have to look down to figure out which way to turn it.

If that feels like too much just simply floor the gas pedal and you'll get the gear change and full power.

Chrono is an old analogue carryover which doesn't really sit well or logically in an EV Porsche.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

There is a Sport button always present on the bottom left of the lower screen so you don’t have to get into the PCM menus to choose the drive mode.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That’s a tough question. I think RAS by just a sliver. No sport chrono. No RAS. Dammit.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There is a Sport button always present on the bottom left of the lower screen so you don’t have to get into the PCM menus to choose the drive mode.
Actually you do if you want to select between Range, Sport or Normal.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Actually you do if you want to select between Range, Sport or Normal.
Only Range is not selectable from the Sport button but Normal and Sport are.
I personally never use Range so the screen button works perfectly for me.