Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
the code for the 19.2 kW charging is still there, but the description has been eliminated, and I am wondering what that means.
I wouldn’t worry about that too much. The code is probably how they store the data for your build. It’s probably just failing to lookup the description.

It’s possible that’s it’s related to whatever they did to remove it from the online configurator. But that part is just speculation.
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
The 19.2 kW will work. The plug and charge feature will not. No fix announced yet.

I am happy, I order the 19.2 kW for home.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I spoke with PCNA this morning and the news has changed somewhat.

Last week I was told my produced but not delivered car with the 19.2kW charger could not be fixed. If I wanted plug and charge I would have to give up the 19.2kW charger and order a new car ETA unknown.

This morning I was told that they may be conducting hardware replacement. It was not clear if this would be a swap to the standard charger or a fixed 19.2kW charger. I am not sure how I feel about major surgery on a brand new and undelivered car (German factory tolerances vs US service center.)

So at this point I don’t know if I’m going to end up with my original car or start over. The original car is sitting at Emden.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I received this from my dealer this morning via email regarding my car:

What is the technical background for this situation? The root cause of the problem stems from a Plug & Charge certificate stored on the AC On-board charger. There is no technical solution to retrofit the required certificate onto the 19.2 kW charger for MY21 vehicles.
  • · What will Porsche do about this problem?
  • o Effective immediately, we will hide the option on ICC until the issue is resolved (currently expected beginning MY22)
  • o Within the next two weeks, we will hide the option on DCC in order to allow for changes to be made
  • o Customer Experience is working on a goodwill approach for delivered, produced, and unchangeable KF vehicles and will provide an update in the next days.
  • · What do you need to do?
  • o Please inform all your affected customers about this update and adjust any changeable KF and LF orders immediately.
what sort of goodwill gesture could they do to correct a feature that they sold and cannot deliver?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what sort of goodwill gesture could they do to correct a feature that they sold and cannot deliver?
For me there is none. I road trip a bunch and the feature is a deal killer. Well, ok, if they took an additional $50k off I’d deal with it ?. For me, the only solution is one where I have the features as advertised. Even then I am worried about major surgery on a brand new vehicle.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For me there is none. I road trip a bunch and the feature is a deal killer. Well, ok, if they took an additional $50k off I’d deal with it ?. For me, the only solution is one where I have the features as advertised. Even then I am worried about major surgery on a brand new vehicle.
it almost a class action suit type of situation. we all paid for something and we will never get it,
the good will gesture should be some sort of financial compensation.
maybe they'll offer us free oil changes. :rolleyes:

this is very teslaish

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it almost a class action suit type of situation. we all paid for something and we will never get it,
the good will gesture should be some sort of financial compensation.
maybe they'll offer us free oil changes. :rolleyes:

this is very teslaish
Say what you will about Tesla, but they replaced a car for me when they couldn’t fix a feature, and I didn’t have to hire a lawyer.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please do tell. What do you mean they took $50K off? Inquiring minds want to know…
It was a joke. “What kind of goodwill gesture could they make...”. Nobody is offering $50k.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Say what you will about Tesla, but they replaced a car for me when they couldn’t fix a feature, and I didn’t have to hire a lawyer.
I don't think that the deletion of the feature warrants a vehicle replacement however I think porsche should be obliged to offer some sort of compensation for the unfixable feature that was promised.
how about a free hat? ;)

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think that the deletion of the feature warrants a vehicle replacement however I think porsche should be obliged to offer some sort of compensation for the unfixable feature that was promised.
how about a free hat? ;)
Remember I haven’t even taken delivery yet. Why should I take delivery of a broken car when Porsche can manufacturer one that isn’t broken?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Dumb question but how is Plug & Charge related to the charger?

On MY21 cars this is standard in the PCM menu and simply needs to be enabled.

I have mine enabled and PLC to the vehicle active. This then displays the model on the PMCC and puts the charger into 'Pause" mode (flashing blue on PMCC). Charging then takes place as per timer and profile settings.

I get my WMA6 update this Thursday so interested to see what if anything changes. I'm hoping the actual PID / VIN of my car appears on the PMCC rather than a defaulted Porsche one.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Remember I haven’t even taken delivery yet. Why should I take delivery of a broken car when Porsche can manufacturer one that isn’t broken?
I suppose that you could refuse delivery at the risk of waiting for a new car to be built for you

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dumb question but how is Plug & Charge related to the charger?
it is related to being able to use the Electrify America chargers without going through the ritual with the apps to initiate a charge.
the plug and charge feature is inoperable because, according to porsche, there is some sort of software/hardware conflict.
yes the feature was sold, delivered and showed up in the car however it does not work.
Sponsored