terryS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Bentley GTC
Country flag
I had my 4S for about a month now. Still learning about the car. Sometimes I'll come down to my garage and the car will have the headlights on and the air conditioner running before I unlock it. When I unlock it the car will automatically start. Not a bad feature but I'm wondering why it does that.also having a lot of trouble getting the Porsche connect that to work. Call them twice and they gave me a lot of promises but very little activity. Anyone else having difficulty with the connect app?
Sponsored

Squarecircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s +
Country flag
I have given up on the connect app, terrible connection issues. Works maybe once in 10 attempts. I have just bookmarked the website login and use that instead now as it works most of the time.

lasik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo S
Country flag
I have never been able to get connect to work correctly. No connection to PCM. Always something in the circle for connection status red.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have never been able to get connect to work correctly. No connection to PCM. Always something in the circle for connection status red.
I know it's weird, but you only need the two left quarters of the circle to be green for everything to work with the PCM. The car has to be in good cell service and your phone has to either have good cell service or internet from a router via wifi. Ignore the statement at the bottom of the connection status windows that says there is "no connectio to the PCM". I've confirmed this with Porsche. In the US, we cannot connect the car to a home wifi and can't use the car as a wifi connection. The car talks to the Porsche server via cell service and the simm card and the phone talks to the server via the web. The server tells the car what the phone wants it to do. I mainly use it to pre-cool or pre-heat the car when I'm in a restaurant or store since my home doesn't have good cell service. Try using the climate bar at the top of the app if you have green between the mobile device and the server and green between the server and the Taycan and it will work (unless it's broken and needs the dealer to fix it). It's confusing for us here in the US, but it works. I've had my car for a year and it took a lot of calls to confirm this weirdness.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
In the US, we cannot connect the car to a home wifi and can't use the car as a wifi connection.
Just to confirm what you said, in the U.S. there is NO WiFi connection from the Taycan to a home WiFi router?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just to confirm what you said, in the U.S. there is NO WiFi connection from the Taycan to a home WiFi router?
Correct - not possible to connect Taycan to home WiFi.

This is however is an option for Russian spec cars only (according to the Porsche Good to Know App).

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
@terryS , I believe that what you are experiencing is that the car is sometimes waking due to the interaction with the key. After you lock the car or leave it alone for a period of time, the car kind of goes into a sleep mode. If your key is within range of the car and you move it (by, for example, picking it up off your desk or putting it in your pocket), you “wake” the car and it unlocks and wakes in the manner that you indicate. This would happen to me often because my garage is within the framing of my house so I can be “next” to my car except a floor above it. I now place my keys in a Faraday cage and this never happens any more. This is all conjecture, as I have no official source for this, but it makes intuitive sense.

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
This is a great recap and 100% accurate. It took me quite a while to figure this out but on my own and also with help. This is why forum is great and can save someone HOURS!

I know it's weird, but you only need the two left quarters of the circle to be green for everything to work with the PCM. The car has to be in good cell service and your phone has to either have good cell service or internet from a router via wifi. Ignore the statement at the bottom of the connection status windows that says there is "no connectio to the PCM". I've confirmed this with Porsche. In the US, we cannot connect the car to a home wifi and can't use the car as a wifi connection. The car talks to the Porsche server via cell service and the simm card and the phone talks to the server via the web. The server tells the car what the phone wants it to do. I mainly use it to pre-cool or pre-heat the car when I'm in a restaurant or store since my home doesn't have good cell service. Try using the climate bar at the top of the app if you have green between the mobile device and the server and green between the server and the Taycan and it will work (unless it's broken and needs the dealer to fix it). It's confusing for us here in the US, but it works. I've had my car for a year and it took a lot of calls to confirm this weirdness.